Star Trek Into Darkness replicas

It'd be nice to have the bigger selection of cheaper toys (I'd love a Diamond Select USS Vengeance), but it looks like it's a smaller sets of items and quality this time instead of cheaper prices.

Last edited:
Hey, can we see that concept art for the unused Trek Phaser that was talked about earlier in the thread before the movie was released?

redshirt

are you talking about my concept phaser I did of a modern TOS phaser?

Everyone keeps kicking around art work from Trek. Here's the thing. As far as the Federation phaser goes.... there was no artwork. I used the hero phasers from the first film as a reference to reCAD the entire weapon. Had to because I had to because I recreated the entire phaser to account for the animatronics. and lights etc. If you guys are so dead set on art, let me shoot an email over to Andy Gore and see if he would like to market some art from me. I can take my CAD files of the different versions of the phasers I did and do some technical illustrations up. How does that sound? He has the license so I would have to sell them through him regardless. As for the concept phaser, let me kick that around a bit cause I'm not sure if I want to do anything with that yet.

Maybe a kind of blueprint technical illustration of the phasers I did, on one sheet, kind of showing a see through blueprint and solid view.

Cheers,
Kenney

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes please and Thank you for the offer.
It would be a great book to have next to Mr Scott's Guide to the Enterprise and The Art of Star Trek.

redshirt

So, you heard it was awesome? Who told you that? lol

OK... so I'm toying around with a large poster size technical illustration of the phaser. I've been taking the CAD and trying out a few things. I also emailed Andy over at QMx to see if he would be interested in selling it for me. We'll see what happens with that. Best I can do right now.

I did make up a concept phaser based on the TOS phaser and put it in front of Bad Robot. Unfortunately, JJ wanted to stick with the original design. So, I pumped the **** out of it and added a **** load of details. I did this for you guys to, at least give you a wow factor even though you hate the design. I did try for you guys and I did pitch the idea of the new concept. I'm working on the article now and when it's ready, you'll know.

I believe you said it earlier in the thread. That you had an exciting design that you did and it might be shown in an article online. I just had to follow up on it.

Gosh, if QMx did that original phaser design it might be really something for us to get excited about. Glad you're trying to get this stuff to us Trek collector's.

Any update about the online article, the concept phaser and the upcoming props and possible blueprints?

@redshirt

So, you heard it was awesome? Who told you that? lol

OK... so I'm toying around with a large poster size technical illustration of the phaser. I've been taking the CAD and trying out a few things. I also emailed Andy over at QMx to see if he would be interested in selling it for me. We'll see what happens with that. Best I can do right now.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back