Anakin Starkiller V2 lightsaber show-off thread

That weathering is truly great indeed :) . . . However ... you say you use a real clamp on your V2, so here's my question : Does your 'X' line up like so? (see picture below)

[url]http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/Replica.jpg[/URL]

Or does your 'G' and 'X' line up as seen on these pictures?

[url]http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/G%20-%20Clamp_zpsztjqfwmn.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/X%20-%20Clamp_zpshjwerck6.jpg[/URL]

Chaim

Thanks for the info...but what design is correct for the V2?

All I was pointing out was that Curmudgeon was using a replica clamp, which he confirmed see post# 35, and not a genuine vintage real clamp. The last pictures as shown in my post are of a genuine real vintage G R A F L E X clamp, which obviously is the only correct version for the screen-used V2 lightsaber, not this replica made by Romans Empire, though it is a good alternative for a substitute V2 clamp, with prices for G R A F L E X parts going through the roof lately :wacko

Chaim

I know I posted photos else where but I figured I'd join the party in this thread! Here's my V2. I'm rocking a real GRAFLEX clamp, along with the Slothfurance card and Roy's extended lever. I painted it with Krylon Satin Black then spent about 2-3 hours weathering it with an exacto blade and sandpaper. I tried my best to weather it like how it appeared in the photos of it at Celebration this year.

I decided to use a shaft collar to hold the emitter rod in place on my build.

And last, but not least, a photo of my Anakin Starkiller V2 with all of his brothers!

From left to right: Real Graflex Luke ESB Saber I built, Romanprops Obi-Wan Saber, Anakin Starkiller V2, LDMcustoms Mark VI V2, SD Studios Luke ROTJ "Hero"

All of these V2's look SO amazing, great work guys! This saber and, of coarse, Obi-wan Kenobi's ANH saber have always been my favorite. For some reason I'm fascinated with the Darth Vader ROTJ Graflex too. I can't wait to get my very own V2 from the next run by Anakin Starkiller! I've got all the parts for one so far. One of Slothfurnace's accurate clamp cards, McMaster-Carr mystery chunk (I have 8 left if anybody needs one?), and Roy's accurate extended lever. Just need a clamp from Roman, as well as the V2 itself and I should finally be legit!

All of these V2's look SO amazing, great work guys! This saber and, of coarse, Obi-wan Kenobi's ANH saber have always been my favorite. For some reason I'm fascinated with the Darth Vader ROTJ Graflex too. I can't wait to get my very own V2 from the next run by Anakin Starkiller! I've got all the parts for one so far. One of Slothfurnace's accurate clamp cards, McMaster-Carr mystery chunk (I have 8 left if anybody needs one?), and Roy's accurate extended lever. Just need a clamp from Roman, as well as the V2 itself and I should finally be legit!

What is the McMaster-Carr mystery chunk and Roy's accurate extended lever?

What is the McMaster-Carr mystery chunk and Roy's accurate extended lever?

mystery chunk in the center of picture below
IMG_5340.jpg

roys custom lever, and slothfurnaces circuit board below
IMG_5331.jpg

Ah thanks hallifax...now I need them both,too!:eek:D

And a clamp!;)

I highly recommend grabbing one of Roy's levers. he has allot of research in developing this for us. I actually ordered 2 because right now he has them in stock but it's only a matter of time before they are gone and become a rare item

wannawanga.com

he's got super fast shipping, products amazing and great communication.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that true Roy? I thought these would be in stock indefinitely?

i didn't mean it like that, what i have learned from experience is when i hesitate on something i always seem to miss it... i personally wouldn't hesitate on something as rare as the levers. classic example right now is replica graflex clamps, there no where to be found... my word of advice don't hesitate on anything in the prop world

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back