Kurtyboy's project updates: 24 July - More blasters

Re: Project Updates 25 April - MPP, Leia Rubies (there's a good reason), Nostromo bla

Search completed listings on ebay. You'll see two recent listings with astronomical prices.

Oh I've seen them. Every moron with a single functioning neuron that has a metal tube from SOME old camera has theirs on ebay screaming "VADER LIGHTSABER STAR WARS-VINTAGE PALEOLITHIC ERA-LET ME RIP YOU OFF CAUSE I DON'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A FLASH GUN AND A METAL PIPE AT HOME DEPOT *SHWOOM- SWHOOM-STICK* "

Maybe I should just take a loan out next time

Re: Project Updates 25 April - MPP, Leia Rubies (there's a good reason), Nostromo bla

Oh I've seen them. Every moron with a single functioning neuron that has a metal tube from SOME old camera has theirs on ebay screaming "VADER LIGHTSABER STAR WARS-VINTAGE PALEOLITHIC ERA-LET ME RIP YOU OFF CAUSE I DON'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A FLASH GUN AND A METAL PIPE AT HOME DEPOT *SHWOOM- SWHOOM-STICK* "

Maybe I should just take a loan out next time

Haha, too true!

To be clear though, I'm talkin about real MPP's, not overpriced Heilands. Both were in the UK.

They've been coming out of the woodwork since TFA was released.

That MPP D-ring looks fabulous ... I know that repainting a shroud with that wrinklepaint can be quite tricky to achieve that original MPP appearance ... ask Roy ;)

MPP = Micro Precision Products was a unique UK Brand for photography equipment ... hence the UK and ebay.co.uk is the place to search for them :)

Chaim

That last MPP I saw sold with a military kit. It was last week I think. Sold for about $1100. I would have bid but it had the 2 step shroud.

As always your builds top notch! I like the shroud and d ring, they look great!

Looking forward to your updates! :D

Thanks Tom, but I'm going to give the wrinkle paint one last try.

Markus, I'm looking forward to finishing the Nostromo blaster as well. I need to get the magazine bottom plate from Shawn though.

That sucks about the wrinke paint. I just painted a Roy's shroud this weekend and came out perfect. What paint are you using?

Great looking MPP. Wishing you luck on the next shroud paint job and looking forward to the finished piece.

Slightly off topic, but on the subject of painting shrouds... Is there any such thing as a wrinkle paint one could use on resin? (Or any kinda textured paint.) I've got a cast shroud I'd like to spruce up. If possible, how would you guys go about doing it?

Slightly off topic, but on the subject of painting shrouds... Is there any such thing as a wrinkle paint one could use on resin? (Or any kinda textured paint.) I've got a cast shroud I'd like to spruce up. If possible, how would you guys go about doing it?

As long as the surface is properly prepped and primered, I don't think you'll have an issue

As long as the surface is properly prepped and primered, I don't think you'll have an issue

Oh! I thought the wrinkle paint had to be heated up to a very high temperature after application. Like something that would melt the resin.

Oh! I thought the wrinkle paint had to be heated up to a very high temperature after application. Like something that would melt the resin.

Does it? I've seen wrinkle paint off the shelf that doesn't need anything special.

Does it? I've seen wrinkle paint off the shelf that doesn't need anything special.

Ok, I wasn't sure, I've never used the stuff before, only read about it on here. Guess I'll go shoppin. Thanks!

the one I use doesn't NEED to be heated. It just takes FOREVER to dry if not

you certainly can, but if the material you paint is at risk of melting then I'd just wait it out. Put it in the sun certainly helps.

You mean there actually is true wrinkle paint out there and not the complete and utter fake crap that you can get at automotive stores and on ebay!?

Lol. Sure. Heck I could paint it for you

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back