Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

But we don't know for sure who Rey's parents are do we? I think I am also in the camp that she has to be Luke's daughter. But why don't Han or Leia seem to know her? We don't know how long Luke has been missing, plus, Leia said that she sent Ben away (surely to train with Luke). Perhaps Luke was doing all this training far away. We don't even know if Han and Leia had seen Luke for who-knows-how-long before Ben turns evil. Maybe Luke had a daughter in that time and when it all went wrong, that's when he leaves Rey on Jakku.

But that still doesn't fly. Why would he leave her alone on a desert planet to grow up a scavenger? So maybe not.

There's no way she could be a Kenobi. Obi Wan passed on to the Force over thirty years ago. Rey is not that old. Unless...Oh God, I hope they don't make her another one of those Force babies.

I can't see Luke knowingly placing his daughter on a planet by herself. The only way that is true is if someone survived Kylo's attack and took her there to keep her safe until they found Luke. Assuming she was there.

is the no nookie rule cannon? was it ever? we know jedi aren't allowed to "love" but many people hook up, have one night stands etc etc, and they aren't in love. doesnt this mean jedi's can get their rocks off once and while as long as they dont take the relationship any further?

I think Lucas or someone official has said the Jedi just ban attachments. So you can get all you want, it's just a love em and leave em policy. Well you can love em on many occasions, but don't have any feelings on the matter. :lol

Then if you follow that you have to wonder what responsibility the Jedi take for a bunch of babies born to women and Jedi who weren't wearing protection? Some of them have to turn out Force sensitive.

I think Lucas or someone official has said the Jedi just ban attachments. So you can get all you want, it's just a love em and leave em policy. Well you can love em on many occasions, but don't have any feelings on the matter. :lol

Then if you follow that you have to wonder what responsibility the Jedi take for a bunch of babies born to women and Jedi who weren't wearing protection? Some of them have to turn out Force sensitive.

im pretty sure your right, because i have heard the same thing and always found it odd that someone official would state such a thing. gave me a different look on the jedi as well... makes you really think where the "jedi mind trick" originated from...

So in the past, there were jedi fathers that were just dead beat Dads.
Yep! Maybe there were a few who continued being Jedi ONLY to have an excuse to ditch that child because they wanted nothing to do with it. Then later in life that baby became a Jedi and it was just the same vicious cycle from there[emoji47]

So where would the sith fall under the no attachment category? Surely they don't follow the jedi rules about this. I'm can see Palpatine banging a bunch of chicks and kicking them to the curb.

They're much better about it than the Jedi are, if you ask me. Although we never see all that much of the Sith and how they go about their daily business, as it were, what little we have seen shows that they form no bonds of affection what so ever, they don't fall in love, don't have secret marriages, they don't even really care about their apprentices. The Jedi, on the other, form friendships all the time both with other Jedi and non-Jedi, we've seen 2 fall in love, 1 secret marriage, and they seem to care a great deal about their Padawans; so what's this about no relationships or attachments?

They're much better about it than the Jedi are, if you ask me. Although we never see all that much of the Sith and how they go about their daily business, as it were, what little we have seen shows that they form no bonds of affection what so ever, they don't fall in love, don't have secret marriages, they don't even really care about their apprentices. The Jedi, on the other, form friendships all the time both with other Jedi and non-Jedi, we've seen 2 fall in love, 1 secret marriage, and they seem to care a great deal about their Padawans; so what's this about no relationships or attachments?

Except for Maul and Savage, but technically they weren't sith

im pretty sure your right, because i have heard the same thing and always found it odd that someone official would state such a thing. gave me a different look on the jedi as well... makes you really think where the "jedi mind trick" originated from...

"Do you have protection?"
"Baby, I have the Force."
Next morning...
*waves hand* "I was huge. I was the best you ever had."

TLJ trailer/teaser coming on February 23? Confidential Music - who provided music for both TFA and Rogue One trailers has a countdown posted on their website until their "next release." Could be anything - but there's speculation it could be Star Wars.

TLJ trailer/teaser coming on February 23? Confidential Music - who provided music for both TFA and Rogue One trailers has a countdown posted on their website until their "next release." Could be anything - but there's speculation it could be Star Wars.
Anything special happening that day?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Damn, I was hoping for a surprise Super Bowl trailer. Oh well, at least we're finally getting one....if that's what it is.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back