Rubie's ANH Leia Blaster--- Anyone seen this yet?

Very cool, thanks for the heads up :)

I definitley fancy the Finn blaster & the stormtrooper

just really hope these are a decent size like the Leia & Boba Fett blasters

oh, & that you can get hold of them in the UK

i think the Finn blaster is going to be considerably undersized if this artwork is accurate:

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-19%20at%2010_14_19%20AM.png
star-wars-episode-7-deluxe-finn-costume-for-men-bc-809231.jpg

Last edited:
Damn it why did they have to be undersized :cry

I was was looking at these pictures trying to work out if it was too small, the Rebels E-11 is undersized but still manages to be just big enough to be acceptable in my opinion

I think these 2 may look just too small which is a shame because the details look great & they're cheap

I really like the Rubies Leia, Boba Fett & E-11 I rate them over anything hasbro have put out (except maybe they're DH-17 which was cool)

I'd rather have a light hollow toy to modify than one with all the electronics etc that tends to come with a hasbro at the expense of detail

I know they're all children's toys but still :lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 121
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 154
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    749.1 KB · Views: 152
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,007.4 KB · Views: 182
Here's my Leia ROTJ blaster, converted from the Rubies ANH. Tomtit parts are by @guabe and the flash hider is my own design :)

Not many changes to the Rubies apart from chopping off the ANH barrel bits. After filling the blaster with resin I modified the mag plate a little bit (still not 100% accurate to the Margolin but it was a quick change) and then filled the hollow areas around the hammer with more resin.

The bump-ons are the SJ5007 3M Rubber Bumper Pads mentioned previously in this thread, sprayed with black plasti-dip. These are a little small when compared to the movie screencap, but they work fine. The 0.4inch square dimension is correct, but ideally they would have less of a chamfer which would give them a larger surface area on the exposed face, and 4 in a row would be longer due to the increased spacing between pads (4 in a row should stretch from the front of the grip to the back of the little lever at the front of the receiver).

Rough sanded the seams, then a couple rounds of filler primer and wet sanding. Then Krylon semi-flat black. The grips appear different because I made them smoother during the wet sanding phase (since the plastic grips of the original should be slightly glossier), and because the light is reflecting differently from their curved surfaces.

The closeup in the movie doesn't show any weathering so I think I'm ready to call it done :)

This looks great!!!
Here's my Leia ROTJ blaster, converted from the Rubies ANH. Tomtit parts are by @guabe and the flash hider is my own design :)

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/678/20690866363_b1a0054c3b_c.jpg

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/681/21124071218_3f42218ec4_c.jpg

Not many changes to the Rubies apart from chopping off the ANH barrel bits. After filling the blaster with resin I modified the mag plate a little bit (still not 100% accurate to the Margolin but it was a quick change) and then filled the hollow areas around the hammer with more resin.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5641/21136706350_27ca7e73a4_c.jpg

The bump-ons are the SJ5007 3M Rubber Bumper Pads mentioned previously in this thread, sprayed with black plasti-dip. These are a little small when compared to the movie screencap, but they work fine. The 0.4inch square dimension is correct, but ideally they would have less of a chamfer which would give them a larger surface area on the exposed face, and 4 in a row would be longer due to the increased spacing between pads (4 in a row should stretch from the front of the grip to the back of the little lever at the front of the receiver).

Rough sanded the seams, then a couple rounds of filler primer and wet sanding. Then Krylon semi-flat black. The grips appear different because I made them smoother during the wet sanding phase (since the plastic grips of the original should be slightly glossier), and because the light is reflecting differently from their curved surfaces.

The closeup in the movie doesn't show any weathering so I think I'm ready to call it done :)

The ROTJ blaster looks great E Williams, looking forward to finishing mine, very grateful that you made the muzzle available

I finished up a little trio of Rubies Blasters, I really like what Rubies have been doing with these recent blasters which is why I wish the TFA ones looked bigger

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    976.3 KB · Views: 223
Don't waste your money. It's ridiculously undersized. Smaller than the undersized Rebels Stormtrooper blaster:

20150923_221802.jpg

And waaaay undersized compared to this MGC casting:

20150923_222241.jpg

VERY disappointing. It's a shame, because the detail is great. It's just too friggin' small. I'm returning this junk.

Tomtit part... kind of a pain... I've emailed them 3 times for shipping quote and no answer.

Maybe I'm missing small print about no deliveries to Canada... and being ignored?

It's just one guy at Reade Models. How much time have you given him to reply? And he could always be busy or on holiday. In a pinch, if he doesn't ship to Canada for some reason, let me know, and I'll be a "clearing house" for you -- I'm planning to order a couple sets in the not-too-distant future, and I'd add one (?) for you and send it up when they came in...

--Jonah

It's just one guy at Reade Models. How much time have you given him to reply? And he could always be busy or on holiday. In a pinch, if he doesn't ship to Canada for some reason, let me know, and I'll be a "clearing house" for you -- I'm planning to order a couple sets in the not-too-distant future, and I'd add one (?) for you and send it up when they came in...

--Jonah

First two emails was probably back early august...

We'll see!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back