STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

I couldn't tell if I was seeing that or the fact that he was constantly rotating made it look that way. I wonder if they have an explanation for that or if they just erroneously made lasers shoot out of the ion cannon (top wing). I haven't watched the Rebel Recon so no idea if they mention that. Probably not because it's more of a nerd thing. [emoji38] I did notice they made the Y-Wing ion cannon fire red instead of blue like the games. I'm guessing they did that because the Hoth ion cannon fired reddish bolts. I think they were pale with a red outline, I can't remember.
I apologize in advance for sounding like a jerk, but the reasons are that the writers and animators aren't nerds and that "it looks cool". Is that what the PC people call microagressions.

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC

See, I'm fairy OK with removing the ion cannons from the Defender.

We've wondered for a long time: why didn't the Y-wings use their turret mounted ion canons to fend off the pursuing TIEs at the Death Star?

This episode answered that - they're slow firing anti-capital ship weapons. Great for medium sized cruisers, but way too slow to hit a fighter - especially a TIE. The only reason Dutch was able to hit the Defender was because of Ezra's Force awareness & timing.

Later in Rogue One, we get the indication that a Y-wing's ion cannon isn't powerful enough to take on a Star Destroyer. They have to use ion torpedoes to knock out the more powerful ships. Or a large scale ion cannon, as is the case in ESB.

So ion cannons seem out of place on an anti-starfighter TIE that is intended to even the odds with the Rebels' fighters. We don't know if it carries missiles/torpedoes, b/c firing them in the nebula was apparently a pretty bad idea. I just think it's cool that it's officially in-canon now, even if it's a little early in the timeline.

Ion cannons would still make sense on the Assault Gunboat, though.

so tomorrow is the big day for me... I am no sports fan, but tomorrow nights episode is equivalent to my super bowl. i sure hope we get to see ol' master and ol' ben face off... i have this gut feeling the trailer tease is just that a tease... and there wont be a show down... god i hope so, fingers crossed and the count down for me has begun!!

c'mon kenobi!!!

images

Worst episode ever! :facepalmWhy is Wedge being voiced by a child? and that imperial dude looked like Michael Stevens from V Sauce.

No idea who that is even though people have been saying that on the SW Instagram photo. I figured he was made to look like Pablo Hidalgo, which would make more sense since he works for Lucasfilm.

youtube titles has yet spoiled me again... didnt watch the videos but accidentally read the title.... boy are we in for a surprise tomorrow!!!!

Well sometimes xfinity lets u watch the episode early. I just got back home from the hospital with dad (4am) sure enough the episode was listed

I'm not going to say anything but " I'm curious to see what everyone else thinks"

Catch u guys in a few hours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Halliwax thank you for letting me know you could watch early sometimes on demand. It showed and I was able to watch it and really liked it. It felt like an early screening. It was awesome as I really wanted to see this episode and would have had to wait till tonight.

That being said there is one question I have I will ask once all the episode has aired. Vaguely I will say it is a question of what exactly did I see or what was shown in the important moment.

Till then, that was really cool. Thanks Filoni and the creators.

Oh also liked the semi nod, well imho anyway to an iron eagle moment,

Saw the episode.

My thoughts.

Regarding...

The duel:
Although it would have been cool to see a "epic" duel, the actual duel was probably more fitting and poetic. In wondering if fans would feel let down by this, I reflected on the fact that Disney did not really hype it at all. All hype seemed to come from the fans who were expecting more.

The tone:
The nature of the episode was very slow. I do understand the elements which allowed Ezra to be drawn in. Slow doesn't mean bad story, just slow. Liked seeing the dewback

The arc:
This episode concludes the Maul arc. I know a lot of fans just think Maul was just a rating ploy for CW but his inclusion help develop and drive a lot of interesting stories. I was never a big fan of Maul but his character deserved more than the limited interaction we had with him in The Phantom Menace

Obi Wan:
Great seeing him and I thought he was well done too. Things like Rogue One and these episodes answer a lot of questions fans have about Obi Wan and who knew what. The question I have is what does Ezra tell the others. At the end of the episode, Ezra never says anything about Obi Wan but simply that Maul is no longer a problem. He does not confirm that Obi Wan was on Tatooine or that he was alive. I have to believe that at this point Obi Wan 's existence is only truly known by Ezra, Bail, and Mothma.

