Finn's Leather Jacket

More pics, including the 3D printed greeblie we made. We had Indy leave the shoulder pads undyed so we could paint them ourselves-- just as the screen-used jacket appears to have been.
20150902_065323.jpg
20150902_065347.jpg

The problem with offering a non painted version to be painted later is that you will not achieve the correct look. The top stitching is not painted. While there is evidence of red paint splashed over to other joined parts, that red appears to be from rubbing against the painted panel.

The problem with offering a non painted version to be painted later is that you will not achieve the correct look. The top stitching is not painted. While there is evidence of red paint splashed over to other joined parts, that red appears to be from rubbing against the painted panel.

If you have a deft hand and are very conservative with your paint, you can paint the panels without touching the actual stitching, FYI.

I worked something out with Indy where he worked extra hard to get me this by Dragoncon. I am 3D printing the jacket greeblies as we speak. Definitely need to weather the jacket and only have about 24 hours to do it so I could use some advice!

Where did you find the file for the greeblies? Mind sharing it? :rolleyes

Gah! If only I was a little bit richer! I'm doing a Rey costume for myself and was thinking about making my roommate do Finn....no way can either one of us could afford $750 though!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're using this jacket for a Poe Dameron costume... here are the correct boots!
Po Zu brand Well-2 boots in brown
(Poe's boots seem to be re-dyed or painted black or very dark brown. Several wear marks reveal the original brown color underneath)

http://po-zu.com/collections/mens/products/well-2-brown-pre-order

Follow The Parts of Star Wars on Facebook for more TFA and classic part identification!
https://www.facebook.com/PartsofSW

Awesome find! Any luck tracking down Finn's footwear, by chance? :(

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back