Dragoncon 2016

Here is v3 of the badge design for 2016.

The main difference here is that instead of an avatar most of the badge is a full color image of the persons cosplay.

This version MatrixSpoon is based on feedback that you and inkblot gave me via Facebook.

I added a white border around the RPF logo, and put "craft your fandom" in white so it's readable. I left the RPF logo transparent to pay tribute to the RPF logo here on the site that shows the header image behind it.

Matrix let me know what you think bro.

I'm also looking into a better card stock for this year.

RPF DragonCon Meetup Badge 2016 v3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i do like the badge design. for mine though just have my avatar as i havent finished my costume yet but if you are going to go with the costume pic next year too. then i might have my costume pic on it but i really like having my avatar on the badge more.

Here we go:

I'm attending the meetup

Flights & hotel are reserved & confirmed.

Glad to hear that you got your flights and hotel reservations taken care of. I have added your name to the badge listing. Please check back closer to the event as we will be needing a confirmation from you as well as other information. We can't wait to meet you...

The countdown continues.....( I have personally had my first freak-out/meltdown panic moment at 100 days out- with 3 whole costumes still left to do, Half of my main costume to go,a shoulder-up lifecast, and all my prosthesis for Jool left) :wacko

Excited for the meetup- seeing familiar faces and meeting new ones :)

Here is v3 of the badge design for 2016.

The main difference here is that instead of an avatar most of the badge is a full color image of the persons cosplay.

This version @MatrixSpoon is based on feedback that you and @inkblot gave me via Facebook.

I added a white border around the RPF logo, and put "craft your fandom" in white so it's readable. I left the RPF logo transparent to pay tribute to the RPF logo here on the site that shows the header image behind it.

Matrix let me know what you think bro.

I'm also looking into a better card stock for this year.

View attachment 623394

I think that looks awesome!! Quick question on the Costume Pic.. Will you ask for a updated picture of the our costumes when you guys ask for "More Information" closer to Con?

I'm working on the Ram helmet from destiny. I got the pep done but it was super big. I'm going to do it in EVA foam for the sake of time.
Although I am a huge gamer, I never got to experience destiny. I don't own any consoles so I guess that would be why...lol But I did google that helmet and it looks beast!!! Any progress pictures?

Although I am a huge gamer, I never got to experience destiny. I don't own any consoles so I guess that would be why...lol But I did google that helmet and it looks beast!!! Any progress pictures?

Kinda sorta. I have the pep done, i'm going to use it at a later date for something. I just got the foam cut last night and need to go buy some contact cement to see how it turned out. The helmet reminds me of a russian tanker helmet with a Ram skull grafted onto it.

Reminder: This is the current and updated RPF Meet Name Listing for Name / Badges, if your name is NOT on this list you will NOT have an RPF Badge, to make sure you have a badge with your name you need to make sure you contact us and let us know, by saying "I'm attending the meet". Or send me a pm and tell me you need your name added to the list. The fist page list will be updated constantly up to Dragoncon. But if you join a few weeks prior to the con we will be having a cut off date, I will try and post that date on the main page as well as the updated forum closer to the event date. Usually in the past is about 3 weeks to a month before the event.

Updated badge list for Member's w/Avatar Attending RPF Meet List:

Cogai - Avatar
Demonsaxe - Avatar
dententen - Avatar

HelenaInvictus - Avatar

Helpfulnerd - Avatar

ichnob - Avatar
ItalianNinja86 - Avatar

JamesBryan - Avatar
joshspiderman23 - Avatar
JupiterThderbolt - Avatar

Matrixspoon - Avatar

max headroom - Avatar
Mowsel - Avatar
Narrator - Avatar

Parkersandquinn - Avatar
Rebel666
RockIt - Avatar
Scouser - Avatar
tiga - Avatar
Toolmakeer - Avatar

Last edited by a moderator:
So our first year we ended the forum at a total of 25 pages, last year we ended with a total of 33 pages for the group forum...this year I would love to top that...Come on people lets start talking about our costumes and start showing progress pictures...it' will help pump every one up and may help to avoid the crunch time we all hate, So very much...haha...

I'm freaking out. My Abe Lincoln custom is not even started. My agent smith is only half complete and my wife added another costume to her list that I'm gonna have to tweak before I can get on my stuff. Oh the fun, the fun, the fun or is that horror?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm freaking out. My Abe Lincoln custom is not even started. My agent smith is only half complete and my wife added another costume to her list that I'm gonna have to tweak before I can get on my stuff. Oh the fun, the fun, the fun or is that horror?

When you say your agent smith, is that agent Smith from the Matrix? I really don't know any other?...Well I didn't see your name on the listing...but I'm not sure if you know or not, but I'm attempting to host a big Matrix photoshoot at Dragoncon...

https://www.facebook.com/events/984848804930450/

Hey Spoon. Yeah agent smith from reloaded. I don't do Facebook so shoot me a pm about the photo shoot. That costume is only missing a few accessories. I'll for sure have that complete.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back