HalloweenCostumes.com “Back to the Future Hoverboard”

looks great! how hard was it to remove the stock magnets and install the new resin ones? where did you get the new
resin ones?

I've been following hween costume boards the past 3 nights and it seems magnets and the box in the middle are the hardest parts to find right now (there's vacuum formed ones on eBay, but I prefer 3D print or resin)

any advice on where to find mags and the center box?

I like how u have it displayed hovering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looks great! how hard was it to remove the stock magnets and install the new resin ones? where did you get the new
resin ones?

I've been following hween costume boards the past 3 nights and it seems magnets and the box in the middle are the hardest parts to find right now (there's vacuum formed ones on eBay, but I prefer 3D print or resin)

any advice on where to find mags and the center box?

I like how u have it displayed hovering

Hi halliwax, Vormz sells them (take a look at post # 537 on this page on this thread) hope this helps :)
im not sure if he dose the magnets but he dose do the middle box etc

Hi halliwax, Vormz sells them (take a look at post # 537 on this page on this thread) hope this helps :)
im not sure if he dose the magnets but he dose do the middle box etc

really?!? i thought he's not making them anymore, i thought i just read that in the junkyard?! I'm going to have to double check and send him a PM. thanks for the info i really appreciate it!

i just re read this entire thread. you see i have confused this one with the Matty version. things are clearer now. i am going to grab a Hween costumes board soon, and plan on converting it with lenticular decals. god i can't even guess how to pronounce that in real life... anyway i want to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread. there is some amazing information here, filled with great pictures and instructions. i have read every post and appreciate all the advice

i was wondering if anyone use 3M spray to apply the lenticular decals, and if they saw the glue underneath? i want to try and figure out a way to apply the lenticular material without the super glue scars. i have used this on allot of headliners in vehicles, I've also used it on a few other props. i dont know how it will chemically react to the lenticular material. and i dont know what it will look like dried underneath. once i get more serious and start gathering parts i will apply some 3m 77 to a scrap piece of lenticular material and see the results
http://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-Super-77-16-75-fl-oz-Multi-Purpose-Spray-Adhesive-77-24/100067550

i was also wondering if using liquid nails clear silicone, if you squirt it on the lenticular material and spread it thin with say a old gift card, i wonder if that would bond good enough>?
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Liquid-N...l-Projects-Silicone-Adhesive-LN-207/202203979

i think the clear silicone trick will work good... but you'll have to spread it very very thin. again i will experiment with this stuff once i start receiving parts

Please note: Any kind of liquid adhesive will destroy the lenticular effect. Use it only on that area of the lenticular that is hidden by the vinyl or velcro.

man people are trying to sell these on ebay for 175$! for that you could name a wooden non crap board!
plus you can still buy them for 40-50$ on the site.
whos selling the middle parts or kits for these let me know. need 3 of them

- - - Updated - - -

how many people here RE-painted there to look more red-ish?

Finally finished my modded HC Board! Really happy with it and so much better than the stock board
4c80dfda3d2094bf3b6097a1c79944bc.jpg

0aac1362e34a215cefeae6a1e5fb826c.jpg
62e55f9e35372564ff3383181b130d04.jpg
18e6216a59971064c810e84ea4f39eaa.jpg
0f70712eaa48e4697b3584f33cd05811.jpg
a8efaafbb558b042483492fc5a17bd96.jpg

Awesome. My stock HC boards are looking lame to me now. At conventions I always carry top-out to hide the official licensing/logo billboard on the bottom.

Awesome. My stock HC boards are looking lame to me now. At conventions I always carry top-out to hide the official licensing/logo billboard on the bottom.

The main problem I found with the HC boards are, it's so dang heavy, you can't really do something like this with it:stargate_marty.jpg
Not only would you have to use heavier gauge (and thus more visible) line or risk snapping them, you risk hurting peoples ankles or shins when it bumps into them. (I've accidentally done that plenty of times over the cons I've had this at, but luckily, mine's mostly foamboard and doesn't hurt anybody.)

Your Friend in Time,
Marty McFly Dallas Cosplay

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back