Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

Has anyone done, or know of a site that has done, a comprehensive review of the major parts available from Shapeways at all. These different members offering the same part and I'm curious to know which is the better version.

thumbnail_IMG_9998.jpg there ye go 97 ! almost there !

It's amazing to think it's been almost 3 years since this first broke and sent everyone into a frenzy. And to think Australia still has over a year to go. We're only up to Issue 35.

Amazing to think it's been almost 2 yrs since we started collecting this, only 3 issues to go, can't wait! :D

So now that a bunch of us are getting close to finishing I wonder if they have anything new in store for us. I know they have a bunch of other kits but it definitely seems like the Star Wars crowd has given them a bunch o cash.. then what?? I'm sure the higher up people at DeAg want to keep the money flowing. They scrapped the R2-D2 but haven't really hinted at anything else. I love seeing all the epicness that people have been doing with this kit.

They have not scrapped R2D2, it's going ahead with those who subscribed to the earlier test expected to receive first issue in late Dec and public release in Jan.

Would love to see a DeAgo Star Destroyer. That would be brilliant.

The completed model may look great, but can you imagine hull plate after hull plate after hull plate ... hull plate after hull plate makes Mike a dull boy ...
But if they make it a partial cut-away model, then I think it would really fly off the shelves. I personally would really prefer a Slave 1 or X-Wing :p

So now that a bunch of us are getting close to finishing I wonder if they have anything new in store for us. I know they have a bunch of other kits but it definitely seems like the Star Wars crowd has given them a bunch o cash.. then what?? I'm sure the higher up people at DeAg want to keep the money flowing. They scrapped the R2-D2 but haven't really hinted at anything else. I love seeing all the epicness that people have been doing with this kit.

I'm sure that the next Star Wars vehicle kit from DeAgo will already have been chosen and will be well into the research and development stage. If I remember correctly, the R2 D2 test run was started at the same time that we were around the half way stage in the Falcon run. R2 has not been scrapped and will be the next run after the Falcon. I would expect to see the test run for the next vehicle kit around the half way mark in the R2 build.

I guess I misunderstood the R2-D2 thing. I was under the impression that it wasn't as well received as the millennium was. I remember taking the Survey shortly after that test run. And talks about some odd scale x-wing. It's in this thread somewhere just don't feel like looking for it.. lol
I guess I'm just hoping to get another ship because I've been enjoying this one so much.

I guess I misunderstood the R2-D2 thing. I was under the impression that it wasn't as well received as the millennium was. I remember taking the Survey shortly after that test run. And talks about some odd scale x-wing. It's in this thread somewhere just don't feel like looking for it.. lol
I guess I'm just hoping to get another ship because I've been enjoying this one so much.
I think the survey was unrelated to the production of R2-D2, it was probably related to what they will do after R2, maybe we'll find out next year.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back