Luke's Droid caller top question

Tom1971

Sr Member
I always thought, despite any good pics, it was believed Luke's Droid Caller had the dome top with a hole in it.

In the below pic it looks like he has the small insert piece that comes with a lot of Kobolds instead.?????

a4ed116d35f27a8cdbc267e699571223db14ae2d.jpg

This one looks like it has a dome. This promo shot maybe from afterward as the saber has the clamp lever on the wrong side.

graflex_img_20A.jpg

Could they have had a quickly put together one for the location shots in Tunisia? Refined it better for the shots in studio, & then a hodgepodge miss match one for pickup shots in Death Valley?

Considering what "mess" they did with all the saber versions I think they had some droid callers in a box and on the set: "Hey the droid caller is missing on your belt. Go to the droid caller box and take one." :lol
Sounds like something that could happened back than. We only have such problems with different versions because of the internet. Without nobody would compare every picture that is out there.
For example: I haven't seen a picture with a hole in the dome yet :wacko

Thank you for the great pics with the dome. I had not seen these and had searched all over.

- - - Updated - - -

Considering what "mess" they did with all the saber versions I think they had some droid callers in a box and on the set: "Hey the droid caller is missing on your belt. Go to the droid caller box and take one." :lol
Sounds like something that could happened back than. We only have such problems with different versions because of the internet. Without nobody would compare every picture that is out there.
For example: I haven't seen a picture with a hole in the dome yet :wacko

I think you are tight.

- - - Updated - - -

Ive seen it all three ways. Im a dome topped guy myself. Wait, that sounds kinds weird....

Yes,...it really does.:lol

- - - Updated - - -

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/Luke ANH Droidcaller-01_zps3a6f5rdy.jpg

Seems a dome has been attached in this vintage picture :wacko

Chaim

For some reason I thought there were no good pics of him with the dome one. :wacko

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back