The Video Game Thread - anything and everything...

All I know is that I have been reinvigorated to play games again. Even though I turn 40 in 4 days... :(

I have the same problem in May. :lol Not only that, but just for the universe to rub it in, I get to renew my driver's license...

This probably should go in the other thread, but I wish they would stop the quick time events. I've been playing Dying Light and finally got to the bad guy at the end, really wanting to fight this dude, and it's a quick time thing. On top of that the button mashing is pretty fast so you get to do it over and over until you remember the exact order.

All I know is that I have been reinvigorated to play games again. Even though I turn 40 in 4 days... :(

All it took was a ps4pro and an OLED TV. LOL!

Dear lord the games that are in 2160p 4K HDR are jaw dropping to look at... the last tomb raider and uncharted look shockingly different than they did on PS4 and my late model1080p Samsung plasma (I loved that TV)

My buddy brought over the Nintendo switch and I couldn't believe how awesome it looked... all the people dissing it's power and resolution are dumb. For what they are doing it is a really nice piece of tech that feels very solid in portable mode and again, looks amazing on a 2160p 4K HDR OLED. Like a truly controllable cartoon!

I really enjoyed Zelda. And eventually will pick it up.

Fixed ;)

The Switch does 720p so it is definitely not that bad. Quite a few games were rendered in under 720p even on the Xbox 360(which claimed all games would at least be 720p). Heck even Xbox Turd renders some games un sub-HD resolutions :facepalm

I recently upgraded to the PS4 pro and even on a regular 1080p you notice a difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we really need 46 minutes of end credits? Seriously the credits for Zero Dawn where nearly an hour long because they tacked on people who did localization in europe and asia, can't we save those for their versions? We don't need to see those credits anymore than they need to see the credits for the US localization. Also what happened to putting out strategy guides to go with the game launch? The Zero Dawn guide got pushed back again to a full month after the game launched, everyone's beaten it by now and used the free online guides that folks made since the official wasn't out.

Feeling a bit overwhelmed by Mass Effect Andromeda? How about something with a little more talent?

itsfullthrottle_zpsq96wjgfo.jpg

Attachments

• itsfullthrottle_zpsq96wjgfo.jpg
    itsfullthrottle_zpsq96wjgfo.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 50
Last edited by a moderator:
Is it me or does the guy with the long beard look like Jeff Bridges? I wish companies would use trophies as a way to see what stuff people like to do and don't, everyone's only complaint about Zero Dawn is the obnoxious trial missions you have to do to the point that nobody is going after those trophies. I gave up at 88 percent done, only 3 trophies left. On a side note i finally got to the end of xcom 2, hopefully this last mission doesn't drive me nuts like the rest of the game.

Feeling a bit overwhelmed by Mass Effect Andromeda? How about something with a little more talent?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMtlwZs8vJo

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x436/lordJeyl/itsfullthrottle_zpsq96wjgfo.jpg

Also up for pre-order now on PSN. Looking forward to trying it. My early PC gaming days were very limited so I missed out on a lot of classics that I have thankfully been able to pick up again with the remasters. I think the next game in the Maniac Mansion series, Thimbleweed Park is also due out March 30th. EDIT: Yep, listed on the Steam Store now, although you can't pre-order yet.

Last edited:
I can't wait for Full Throttle! At least someone over there at LucasArts (is LucasArt still a company?) has some sense. Now if we can just get sequels to Dark Forces, Republic Commando, X-Wing/TIE Fighter, and Empire at War we'll be cool.

Didn't someone on here work on Fallout 4? My nephew was replaying New Vegas the other day and was complaining that F4 didn't show what weapons you have equipped. I told him it was probably on a list of things they wanted to do and something more important had to be done so it probably got scrapped. I said that you also can't carry 20+ weapons either. :)

I remember my friend had the Full throttle demo and I watched him play a little bit. That had to be over 20 years ago by now.

Also, I'm planning on getting a PS4 slim when my tax return gets in (government sure takes its time on that)
From my understanding, I can add my PS3 account onto the PS4, so trophies and such show up on that as well. So then if I get trophies on the PS4 then go back onto the PS3, I'll see them there as well....right? Switching back and forth shouldn't mess anything up I'm hoping.

I remember my friend had the Full throttle demo and I watched him play a little bit. That had to be over 20 years ago by now.

Also, I'm planning on getting a PS4 slim when my tax return gets in (government sure takes its time on that)
From my understanding, I can add my PS3 account onto the PS4, so trophies and such show up on that as well. So then if I get trophies on the PS4 then go back onto the PS3, I'll see them there as well....right? Switching back and forth shouldn't mess anything up I'm hoping.

Yes, your PSN account is an independent entity which you register to any Sony platforms you own. So yes, your PS3 and PS4 will use the same account without any problems.

This last mission of Xcom 2 really drags on. I am glad to see that this alien base looks a bit more like the 90s one where you go from metal corridors to rooms with weird plants and operating tables.

