So how many times have you bought Star Wars?

I think I'm in the minority here with a whopping 0. My brother bought the original trilogy on VHS then mom bought the prequel trilogy.

Lets see...

OT = once for the THX special edition versions in VHS
OT = once for the THX special edition version in widescreen VHS
OT = once for the DVD versions ( still obviously "SE" )
OT = once for DVD bootleg rips off of the laserdisc versions non-"SE"
PT = once for TPM VHS
PT = once for AOTC DVD
PT = once for ROTS DVD

TFA = once Blu-ray
RO = pending

Until there is a really, really GOOD reason to buy the OT again, I'm done. PT .....never....and new released movies, surely.

All tolled...let's see....

OT:

Twice on VHS. -- once the "three faces" THX edition, once as the Widescreen special editions.
Once on DVD -- 2006 release with LD rips.
*Once on DVD as LD rips only (from ebay) back in, oh, 2001, I think.

PT:

TPM -- once on VHS, and once on DVD
All others once on DVD.

As for how many times I've watched them...actually, the most watched stuff was the VHS copies I had. Everything else is in the post-SE era which I find less appealing.

I might have watched the PT once or twice on DVD, but that's it. And I think once was just to hear commentary.

Let's see:

VHS three-pack (From around 1993?). I wanted the 1995 cleaned-up VHS set, but figured that the Special Editions would come out soon, so there'd be no need.
VHS Special Edition (WS)
The Phantom Menace (WS)
The Phantom Menace (DVD)
Attack of the Clones (DVD)
Star Wars (DVD) - I was happy that in this edition they got rid of Luke's yell when he falls down the chasm in Cloud City. That annoyed me when I saw it in the Special Edition theatrical release. Also,(in my Tommy Wiseau voice) "Oh, hi, Hayden!"
Revenge of the Sith (DVD)
Star Wars (DVD) - I was happy to see they released the original theatrical release, and watch those instead of the Special Editions.
The Force Awakens (VUDU digital download)

So far, that's it. I'm tempted to find a Fox-released Blu-Ray set because not hearing the 20th Century Fox fanfare before a Star Wars movie that isn't from Disney doesn't sit well with me.

six!!!

(Not counting PT)
whoops, it's 9!!

1. VHS (used rental pan-and-scan)
2. VHS (letterboxed)
3. & 4. laserdisc (Definitive Collection box set, bought a second as a backup when I saw one cheap)
5. laserdisc (letterboxed)
6. laserdisc (older pan-and-scan release)
7. laserdisc (Special Editions box set)
8. DVD
8.1 the other DVD set with the "bonus" OT (but did not buy this myself)
9. Blu-ray

(pics not mine)

Attachments

• TCSBluRayBox.jpg
    TCSBluRayBox.jpg
    390.9 KB · Views: 32
  • star-wars-box-set-blu-ray.jpg
    star-wars-box-set-blu-ray.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 37
  • s-l1000.jpg
    s-l1000.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Original-1.jpg
    Original-1.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Laserdisclogo.jpg
    Laserdisclogo.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 34
  • ColBox-spread.jpg
    ColBox-spread.jpg
    341.9 KB · Views: 35
  • $_35.jpg
    $_35.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 00897.jpg
    00897.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 33
Only once, actually. I usually always gifted them. I received the '97 SE from my aunt when I was a child. And then got the 06 OOT from my other aunt when that came out. I still have TPM and AotC on VHS. The only PT film I have on DVD is RotS. The only one I ever bought was the Target pack of TFA.

Well, the first half of my list were "the family" copies, or bought as presents for me (definitive ld). My first purchase with my own $ was the SE VHS set in 97, when I had my own place & an 18" tv.

What if we did a thread on "How much Star Wars merchandise have you bought?" Can you imagine having to try to count that?!

Or better yet--"How much money have you spent on Star Wars?" If someone were to hand me a receipt and said "this is how much money you have spent on Star Wars in your life" I would probably have to hang my head in shame. Just think, just from the people on this board, we could probably settle the national debt with that figure!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back