Kylo Ren Saber hollow hilt for electronics

I used them, I took the guts out of the LED Glow stick and put them in the 3D printed side blades, you'll have to glue small pieces of plastic to the sides of the units so they don't slide all the way into the blade, I have pics of my completed saber one page back.

I used them, I took the guts out of the LED Glow stick and put them in the 3D printed side blades, you'll have to glue small pieces of plastic to the sides of the units so they don't slide all the way into the blade, I have pics of my completed saber one page back.

Can I get pictures of what it should look like with the led gut in the side blades?

IMAG0235_1.jpgIMAG0230_1.jpgIMAG0229_1.jpgIMAG0234_1.jpg

Hope that illustrates what I mean! You might need to sand the housing for the LED unit so it fits in easy you don't want to have to pry it out of there LOL. You'll also need to stuff something in to the side blade holes for the led unit to but up to so that it activates. I just put in my main blade and then used some thick tinfoil stuffed in there and pounded it down with a piece of dowel rod so it was well packed. You won't need a lot, plus it can be changed later if I decide to wire the LEDs directly to the sound board of course with the FX saber coming out on September 4th I'm not sure I'll ever bother.

Attachments

• IMAG0232_1.jpg
    IMAG0232_1.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 117
guabe Any chance of updating the pommel end of the hilt with the openings that have been shown on the replicas?

Last edited by a moderator:
@guabe Any chance of updating the pommel end of the hilt with the openings that have been shown on the replicas?

yup, V3 has the openings... I still havent got all the pictures of the inner hexagon detail to make it more accurate to the hasbro hilt.

kylosaberv3_02.jpg

I also made a new saber cap for better accuracy, it does not have sound holse since i mode those to the v3 body
kylosaberv3_01.jpg

Attachments

• kylosaberv3_02.jpg
    kylosaberv3_02.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 67
  • kylosaberv3_02.jpg
    kylosaberv3_02.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 61
  • kylosaberv3_02.jpg
    kylosaberv3_02.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 80
  • kylosaberv3_02.jpg
    kylosaberv3_02.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 75
  • kylosaberv3_02.jpg
    kylosaberv3_02.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 135
  • kylosaberv3_01.jpg
    kylosaberv3_01.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 336
  • kylosaberv3_01.jpg
    kylosaberv3_01.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 78
  • kylosaberv3_01.jpg
    kylosaberv3_01.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 94
  • kylosaberv3_01.jpg
    kylosaberv3_01.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 84
  • kylosaberv3_01.jpg
    kylosaberv3_01.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 82
Last edited by a moderator:
yup, V3 has the openings... I still havent got all the pictures of the inner hexagon detail to make it more accurate to the hasbro hilt.

http://www.skullgarrison.com/gus/Lightsabers/kylosaberv3_02.jpg

I also made a new saber cap for better accuracy, it does not have sound holse since i mode those to the v3 body
http://www.skullgarrison.com/gus/Lightsabers/kylosaberv3_01.jpg

On the Hasbro Force FX version, it's actually an inner octagon inside those fins and not a hexagon (weird I know). There's six fins, it should be hex or round. However keep in mind that this is a Force FX saber and has many inaccuracies. The octagon shape may have been made specifically for the Force FX version so that there is a larger area to vent sound.

I just noticed that thanks to the pictures posted in the other thread... is it 8 sides or 7?

Interesting. The pics of the Disney Store version pommel seem to have 6 sides in the cutout greeblie (based on the angles), as opposed to the 8 sides in the Hasbro one. The hexagon seems to be smaller than the octagon as well. I wonder which is more accurate?

Will the new end cap work with the V2?
@guabe I hope it will! Just today I finished up the V2 I built to look like the stunt saber from Celebration:

An updated end cap would be awesome. I even have red filament in the printer right now, lol. Thanks again for making these files available (and to @Sni9er for the clip) :)

The new endpiece you're working on looks great as well!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back