I can't wait for Full Throttle! At least someone over there at LucasArts (is LucasArt still a company?) has some sense. Now if we can just get sequels to Dark Forces, Republic Commando, X-Wing/TIE Fighter, and Empire at War we'll be cool.

It is with great sadness that I must inform you that LucasArts has sadly been dismantled and buried. Double Fine, the studio lead by Full Throttle's director Tim Schaffer is handling the remastered work. Only titles that he has directly worked on will be remastered, so don't expect a "The Dig" remastered since Tim had nothing to do with that game.

Sadly that's also why we won't get a remaster of Maniac Mansion, aside from the copy of the original he hid in Day of The Tentacle, and I'm not sure Lucas is going to offer up the rights to much else. Sam and Max and Monkey Island seem to have gone to Telltale but given how they are always behind schedule and never make sequels to money making projects I doubt we're going to see much.

Is it me or does the guy with the long beard look like Jeff Bridges? I wish companies would use trophies as a way to see what stuff people like to do and don't, everyone's only complaint about Zero Dawn is the obnoxious trial missions you have to do to the point that nobody is going after those trophies. I gave up at 88 percent done, only 3 trophies left. On a side note i finally got to the end of xcom 2, hopefully this last mission doesn't drive me nuts like the rest of the game.
I hate to admit it...but I had to cheat in order to beat Xcom 2. I know I know, Im not proud of it, but it was so GD frustrating and I knew it was the last mission, but I did it so many freaking times and I couldnt do it. So I cheated. And I didnt even feel bad. Stupid game was SO ridiculous at the end.

I managed to do it on easy just to get it over with, the game is so annoying i didn't even bother finishing the DLC before uninstalling it. It was a huge disappointment compared to the other xcom games they did. I hope the fact that half the cheats for the game were disabling the stupid doomsday counter gets their attention. Now I'm torturing myself by starting Last of us on the ps4. I love the game but my god that prologue hits like a ton of bricks. I can pretty much breeze thru it though as i don't think i have the dlc for it on the ps4 and i'm not big on the trophies they have set up. That means I'll have beaten 3 games this week.

I know what thing if they announced preorders for last of us 2 or zero dawn 2 i'd be sign up for both right now.

Do any of you guys play Minecraft? My son is obsessed with it on his iPad and I'm working on building a starter gaming PC with it on there as a B-Day surprise.

I bought the Win10 edition as I have seen consistent great reviews about the stability and performance, but i'm also hoping installing mods like the classic Java one is as easy?

I've been told about sites like Feed the Beast. I'm hoping the compatibility is there now for Win10 as it sounds like that's what Microsoft is really pushing as the main platform of the future for that game.

I guess I just want to make sure I bought into a good edition that has the flexibility of installing mods that the classic one does.

On a side note, I'm so frigging sick of hearing about Minecraft every day, hahaha!

I managed to do it on easy just to get it over with, the game is so annoying i didn't even bother finishing the DLC before uninstalling it. It was a huge disappointment compared to the other xcom games they did. I hope the fact that half the cheats for the game were disabling the stupid doomsday counter gets their attention. Now I'm torturing myself by starting Last of us on the ps4. I love the game but my god that prologue hits like a ton of bricks. I can pretty much breeze thru it though as i don't think i have the dlc for it on the ps4 and i'm not big on the trophies they have set up. That means I'll have beaten 3 games this week.

I know what thing if they announced preorders for last of us 2 or zero dawn 2 i'd be sign up for both right now.
I didnt do the DLC of the Last of us either, but man. I love that freaking game. Its so good.

side note, preordered my copy of full throttle! Thanks all for the info!

I hate to admit it...but I had to cheat in order to beat Xcom 2. I know I know, Im not proud of it, but it was so GD frustrating and I knew it was the last mission, but I did it so many freaking times and I couldnt do it. So I cheated. And I didnt even feel bad. Stupid game was SO ridiculous at the end.

I technically did also since I modded the clock thing to give you more time. If something is stupid I don't feel like it's a cheat when it's "fixed". :lol Also the first time I played the last XCOM I used the cheat hero units... Another example would be Dying Light having to constantly repair weapons. When was the last time your baseball bat needed repaired? So that got modded out.

Do any of you guys play Minecraft? My son is obsessed with it on his iPad and I'm working on building a starter gaming PC with it on there as a B-Day surprise.

On a side note, I'm so frigging sick of hearing about Minecraft every day, hahaha!

My nephew played that constantly for several years and now off and on. Right now it's all my 9yo niece will play. I've played it so much I have to beg them to play something else when they want me to play with them! :lol Get used to hearing about it all the time.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/mass-effect-andromedas-animations-will-be-fixed-but-not-at-launch Even diehard Mass Effect fans are sounding pretty underwhelmed, especially when the lazy ass company won't fix things for launch.

That's exactly what I figured and why I didn't buy it. If anything I'll wait until it's really discounted. Origin is really stingy with discounting ME games though. The new game was a lame attempt to not deal with the ending of ME3 by jumping to another galaxy. Hopefully the lesson is learned.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back