Dragoncon 2016

Hey folks just saying hello.

The last few months have been super busy, but I should be back on the forum again on a regular basis.

Hope everyone is well.

Can't wait to see you all!!!

What are you talking about being busy? It's not like you moved and you have a new job and all...

Hahaha...

I've got so many irons in the fire I not sure which costume I'm working on. Trying to get my wife to decide on hers. No matter what she's decides I'll spend most of my time on it and toss mine together last minute. I've been collecting the odd bits and pieces for a couple different ones. All depends on what I can get completed to a point that I'm happy with it. Broke a spring in my sewing machine and have not had time to take it in to be repaired. Typical!![emoji36]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got so many irons in the fire I not sure which costume I'm working on. Trying to get my wife to decide on hers. No matter what she's decides I'll spend most of my time on it and toss mine together last minute. I've been collecting the odd bits and pieces for a couple different ones. All depends on what I can get completed to a point that I'm happy with it. Broke a spring in my sewing machine and have not had time to take it in to be repaired. Typical!![emoji36]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That stinks about your spring, I lost my soeing pedal when I was trying to get costumes ready for the Star Wars premier, so I know the pain...

So I have been curious about what to expect with the meetup. Do we all just get around and chit chat? Do we have some games we can play?? :) I know one thing for certain.. I'm super excited about the meetup.

So I have been curious about what to expect with the meetup. Do we all just get around and chit chat? Do we have some games we can play?? :) I know one thing for certain.. I'm super excited about the meetup.

The 1st meet we all just meet up and talked about our builds and cons and such.

The 2nd meet, last year we meet up and talked about our costumes, cons, builds and so on. A few people came in costume, a few people brought some of there current work that they had been working on. We also had 2 professional photographers there as well taking group pics and solo pictures...

This year, Helpfulnerd and I were talking about doing the same thing as last year but maybe a little different. We will have to see, this was the first year I was unable to get a room at the Marriott. I will update the main page as we work out the details if we come up with anything new...But for the most part in general it's a meetup to socialize, it's not a panel like some people are thinking. It's a friendly gathering of prop, makeup, costume, scifi, etc enthusiasts...

The 1st meet we all just meet up and talked about our builds and cons and such.

The 2nd meet, last year we meet up and talked about our costumes, cons, builds and so on. A few people came in costume, a few people brought some of there current work that they had been working on. We also had 2 professional photographers there as well taking group pics and solo pictures...

This year, Helpfulnerd and I were talking about doing the same thing as last year but maybe a little different. We will have to see, this was the first year I was unable to get a room at the Marriott. I will update the main page as we work out the details if we come up with anything new...But for the most part in general it's a meetup to socialize, it's not a panel like some people are thinking. It's a friendly gathering of prop, makeup, costume, scifi, etc enthusiasts...

That sounds good. I didn't get a room at a host hotel, because I panicked when I had to leave for a little training and booked the first thing I could get my hands on. So I will be staying at the Ramada Capital Park.. I stayed there last year and it was fine.. Uber made it super easy.

That sounds good. I didn't get a room at a host hotel, because I panicked when I had to leave for a little training and booked the first thing I could get my hands on. So I will be staying at the Ramada Capital Park.. I stayed there last year and it was fine.. Uber made it super easy.

Yeah, I haven't gotten a hotel yet. I plan on booking on here shortly...If I can't stay close then I'm going to stay some where nice...

Yeah, I haven't gotten a hotel yet. I plan on booking on here shortly...If I can't stay close then I'm going to stay some where nice...

I feel you on that one. I really didn't mind where I stayed last year. The only downfall was having to leave the convention to get to our room. It wasn't that bad but I'm cosplaying this year so I will see how it goes.

I feel you on that one. I really didn't mind where I stayed last year. The only downfall was having to leave the convention to get to our room. It wasn't that bad but I'm cosplaying this year so I will see how it goes.

Yeah...My first year I stayed about 30 minutes away, though I spent a ton of time at the con...The last 2 years I stayed at the Marriott, and spent more time in my room hanging out with friends and less time at the con...So I'm hoping, staying far away will make me spend more time at the con like my first year...though it will make it really hard for my costumes...due to the fact I have a few costumes that I can over heat in even with wearing an ice suit...so we will see...though I will have a handler with me...so all should be ok...but like I said, we will see how things go...The main thing that sucks is that I'll have to pay for over priced drinks...

My participation partially depends on whether I can get my costume finished on time.At this time,everything is stagnant and a lot is also happening within the family,so no promises at this point.So sorry I don't have better news,since I would love to be present at a RPF meeting

My participation partially depends on whether I can get my costume finished on time.At this time,everything is stagnant and a lot is also happening within the family,so no promises at this point.So sorry I don't have better news,since I would love to be present at a RPF meeting

No worries...just keep us up to date and let us know if things change, we pretty much wait till about a month away from the event to start cutting off badge making...

Oops. Please add me to the list. I'll be coming back to the meet up again this year. I had a lot of fun!

I have added your name to the badge listing, like before please check back closer to the event as we will be needing a confirmation from you as well as other information. We can't wait to see you again...

Can I bring Non-RPF members to the meet? I will have have a total of 3 other people with me and we usually try to stay together. Just figured I would ask. :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back