Stranger Things (Netflix)

OK, as always I'm late to these things, but this one looks like it might be my kinda vibe (being an 80's kid). But I gotta ask - I keep seeing this listed under the horror genre. What sort are we talking? If it's 'Alien' levels then fine, but if it's 'The Thing' or 'Saw' I'm out.

Horror as in Stephen King's It with a creature almost as terrifying as the xenomorph from Alien.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my god, you guys, the kid who plays Dustin is a ******* treasure!

Dustin.jpg

OK, as always I'm late to these things, but this one looks like it might be my kinda vibe (being an 80's kid). But I gotta ask - I keep seeing this listed under the horror genre. What sort are we talking? If it's 'Alien' levels then fine, but if it's 'The Thing' or 'Saw' I'm out.
My wife loathes horror movies. But she loves Stranger Things. It's mostly in your head anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

My wife loathes horror movies. But she loves Stranger Things. It's mostly in your head anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Thanks, that sounds more like what I was hoping. I guess it's hard to really explain without spoilers, but it looks like I'll be giving this a go.

Thanks all, the more I look at reviews of this, the more it looks like it's only really 'horror' in the sense that it can be a bit scary. 80's nostalgia trip, here I come!

Does anyone know what type of blue retro jacket this is? Or the pink dress?

My Wife's looking to do a Halloween costume of this. Thanks!

MV5BNDE1MjQ1MDE3NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTY0ODE0OTE@._V1_SX1777_CR001777888_AL_.jpg

Ok, so this might be strange criticism to try and justify, and I might be the only one thinking it, but...

It rubs me the wrong way that they have all of those titles in there. It makes me believe that they think borrowing from 80's cinema is what makes that show. To me, that isn't what made Stranger Things what it is. It's way more than a a mashup of 80's movies. They did a great job delving into their own original ideas and creating the characters they did. I hope they don't go overboard on the 80's cinema nostalgia. It's a fine line between a sort of 80's period piece and 80's nostalgia show. I hope they see that, and I hope they play more towards a period piece vibe, than they do the nostalgia aspect.

I have a hard time putting this idea into words, and it skirts a very fine line, This probably doesn't make a lot of sense, but I hope it does.

Ok, so this might be strange criticism to try and justify, and I might be the only one thinking it, but...

It rubs me the wrong way that they have all of those titles in there. It makes me believe that they think borrowing from 80's cinema is what makes that show. To me, that isn't what made Stranger Things what it is. It's way more than a a mashup of 80's movies. They did a great job delving into their own original ideas and creating the characters they did. I hope they don't go overboard on the 80's cinema nostalgia. It's a fine line between a sort of 80's period piece and 80's nostalgia show. I hope they see that, and I hope they play more towards a period piece vibe, than they do the nostalgia aspect.

I have a hard time putting this idea into words, and it skirts a very fine line, This probably doesn't make a lot of sense, but I hope it does.

I believe those are the Season 2 episode titles, not a list of films they plan to emulate. I watched this morning but didn't go back to check - was there another movie title after "MadMax?" I'd expect that even that episode will have nothing directly to do with the film "Mad Max."

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back