Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

Both the A-10 Thunderbolt and the Harrier were commisioned pre Star Wars and are still in active service today, if just barely. And like the X wings, they have been modified and upgraded for slightly different roles and with better tech, but they are easily identifiable . The beauty about what we have seen so far is that the producers have taken this same time period and they have extended it to the SW universe in terms of the story, the cast and the design asthetic . So it all appears to have aged at exactly the same pace as those of us who saw the original release of SW. Everytime I see and hear alittle more about this project the more I thank George Lucas for having had the guts to give it all up and pass the baton on, and to everyone at Disney and Lucasfilm for picking it up and running with it. Really I can't thank them enough.

A bit off topic here but here goes anyway. The A-10 is largely the same as it was when it was first commissioned, the current C models are literally the original A-10s upgraded to a C configuration, same exact airframe but with upgrades. The Harrier is a more apt analogy for the original X-Wing vs. the new X-Wing we've seen although the time frame is far more compressed. The Harrier in use by the Marine Corps, the AV-8B is a different bird from the Harriers that were in use by the RAF and RN, it resembles the old British Harrier but there are noticeable differences on the outside and is practically a completely different bird on the inside with the notable exception of its Rolls Royce Pegasus engine.

Half of what comes out of Jason Ward's mouth is bull**** he's made up, made to look like inside info. Trust me. I can't tell you which half though. :lol ;)

Couldn't NOT look...

If real, they look amazing.

same here... I wish I hadn't looked though... some rather revealing stuff there... that I would have rather been surprised by.. but like other have said, no doubt will be seen in some form in trailers before the film comes out and I do watch official trailers! :D I'm so blown away and love what I saw... I've said it before and will say it again with vigor; STAR WARS IS BACK!!! :D

Hugs to Zeb!!!

Seriously. If they top rebels. I... I just don't know.

I will definitely cry through the first few viewings of ep7.

I'm trying to not shoot my hopes too high... But rebels is making that very difficult!

If that is the "kids uber Disneyesque" version... And the movies will be a bit darker... (Not emo if it's dark it's cool, but OT dark)

I don't know.

I may spontaneously combust?

same here... I wish I hadn't looked though... some rather revealing stuff there... that I would have rather been surprised by.. but like other have said, no doubt will be seen in some form in trailers before the film comes out and I do watch official trailers! :D I'm so blown away and love what I saw... I've said it before and will say it again with vigor; STAR WARS IS BACK!!! :D

This was posted on Twitter:

"Rumored Darth Vader helmet as it will be seen in Star Wars 7".

image.jpg

Man these pics are fun to look at aren't they? It's '77 for me once again!! I think I'll need a downer to watch the first official trailer ' cause I'll be like OldKen: on fire

Damn, that concept art is something! Looks real! What's up with the crashed ISD,AT-AT,Falcon and an X-wing being towed???? Awesome stuff!!

I absolutely love that base made out of a wrecked AT-AT. I wonder how long it will take before someone on here builds a model of that.

The rate of these leaks make me worry that there will be very few surprises left at the time of the premiere of the film... But did you notice the long-neck Y-wing in the Massassi temple set floor plan? Dayum! :D

EDIT: No, it says Episode IV. What is going on there?

Concept art has a definitive meaning to me. Some of these pics look like actual CGI screen grabs. More specifically, one of the ATAT base pics looks blurred like the camera is following the speeder bike into the base. The Stormtroopers standing around in front of the TIE also looks like a CGI screen grab.

So two school of thoughts: 1) They are really concept art made on a computer. 2) They are actual scenes...works in progress pulled from production.

Im only referring to the above mentioned pictures. The rest are obviously traditional concept drawings.

I flew the writer, the same writer from ESB and ROTJ. He was mum on details. I showed him the leaked picture of the Stormtrooper helmet. "The suit is just as beautiful!' Was his only comment.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back