Vader MPP bubble mounting

I have green, I was going to get blue as well but I think its too blue.......if you could nail a teal or blue tinted green id buy like 3, haha.

Green is super close but it needs to be a shade or so more towards green on a color scale if thats possible.

Chaim I think hit the nail on the head though that the bubbles match a green board, its definitely even when looking blue, a blue green not pure blue.

Here is your green:

Here's what my observation and research from DV lightsaber pictures and my real Exactra calculators led to conclude ... the bubbles being used in Vader's MPP are the frosted ones with flattened side edges . . . clearly seen here :

Here's the Exactra 20* with the blue board and no flat edges, yet all roundish bubbles :

Since Vader's lightsaber was build in the UK ... for me the TI-2000 (Made in Italy) which also is frosted and has a green board is at least a good option for the bubblestrip being used in Vader's MPP :

I might have an Exactra 19 or 20 with frosted bubbles yet I did not open all 8 of them to be photographed ... so unless blue frosted bubblestrips with flattened edges do exist in Exactra 19/20's . . . then this post can be regarded null and void . . . eventhough I clearly see green . . . not blue boards being used. Perhaps The Prop Store's CEO Stephen Lane or Brandon Alinger could shed some more light on the matter . . . once and for all :)

Chaïm

Last edited:
the board on bottom exists in blue color, but the blue is not a deep blue,not the same as the "ti" branded all tin plated boards, more darl blue color, and some greenish areas too, and with classical gold plated copper threads, this is what I put on my mpp.

I should stop reading this thread!

finally made up my mind last night and ordered a blue card from sloth, now I am starting to lean towards green again lol

I was curious, so I busted out my last four Ti20s and wanted to see what color base cards I had

You can see there are three distinct colors here... I don't have a blue unfortunately.

IMG_8898.JPG

IMG_8899.JPG

IMG_8901.JPG

IMG_8902.JPG

IMG_8903.JPG

Shine a light through and you'll know if you have a blue one or not. I thought one of mine was green until I did this due to the solder mask and it being pressed against the other calc parts.

The first close up is the one I would question.

Yeah, Scott the first is exactly what mine looked like when installed. The solder mask goes right up to the bubblestrip, so it wasn't until it was off when I finally went "oh, cool." And I'd had that particular calc for two years already...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hm ... well I love mine to be 50 shades of turquoise ... not blue nor green ... yet in between, which rhimes so it must be true :lol

Chaïm

Exactra 20 innards (Darth Lars).jpg
The solder mask on the board in my Exactra 20 had not been applied correctly, not covering the bottom of the blue circuit board substrate.

I think also that it looks as if solder-mask wasn't supposed to have been applied around the bubble strip's rightmost rivet. It could be easier to look there than through the bubbles to find the true colour of the board substrate.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back