DeAgostini Millennium Falcon by dtssyst

The Airfix Saturn V was retooled in the mid/late 2000's so you need the original tooling. The changes made by the retooling means the Command Module is now wider and more accurate to the real Saturn V whereas the original was thinner.

Going out on a wing and say Y.
So my two 2009 retooled kits are perfect for the hopefully intended (future build) purpose. ;)

Thanks for the helpful informations!
If you can, please make some pictures of the real kits parts as references for made these pne shapeways for every one.
A buddy made these ( with non profit), after i send him some parts for this: http://shpws.me/NanA
Its the KGV, B-29 and KfZ 222 parts.
Help us Obiwan Kenobi, you are our last hope...
Greetings,
Kuat.

Thanks for the helpful informations!
If you can, please make some pictures of the real kits parts as references for made these pne shapeways for every one.
A buddy made these ( with non profit), after i send him some parts for this: http://shpws.me/NanA
Its the KGV, B-29 and KfZ 222 parts.
Help us Obiwan Kenobi, you are our last hope...
Greetings,
Kuat.

I thank you greatly for looking and for providing a link to Sonic_Sun.

Last edited:
Its a shapeways price...
"You" paid only for the print and material, Sonic don't made profit with this.
I buy the Sd.kfz 222, the B-29 and the King George V for this and pait 130,-€ for these kits, to get 5 tiny parts.
If i understand you right ( my English is not good), you make resin copies of all missing parts?

Can i have a copy of the grebels,
then i don't need to buy lots of kits that i didn't want to build them?
Or good photos of them.

Thanks and greetings,
Kuat.

Hi Dtssyst, it's so awesome you guys are putting this project together. Im only on month 7 ,but anything that can help make this build better I'm all for it. Thanks for doing this. I will be watching. :)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thank you.
I'm sorry if i do something not right here.
We want only made parts for everyone...
I have tryed to copy the B-29 part,
Bluestuff and Miliput.
The result is ok, but i have to train my skills with it...
The others parts are to tiny for that. So we decided to do it via shapeways, we don't have a good 3D printer @ Home.
If i can support your project with a donation PN me, please.
Best wishes for 2017, and a healthy new Year.

Greetings,
Kuat.

Kuat,

You have done nothing wrong.

I would be willing to guess that a lot of builders want the missing parts. We do not have a 3D printer either but would love to have one. This is our personal project for our two personal kits and one set for dlbsyst personal kit (free for dlbsyst).

We hope our castings turn out great.

Without really trying to get into it and not something we wish to talk about here in this forum... De Agostini really upset us. Yes, they are in talks of what they are going to do about said missing parts. I really hope that they do the right thing and offer these and other missing parts at no cost to the subscribers. If they do... GREAT.

Last edited:
Hm .. why should europeans buy something from the usa when it can be printed around the corner. And with low shipping costs.
The price for the cast is also not yet covered.
The 3d print is an alternative.
regards
Christian

This missing parts project, first and foremost, should not have to be. We are in high hopes that De Agostini does right for all of its subscribers.

My wife and I have invested time and funds for the missing parts for our two kits.
We have shared some of our research on the first post for everyone. This information greatly assist anyone who seeks the missing parts, the kits they come from and where they go.

dlbsyst is like family to us. We have known him for about 20 years. I personally consider him to be my best friend. He gets a set of parts at no charge for his kit. This is no matter how good or bad the castings come out. Why? just because.

Last edited:
This missing parts project, first and foremost, should not have to be. We are in high hopes that De Agostini does right for all of its subscribers.

My wife and I have invested time and funds for the missing parts for our two kits.
We have shared some of our research on the first post for everyone. This information greatly assist anyone who seeks the missing parts, the kits they come from and where they go.

dlbsyst is like family to us. We have known him for about 20 years. I personally consider him to be my best friend. He gets a set of parts at no charge for his kit. This is no matter how good or bad the castings come out. Why? just because.

All funds for this project is out of our pocket. We are not asking anyone to help pay for anything (Kits, Resin, Mold Supplies and so on). FYI: we will probably resell the kits once we no longer need them. We have no idea on price per set yet as we have not cast/molded anything. Again, we are not asking anyone to fund that process. I can say that we are trying to keep the cost of the set very low. We also have no idea on how many sets will be available either.

A few in this thread have expressed interest. They will be the ones first contacted if/when sets are available.
Please include me to that list [emoji4]

Hi guys,
This is a superb project, hats off to you!
I agree that De Agostini have let us all down, in many ways, and I also feel like Steve Dymszo is partially to blame too. Apologies if I'm wrong and if anyone here is friendly with him, I have no personal grudge and don't know the man, but from things I've read about the De Agostini Falcon project it seems he was the head consultant and with his research for the MR Falcon including 'scanning' there really shouldn't have been half the errors! Things like the cockpit canopy are just inexcusable, and whilst it's great they offered a second version (to us in the UK, at least) the fact that the second version was almost worse beggars belief!
Anyway, back to the topic of missing greeblies; I know that parts were broken off and missing from the original at the time of 'scanning', but Steve Dymszo was made aware of this, and he sourced ten or so missing parts for his personal MR Falcon. So, if he was aware of these parts, why have De Agostini got so much wrong!?
Right, that's enough of my ranting. I'd just like to commend you for sourcing these parts which can't have been cheap, and as long as the cost isn't prohibitive for my budget I'd love to be put down for a set please!
Though, as you said, shipping to the UK may be a shock!
Cheers,
Phil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would not have been interested in the topic here.
But kuat asked for pictures of the parts, and he was aborted with phrases.:behave
A simple no you get no pictures of the parts, it would be easy.
Shapeways makes profit. And resin grows on trees ....;)
To make the thing short, I am not dependent on the pictures.
The parts are not a secret and also no diamonds.
Some sets are already on the way to me, and pictures from here would only shorten the time I need to build the parts in 3d.
It should please no one is offended is only my opinion.:)
English is not my first language, apologies if something is misunderstood.:wacko

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back