Sex scene:
Who read this spoiler without seeing the episode? But thought... WTF? A sex scene? I gotta read this. :p

I hope that they make a new cartoon series set after the OT,.....possibly bringing back from the dead,.... Vader, Boba Fett & Jabba,....maybe even Tarkin,...he must have survived the Death Star explosion,....even old Palps could return,....& do it in long drawn out story arcs

I'm joking of course

Leave out the long story arcs

J

Saw the episode.

My thoughts.

Regarding...

The duel:
Although it would have been cool to see a "epic" duel, the actual duel was probably more fitting and poetic. In wondering if fans would feel let down by this, I reflected on the fact that Disney did not really hype it at all. All hype seemed to come from the fans who were expecting more.

The tone:
The nature of the episode was very slow. I do understand the elements which allowed Ezra to be drawn in. Slow doesn't mean bad story, just slow. Liked seeing the dewback

The arc:
This episode concludes the Maul arc. I know a lot of fans just think Maul was just a rating ploy for CW but his inclusion help develop and drive a lot of interesting stories. I was never a big fan of Maul but his character deserved more than the limited interaction we had with him in The Phantom Menace

Obi Wan:
Great seeing him and I thought he was well done too. Things like Rogue One and these episodes answer a lot of questions fans have about Obi Wan and who knew what. The question I have is what does Ezra tell the others. At the end of the episode, Ezra never says anything about Obi Wan but simply that Maul is no longer a problem. He does not confirm that Obi Wan was on Tatooine or that he was alive. I have to believe that at this point Obi Wan 's existence is only truly known by Ezra, Bail, and Mothma.

Sex scene:
Who read this spoiler without seeing the episode? But thought... WTF? A sex scene? I gotta read this. :p

i laughed so hard at the sex scene, dude you got me good on that one! LMAO!! :lol

im going to wait until late tonight to express how i feel. i dont want to ruin anything for anyone here, sometimes i dont think before i post.. i have watched the episode 4 times now, i have a theory about maul...

Halliwax thank you for letting me know you could watch early sometimes on demand. It showed and I was able to watch it and really liked it. It felt like an early screening. It was awesome as I really wanted to see this episode and would have had to wait till tonight.

That being said there is one question I have I will ask once all the episode has aired. Vaguely I will say it is a question of what exactly did I see or what was shown in the important moment.

Till then, that was really cool. Thanks Filoni and the creators.

Oh also liked the semi nod, well imho anyway to an iron eagle moment,

your very welcome, but i cant take the credit for it. MJF told me if i had the iPad app you can sometimes watch it early. i dont have a iPad so i tried the next best thing. this early bird trick has worked pretty good with rebels, and walking dead. but last weeks episodes (both rebels and walking dead) wouldnt load... i was wondering if they caught on to me. i was surprised when i clicked on it and it said "watch"

i rather watch it early then watch it later tonight on the DVR. sometimes when i record the show the DVR will only record up to the first commercial and stop... i dont think its anything im doing wrong and just a glitch in xfinity.... it happens a lot to me... knowing i couldnt miss this episode, and how hyped i was for it i watched it

i cant wait for the rebels recon!

MJF can i bother you again? remember i haunted you for a screen cap of the dark saber? in tonights episode we get a good shot of Ezras saber in direct sun light. scene location in spoiler

i think its the first time they walk off into the desert, (him and chopper) you can see the saber hanging from his belt, ezra's back is facing us. the saber has much more weathering that i thought

by any chance if anyone could screen cap it i would appreciate it, i am going the ghetto version right now and taking pictures of my tv screen :facepalm

MJF can i bother you again? remember i haunted you for a screen cap of the dark saber? in tonights episode we get a good shot of Ezras saber in direct sun light.
by any chance if anyone could screen cap it i would appreciate it, i am going the ghetto version right now and taking pictures of my tv screen :facepalm

Screen Shot 2017-03-18 at 2.43.50 PM.png

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back