Harry Potter hogwarts Great hall fireplace

oysteinhole

Working on a Hogwarts Great hall fireplace for my cabin ...the fireplace has a negative angle but my roof on the cabin has a positive ..but that is what i have to work with

startet with some 12mm plywood an an base , and covered it with Tile glue that is mixed from powder with water :) made it so it looks like stones with a brusk and some clay tools
i used plaster pigments to get the stonelook and some realistic look to it

for the crest i used the 4 from Noble collection that i just sprayed with hairspray and sprinkled tile glue powder on ...when it dries you get a really good stone/ concrete look to it

for the big Hogwarts crest i had some help from a wood carver to make it 55 x 60 cm x 4

i dont want to use the original due to quality and weight so i will make a mold from it and cast it in hard resin 120 style with a foamcore , the make it look like stone

here are some picture of the progress

FP11.jpg FP12.jpg FP13.jpg FP14.jpg

FP7.jpg FP5.jpg FP4.jpg FP6.jpg

fire place 1.jpg FP2.jpg FP3.jpg FP10.jpg

the cabin has 5 of these triangular roof parts and i has a different theme for each Harry potter and LOTR

for the next roof section i am working on a Hogs head bar ish theme and a 9 3/4 station wall ...next Knockturn alley

HP2.jpg HP3.jpg

Last edited:
Amazing stuff, spotted your sale thread, unfortunately I can't justify the expense at the moment otherwise I'd love one, any plans on making the house crests available in the future? ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is MAGNIFICENT! What a wonderful project. How long have you been working on this?
Your cabin must be a truly magical place. Wow!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is MAGNIFICENT! What a wonderful project. How long have you been working on this?
Your cabin must be a truly magical place. Wow!

The cabin is an continuesly ongoing project ...had it for 2-3 years ;) the fireplace took me a couple of weeks

Thanks ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
That is awesome dude. Might have to eventually "Potter-ise" my garage/family room I think...

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back