The Marvel custom/redesign Thread

My own concept for Elektra's possible costume for Netflix's Daredevil.

View attachment 468030

This is how I envisioned her if she would appear in the series.

Added the logo because I one day dream of designing something for the MCU. For now, I'll just pretend lol.

Absolutely amazing design! I fell in love with the Daredevil series from the minute I watched the first episode. You definitely have the talent to design for the MCU.

I like that Elektra design. I like to go for a cinematic quality with my costumes too. Would anyone care to help me out in the design for my armored Green Goblin? I have my mask already done, but I can't land on a design for the armor. I want something like a Batman suit with light armor in the traditional purple/green color scheme. If the scale pattern could be hinted at and maybe some spiked boots to echo the pointed toed shoes. I am not good at conceptual sketching. I am not in a financial position to hire someone, but if having your design be brought to life is reward enough.. Here is the mask design
008.JPG
I haven't decided between see-through lenses like this or mirrored
lenses1.JPG
I like this shade of green, but I may go more muted. For the armor I am thinking more of a military olive green color and a very greyish muted purple.

I love this! I like that it's simple in concept but has some really awesome details going on. Don't flame me for this, but I think a lot of the latest movie costumes are just getting too over-designed. It's going to get to the point where the costumes are wearing the actors rather than the other way around. More and more and more simply for the sake of more and more and more is not a good design philosophy no matter what the medium.

Thanks! I struggled with that while drawing this, actually. I kept thinking "This seems like it needs more...things. The movie costumes have more things. But I've run out of things to add." But I agree, now that you point it out; the movie designs have just gotten kind of cluttered (and over-engineered - especially the Daredevil suit, from what I've heard. At least Cap's Ultron suit looks reasonably comfortable). It's a shame, really.

Absolutely amazing design! I fell in love with the Daredevil series from the minute I watched the first episode. You definitely have the talent to design for the MCU.
Thank you so much for the kind words!

Another redesign I did a while back :)

Did my own spin on Emma Frost's New X-Men outfit, which is my favorite look for her. Used Rosamund Pike's face :)

Took inspiration from pieces from Alexander McQueen's collections.

emma_frost_01.jpg

emma_frost_01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much for the kind words!

Another redesign I did a while back :)

Did my own spin on Emma Frost's New X-Men outfit, which is my favorite look for her. Used Rosamund Pike's face :)

Took inspiration from pieces from Alexander McQueen's collections.

View attachment 471194

That design looks amazing too! Seriously you should look into getting into design for the actual movies.

What do you guys think of this redesign. View attachment 471503View attachment 471504

Great redesign of Wonder Man, it has a clear MCU feel. I don't see a lot of builds for his character so that's cool too.

Last edited by a moderator:
A quick redesign for my favourite character in the whole marvel universe... As you can see from the helmet, it is greatly influenced by the 'X-men: First Class' suit.
Tried to test the borders between the classic comic-book design and the cinematic design.
Scan_Pic0021.png

A quick redesign for my favourite character in the whole marvel universe... As you can see from the helmet, it is greatly influenced by the 'X-men: First Class' suit.
Tried to test the borders between the classic comic-book design and the cinematic design.
View attachment 472437

Awesome design! I'm really looking forward to seeing this. Magneto is one of my favorite Marvel characters, and is my absolute favorite X-Men character.

First off; I love this thread!

I just read all the post, and love the idea of making your own character/costume design. Which is exactly what I did for one of my first costumes a few years ago. Since then I've made 3 different updates and resigns to the same suit. I made my own X-men character (Elextron), and included some deign ideas from other characters, but also I tried to make something that was different. It took some time to finally get an overall design that I was happy with, but now I'm wanting to give it that MCU look.

The hardest part has been trying to find a material with the right look and can still be worn with a form fitting suit. In this thread I've read about Cordura, and I'm doing some research on it, but I'm not sure where to buy, or what exactly to buy. I'm wanting to update this suit so that it looks like what you would expect to see the X-men wearing if they where part of the MCU, so I'm looking for something with texture that doesn't really look like spandex, but still has some stretch and breathability to it.
You can see some pictures of my current suit at the character's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Elextron.Of.Aerie
So, what do you guys think? I've seen a lot of x-men projects on here, any recommendations on the design and fabric options?

Here is a pic of the newest design. I've no Photoshop skills, so this was all done in paint.net
Elextron suit 4.0.
elextron4.0 (2).png

Edit:
Thanks to SMP Designs "how it was made" build logs, I now have a solid idea on how to use Cordura in my costume. I'll have to go back to the drawing board to map out some Curdura panel sections that will be join with spandex.

Last edited:
A small redesign i made 5 years ago. It features an 'Arabic Spiderman"

View attachment 477595

Awesome idea and awesome design.

First off; I love this thread!

I just read all the post, and love the idea of making your own character/costume design. Which is exactly what I did for one of my first costumes a few years ago. Since then I've made 3 different updates and resigns to the same suit. I made my own X-men character (Elextron), and included some deign ideas from other characters, but also I tried to make something that was different. It took some time to finally get an overall design that I was happy with, but now I'm wanting to give it that MCU look.

The hardest part has been trying to find a material with the right look and can still be worn with a form fitting suit. In this thread I've read about Cordura, and I'm doing some research on it, but I'm not sure where to buy, or what exactly to buy. I'm wanting to update this suit so that it looks like what you would expect to see the X-men wearing if they where part of the MCU, so I'm looking for something with texture that doesn't really look like spandex, but still has some stretch and breathability to it.
You can see some pictures of my current suit at the character's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Elextron.Of.Aerie
So, what do you guys think? I've seen a lot of x-men projects on here, any recommendations on the design and fabric options?

Here is a pic of the newest design. I've no Photoshop skills, so this was all done in paint.net
Elextron suit 4.0.
View attachment 477755

Edit:
Thanks to SMP Designs "how it was made" build logs, I now have a solid idea on how to use Cordura in my costume. I'll have to go back to the drawing board to map out some Curdura panel sections that will be join with spandex.

Thanks, I love your design too, and the fact that it is your own character is very cool. I have created a lot of super heroes, but not ones that fit into any already created established universes. I can't wait to see your finished suit.

So my life has been extremely busy the past few months, but I plan to start working on the Cap that I designed.

I've had a few ideas for costumes that I'll never get to do mainly because of time/money/talent. There was one inspired by The Wolverine costume seen in the alternate ending:

wolverine2_by_randomfilmsonline-d711rz1.jpg

Which I then used to make as the basis for an MCU X-Men design:
x_men_poster___lcs_background_by_randomfilmsonline-d8qn36i.jpg

I also recently made a concept for the MCU Wasp in case she doesn't make an appearance in Ant-Man:
wasp_by_randomfilmsonline-d8wdjjq.jpg
Unmasked version

I've had a few ideas for costumes that I'll never get to do mainly because of time/money/talent. There was one inspired by The Wolverine costume seen in the alternate ending:

View attachment 490354

Which I then used to make as the basis for an MCU X-Men design:
View attachment 490355

I also recently made a concept for the MCU Wasp in case she doesn't make an appearance in Ant-Man:
View attachment 490356
Unmasked version

These are really cool designs. I know what you mean about the money situation lol.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back