Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

P.s. Dedalus5550 , check out the deagostini website ( Model Space Forum ) . Members - subscribers to this build have had their comments/questions/remarks/posts ' removed ' . Hmmm! ... why?

Last edited by a moderator:
P.s. @Dedalus5550 , check out the deagostini website ( Model Space Forum ) . Members - subscribers to this build have had their comments/questions/remarks/posts ' removed ' . Hmmm! ... why?
Because it is their site and they are free to run it any way they want. The first person to duplicate all the missing parts in 3d and sell it as a pack will make some pretty good $$$.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the distribution companies in Australia that are best at distributing model kits where the target audience is studio scale modelers and modelers with such high standards they want to reach studio scale level? I can't think of a single one in the U.S. Which was my point in saying Bissett may not be too good at doing that, but better at the basic idea of distribution or better at bidding on the contract. Is there a direct e-mail or phone number. I guess I thought that might be found on the official website or official forum, which is what I meant. I could, of course, see them deleting unsavory posts from their own website, though.

Because it is their site and they are free to run it any way they want. The first person to duplicate all the missing parts in 3d and sell it as a pack will make some pretty good $$$.

There are 5 parts already available on shapeways

I've read this thread with much interest about Deagostinis customer care.
As a British subscriber my dealings with them have been awful. Ive been outright lied to on the phone, I'm still awaiting an issue from last February.
Congratulations to those who seem to have had a good experience with them. But personally they would have to release something that I couldn't live without, for me to even consider another subscription. And even then I would have to think long and hard about it.
I've just subscribed to Eaglemoss for the DeLorean, let's see if they can do any better

I had quite a few issues fail to get delivered early on due to an error with the address that Deagsostini used. This happened for quite a few months, but each time the customer service reps I dealt with were very courteous and easy to deal with and each time they resent the package that had failed delivery. Then when new subscribers were offered $1 dollar shipping a few months into my subscription, they agreed to apply the same offer to my account. I've read of some peoples bad experiences with them, but I had pretty good dealings with them and would sign up for a new subscription if they were to offer something really cool, like a Star Destroyer, AT AT or Tantive. The R2? Not so much..

cheers

I've read this thread with much interest about Deagostinis customer care.
As a British subscriber my dealings with them have been awful. Ive been outright lied to on the phone, I'm still awaiting an issue from last February.
Congratulations to those who seem to have had a good experience with them. But personally they would have to release something that I couldn't live without, for me to even consider another subscription. And even then I would have to think long and hard about it.
I've just subscribed to Eaglemoss for the DeLorean, let's see if they can do any better

Just FYI, Eaglemoss and Deagostini are the same company: in some territories, the Falcon is being sold under the Eaglemoss name.

My experience as a US subscriber went very well.

I'm at 24/25 shipments. In that time I had one month that was delayed a couple weeks.

I had an issue that had a bent frame piece, and an issue with a missing gunner station sticker (that I probably won't even use). Upon contacting DeAgostini, I had replacements within a week of each, respectively.

I also had two instances where I screwed up and needed some replacement parts. I contacted DeAgostini to inquire how I could purchase individual issues. They said there was no way to buy them, but they would send them to me. Again, replacements within a week.

So, my subscriber experience went well.

Something I am having issue with is the 'moderation' going on at the DeAgostini's UK Falcon forum.

Any comments or questions that shine an unfavorable light on DeAgostini or the kit are blatantly removed with no comment/response from DeAgostini as to why, beyond the obvious.

I don't think DeAgostini had any idea how critically the kit would be scrutinized. Various accuracy issues have come up. Some minor, some not, with the most recent being the missing greeblies.

Unfortunately, I don't see DeAgostini correcting the issue. But, they should just say so and be done with it. Don't just censor and ignore those who respectively ask a question and are awaiting a response, good or bad.

I feel being ignored is what incites the more disrespecting comments.

Like I tell my girlfriend... "communication. communication. communication". Goes a long way and solves a lot.

Everything Rahn420 said! :thumbsup

Shifting gears a little. I attached my mandibles and upper and lower saucer sections last night and found that I really had to stretch my cockpit lighting wire to reach the board. I did double check that I was attaching to correct port and that the wire was not caught on anything. Did anyone else have this issue? I'm kind of concerned about the stress it is applying to the wire and connection. It's snug, but not bending any of the connections or anything. I guess I can always get an extension for the wire, does anyone know if that is something I can buy at a local electronics store and if so what is it called?

I guess I could always splice the wire, but would prefer not to.

Everything Rahn420 said! :thumbsup

Shifting gears a little. I attached my mandibles and upper and lower saucer sections last night and found that I really had to stretch my cockpit lighting wire to reach the board. I did double check that I was attaching to correct port and that the wire was not caught on anything. Did anyone else have this issue? I'm kind of concerned about the stress it is applying to the wire and connection. It's snug, but not bending any of the connections or anything. I guess I can always get an extension for the wire, does anyone know if that is something I can buy at a local electronics store and if so what is it called?

I guess I could always splice the wire, but would prefer not to.

In case the wire was cut incorrectly affecting the length, it would help if you measured the wire. Many people, like me, are holding off on building, but people can always measure the wire and give feedback. Just a thought.
Mike Todd

I'm just disappointed with DeAgo as I've been waiting since Sept. for Month 3 and to this day, nobody knows when they'll be coming in. And I spoke to customer service last week. Very disappointing.

Has anyone ever seen this action happen to 3D printed parts?
20170105_181323.jpg

It was primed with a black automotive primer about a year ago and now it has this weird sparkly oxidization thing going on. Mostly on the inside. Does anyone know what causes this? Thanks.

Has anyone ever seen this action happen to 3D printed parts?
View attachment 695966

It was primed with a black automotive primer about a year ago and now it has this weird sparkly oxidization thing going on. Mostly on the inside. Does anyone know what causes this? Thanks.
Maybe something in the primer reacts with the material used in this print?
I have some parts printed a few years back primed with Tamiya primer. Nothing has happened with them so far.

Maybe something in the primer reacts with the material used in this print?
I have some parts printed a few years back primed with Tamiya primer. Nothing has happened with them so far.
That is the only thing I can think of also.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back