Anakin Starkiller uni body v2 preparation group thread

I totally forgot to take pictures of the chunk, worked super late last night. I'll report back tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been lightly beating up my saber for about a few weeks now, and I ran it through the dishwasher this afternoon. It came out with a kind of bronzeish tint which isn't horrible, but hopefully I can darken it to not be as bad. (Comparing to Starkillers TFA run)
IMG_0835.JPG
Ive also been following Halliwaxs tutorial, so I wet sanded my Roman champ to de-chrome it. Not sure if I should do more, I'll have to think about it for a bit.
IMG_0830.JPG

I've been lightly beating up my saber for about a few weeks now, and I ran it through the dishwasher this afternoon. It came out with a kind of bronzeish tint which isn't horrible, but hopefully I can darken it to not be as bad. (Comparing to Starkillers TFA run)
View attachment 722774
Ive also been following Halliwaxs tutorial, so I wet sanded my Roman champ to de-chrome it. Not sure if I should do more, I'll have to think about it for a bit.
View attachment 722775

Looks pretty good from your photos. I like it

View attachment 722774
View attachment 722775

looks damn good to me! :thumbsup

Late Night Update!:
So I've spent the past few hours soaking and scrubbing the handle in drain cleaner. I made the mistake of letting it sit in one spot too long and burned the underside of the saber black, while the rest of it only grayed. I scrubbed it clean and started over.
While re-soaking, the area that burned left a straight line right down the saber. So I had to clean very carefully to try and hide it.
IMG_0849.JPG

After some careful cleaning and some scary moments, this is what I ended up with! I plan on doing some more weathering, however the irregular patina helps give the impression that it's been around (in my opinion). Let me know what you guys think! (Raw TFA for comparison)

IMG_0854.JPG

IMG_0851.JPG

IMG_0852.JPG

That drain cleaner looks to have the same effect as oven clean. Looks great

I didn't know it was that easy to bring to back to life

Late Night Update!:
So I've spent the past few hours soaking and scrubbing the handle in drain cleaner. I made the mistake of letting it sit in one spot too long and burned the underside of the saber black, while the rest of it only grayed. I scrubbed it clean and started over.
While re-soaking, the area that burned left a straight line right down the saber. So I had to clean very carefully to try and hide it.
View attachment 722866

After some careful cleaning and some scary moments, this is what I ended up with! I plan on doing some more weathering, however the irregular patina helps give the impression that it's been around (in my opinion). Let me know what you guys think! (Raw TFA for comparison)

View attachment 722867

View attachment 722868

View attachment 722869

Looks awesome!!! Great job :thumbsup

Here's mine so far...

Not too much work on it, but I sanded away the machine marks away from the pommel cubes and through the dishwasher a couple of times... very happy of how dulled down the finish is. Here's a shot of it with my Nicksdad for comparison.

IMG_4131.JPG

So I've only been casually following this thread, but can somebody spell out for me where the Mystery Chunk placement on this thing is supposed to be? I've read the previous posts on this and I'm still a bit confused lol. Where in relation to the D-ring holes or the hole for the cone knob should it go? Same question with regards to the 'machine mark'.

I know that it's been discovered that there should be another set screw on the emitter, but there was also something about the pommel cubes on the unibody being wrong? Anything else I've missed?

Here's mine so far...

Not too much work on it, but I sanded away the machine marks away from the pommel cubes and through the dishwasher a couple of times... very happy of how dulled down the finish is. Here's a shot of it with my Nicksdad for comparison.

View attachment 722999

So I've only been casually following this thread, but can somebody spell out for me where the Mystery Chunk placement on this thing is supposed to be? I've read the previous posts on this and I'm still a bit confused lol. Where in relation to the D-ring holes or the hole for the cone knob should it go? Same question with regards to the 'machine mark'.

I know that it's been discovered that there should be another set screw on the emitter, but there was also something about the pommel cubes on the unibody being wrong? Anything else I've missed?

dude this took me 40 minutes of digging to find...
attachment.php

"The middle of the chunk should roughly line up with the outer edge of the pommel cube (3rd right from the d-ring)."

Hmm mm
Not enough info ...

I'll do some digging this weekend
And post if what I find is + -

:)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I think in the other v2 thread they mentioned the placement of the mystery chunk is different in ROTJ than it is in the recent photos because of how the parts of the saber can rotate.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

I think in the other v2 thread they mentioned the placement of the mystery chunk is different in ROTJ than it is in the recent photos because of how the parts of the saber can rotate.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Don't forget the chunk stays in the same location on the pommel (pommel cubes). But like u said the whole pommel can be moved so it can be located differently on the rest of the hilt.

I have to think but I think the throne room chair arm it's different isn't it? Or is it only the clamp that has moved in that scene?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back