Real Webley EE3 build for Albert

scottjua

Master Member
Mugatu recently sold this superb condition real Webley to Albery who asked me to build his ESB EE3 for him.

Real 1917 Webley
Real Milbro scope
Real V8 Pistons
Real Molex connectors
Sidewinder mount, and mystery discs.
Cast LMK plugs
Rafalworks Center Stock greeblie
This is very much like my own, but this Webley is in STELLAR condition. Original Blue intact and just gorgeous. I took it down completely and fixed a small issue with the hammer not locking back on cocking.

In the pics you'll see the greeblies are a little crooked when I tweaked them while setting up the stand to take a couple quick pics. That's fixed.

Also will lighten the weathering on the MPP a bit before sending it out.

IMG_4762.jpg

IMG_4766.jpg

IMG_4764.jpg

IMG_4763.jpg

IMG_4757.jpg

IMG_4758.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Outstanding. It's been said before, and I'm sure it will be said several more. Simply outstanding, Scott.

We both knew that it would never work out between us. Me, a Yank, and her a Brit. We were oceans apart, but we will always have March of 2016.

Once again, Scott, absolutely incredible work my friend...

...and CONGRATULATIONS ON THIS BEAUTY, ALBERT!!!

We both knew that it would never work out between us. Me, a Yank, and her a Brit. We were oceans apart, but we will always have March of 2016.

Congratulations to the new owner...you´ve done well to let Scott do this conversion. He´s a MASTER!!!

Beautiful work! Looks like it came straight out of the Lucasfilm archives :)

The weathering's great too - I really like all the small chips and dings in the stock.

Oh, lerrus see how you attached the wire around the front clamp bolts please :)

Just an interpretation really. I haven't ever seen a good pic of the original underneath. This is just a bit of solder wire, but it works for the look.
IMG_4806.JPG

The scope isn't going to be painted flat black like the original prop... as this Milbro is in brand new condition.
IMG_4807.JPG

The molex connectors are held on by magnets. I did this so that it can easily be removed and replaced if it needs to be laid down and also for shipping. Otherwise something pinned, screwed, or glued would break. This is for display so it's perfect.
IMG_4808.JPG

Same for the side V8 con rods and mystery disc greeblies. This also means nothing is permanently attached to the webley.
IMG_4809.JPG

Fixed the alignment
IMG_4810.JPG

Molex are dyed
IMG_4812.JPG

Great minds think alike Scott :D

I also went with magnets to attach the discs and V8 pushrods to the Webley (even if I pinned/ glued the molex connectors to the clamp)

One question: I thought the scopes were ASI on these has thinking changed on that point?

Dear God.

Just once could you make a post that doesn't blow my mind, make me jealous, and start thinking of things to sell, pawn, mortgage?

AAAHHH!!!

Sorry Markus n Marcus. This has to be the coolest "replica" blaster I've EVER seen... I say "replica" in quotes because other than it not being screen used, this thing is actually REAL.

Freaking NEED this... (Tell me it can still shoot flares??? LOL)

Just stop Scott! Or at least make just one thread with a sloppily modded rubies or doopys blaster so the rest of us don't have such blaster-envy?

In all seriousness, I'm afraid to ask how your gonna top this one?

I'm drooling over here.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back