Han Solo Ep 7 costume

Any leads on the pants belt? The vertically elongated belt holes are a nice tell. Haven't found anything close yet though.

Would this have been too much to ask?

1390-1391-force-awakens-cover-color-corrected_zps45ln1j93.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone had any joy with the trousers or boots?

Also, in case it helps anyone I came across this pic recently which shows nicely the subtle differences between the belts
comparison.jpg

As for the top pocket greeblies, I think the e cig/vape batteries are a good idea.
The only slight hiccup is that I notice they all seem to have a visible thread. Granted that can be modded to hide the thread, but when I first saw the new jacket my initial thought was that the greeblies might have been a breath mint spray.

bad-breath-spray1.jpg

Sticking with the vape theme for a mo, "vape mods" seems to bring up some relatively good matches without the threads, but they too seem to not quite be 100% so whatever the approach, it seems there are some good items for starting points but possibly requiring modding depending how accurate you want to get :)

As for the bottle approach, this company manufactures bottle and helpfully has a nice online catalogue which shows all of the spray ends they do. Some look like great candidates (coupled with a suitable bottle). Sadly though, as they're a manufacturer they probably won't be interested in tiny orders of 3 at a time! lol
http://www.tyhcontainer.com/en/catalog/catalog-008.html

Last edited:
Update:
Well, it seems most of the boots which are the closest match so far are ladies which limits the field somewhat as they rarely come in UK10+ lol
(and interestingly, most of the mens vintage boots that offer close matches are generally in the USA and size US9 or less (which I think is UK7 or there about)... who knew American males had such tiny feet! lol)

Seriously though....
The pic of the toy (which is the only reference I have of the lower part of the boot so far) seems to indicate it's a 2 part boot with a softish leather upper and a firmer leather around the actual foot area.

Aiming for that criteria in a "pull on" (as I can't see any evidence of a zip), this is the closest match I've found so far:
http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/...n=spp=11&ppp=180&sp=1&rid=&spc=32&cm_kws=frye boots %26pn%3D1

It would need modding to remove the harness part, and a touch of recolouring, but if you compare them side by side the shaming, size, etc looks pretty close:
boots-frye-philip-harness-tall.png

Sadly though, they too only seem to be available in around US6 but I thought they were worth sharing as I know not everyone will have clown feet like mine lol

I love the new look for Han Solo and recently found a few hi-res photos online that I thought everyone would enjoy! These photos were found at the great site http://harrison-ford.org/

View attachment 002.jpeg View attachment 006.jpeg 001a.jpg

Looking at these I notice a few things that have not been mentioned yet :

1. Wide loops on the pants
2. Only three pouches on the right side of the holster compared to the original trilogy holsters
3. The single pouch on the left side of the holster does not have a snap but it looks like there is a small hole in the center like the one in ANH
4. I do not believe there is a strap on the holster that holds the blaster in.

BloomSW7Falcon2.jpeg 22887931297_37b497281e_o.jpeg

The Han Solo costume is also on display in New York so hopefully we will get a ton of reference photos soon! Here is a link to one photo gallery that has a few Han Solo display photos - https://www.flickr.com/photos/44005369@N05/albums/72157659254893404

NICE FIND! :):thumbsup

I remember seeing one of those photos (but in a much smaller format) and thinking "Hey, do those pants have really wide belt loops on them?" but I wasn't positive...
Looks like they really ARE, though... COOL

And I've gotta say, I'm happily surprised at the DETAIL in those really large photos!
It's been pretty cool to find out over the last few weeks that I can actually leave some graying stubble on my face and STILL be "Ford-Accurate" when I eventually do my cosplay of the Older Solo! ;)

Are you guys in need of the chest greeblies or does everyone think the e-cig batteries are pretty good facsimile?? I can set up a run of screen-accurate ones (a la my Finn/Poe Jacket greeblies) if the demand is there and someone can get me some solid reference photos.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back