EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR!!!!

No, you are not alone in this. I want it as the Empire meant it to be as well. I understand the screen accurate desire, and the idealized version should be as close as possible to that, but mistakes or errors in creating the original armor does not mean it was intended to be made that way. It just happened in the rush to get it made.

Thank you for sharing! It's good to know that I am not completely alone here :)

Well the whole idea of the legend line is to capture that detail.At what point do you stop sanitizing the armor until it looks nothing like the original and is just another Rubies or Don Post etc.A large group of us have waited decades for liscenced stuff of this calibre.Personally I don't see the point of casting the original to begin with if your not going to retail ALL details. I'm not trying to be nasty in any way either :)

Ben

Dude, I understand that the majority wants 100% screen accuracy, and I don't blame them. I am a bit torn myself on this matter and not really sure what I truly want. I know full and well that the props used on screen are not symmetrical, I do not want to go so far as to change the proportions of the helmet like a certain Andrew Ainsworth did with his helmets. If I assume that the pictures posted by Gino on the first page will be anything like the final product, then I will be over the moon! I mean, it looks amazing! If I look at the RSprops helmet, I think that everything but the scalp(it almost resembles the texture of canvas) on the helmet looks just the way I want it. I've only seen pictures and videos of it but that is my opinion. And i just want to get this out there, the Don Post helmet is nothing like the helmet i desire... Everything is smoothed out and...wrong...

Hope I don't tick people of by saying theses things.... Over and out ;)

Last edited:
Believe it or not the huge majority of our our customers would prefer a more idealized product.
The Legend line is an attempt to give collectors a collectible that is a real prop replica.
Any time a compromise is made in terms of accuracy, it is always due to production constraints or durability/longevity concerns.
I'll always push super hard to keep things as prop accurate as possible while weighing all the factors of practicality and good business sense.
It is quite a delicate balance.

Believe it or not the huge majority of our our customers would prefer a more idealized product.
The Legend line is an attempt to give collectors a collectible that is a real prop replica.
Any time a compromise is made in terms of accuracy, it is always due to production constraints or durability/longevity concerns.
I'll always push super hard to keep things as prop accurate as possible while weighing all the factors of practicality and good business sense.

This makes sense. :thumbsup

Thats why a lot of people prefer the EFX Plastic-Trooper-Helmet.;-)
But ok...it looks better with a FX armor...no bubblehead like the originalhelmet!:)

Any progress or pre-order date for the ESB Boba Fett helmet?

I'm anxious for news about both the Stormtrooper and the ESB Boba helmet. Any chance we'll be finding out something soon or do we have to wait until SDCC in July?

Any details on the Stormtrooper, Gino? I know it was in display at SDCC again this year, but I haven't heard a word about price or availability. I'd really like to know if it's still going to be made and if it might be available in the next year. Thanks.

Everything is still moving forward. Just some faster than others.

You're killing me, man. I wish there were more details about price and potential time frame available. I'd also love to know if that mannequin is able to stand on its' own or if it needs support and whether or not it will come with a weapon. Hope you have some news to share soon.

Will eFx be able to offer Episode VII items in on or near the film's release date?

If so, will such use of resources devoted to those item affect production plans for OT items discussed in this thread?

Last edited:
Will eFx be able to offer Episode VII items in on or near the film's release date?

If so, will such use of resources devoted to those item affect production plans for OT items discussed in this thread?

I think the production of EPVII props is inevitable. They would be crazy not to take advantage of that. Whether it affects current production I don't have a guess on that one but I hope not. I'm hoping EPVII breaks my tradition of only collecting OT props. :)

Ben

I really hope they're able to get some of the stuff that's been in development for years done before they shift focus to Episode VII.

I'm still in San Fran at the moment but coming home tomorrow night. Give me a day or two to settle in and I'll make some posts.

Im going to check back every hour now. Oh who am I kidding every 10 minutes. :lol

Ben

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back