How much is your collection worth?

...don´t know if I really want to know what I actually SPENT over the years!

Many of the items, that fetched TOP $ back the days have been made available for much less $ over the years.
On the other hand I have plenty of stuff I got a bargain on back the days and it´s not available anymore ;)

Toy-collection is something different.
Still have a lot of vintage stuff (which is still precious ;)), even more of the newer stuff plus a boatload of SPAWN figures (which are worth S*IT now :lol).

So there´s the amount I spent vs. the amount I´d get when trying to liquidate my collection :)

Markus

$10k is still great! What is your collection mostly consists of?

Star Wars, Star Trek, Indy, Ghostbusters, BTTF, Doctor Who. Getting more into Jurassic Park as well recently.

There are a few bigger ticket items that jack that price up a bit. A Han in Carbonite for instance. Sadly, much of the value of my collection sits safely rolled until I have more wall space. I have a pretty expansive vintage poster collection that I collect autographs with.

Star Wars, Star Trek, Indy, Ghostbusters, BTTF, Doctor Who. Getting more into Jurassic Park as well recently.

There are a few bigger ticket items that jack that price up a bit. A Han in Carbonite for instance. Sadly, much of the value of my collection sits safely rolled until I have more wall space. I have a pretty expansive vintage poster collection that I collect autographs with.

Nice collection! Thanks for posting!

I've only "really" started prop and model ship collecting in the last few years. My first/oldest "prop" would be a Playmates Star Trek TNG tricorder from the late 80s, while my oldest surviving model ship would a 3" long Klingon Bird of Prey which I built in the early 90s, but I wasn't consciously trying to collect anything at that time, per se.

My first conscious attempt to collect anything was back in the early 2000s, when I bought the entire collection of Original Star Wars Trilogy ships from Micro Machines (which I'm sure isn't worth anything, monetarily speaking).

My first "real" collectible items were some United Cutlery Lord of the Rings weapons, which I bought maybe close to 5-6 years ago. I use the term "real collectible" because A) I was conscious of actually wanting to collect something, and B) it was my first time dropping serious money down for an item. From there, my collection has grown to include Star Wars, Blade Runner, and Star Trek props, and a few Star Trek model ships.

In all, I'd guess that collection is worth around $4K (half of which is due to my MR Han Solo blaster and Tomenosuke Blade Runner blasters). I also have a decent collection of Star Wars, He-Man, G.I.Joe, and Transformers toys from when I was a kid, but I have no idea what they're worth.

As Brad said some post before mine, all are subjective. I think my collection is around 100k$-150k$ (you'll see it when I'll update my colletion page ;) ), but there is still one prop that I want to add in my collection before close it.... ;)

Not sure what monetary value my collection has. I look at it from my own point of view and that means to collect what I like and what I enjoy. My collection can be seen here: http://www.therpf.com/f9/jknos-collection-transylvania-138927/ though I need to take some new shots since those are old pics from 2011

Thanks for sharing, and if you do take new pics, be sure to post!!

In all, I'd guess that collection is worth around $4K (half of which is due to my MR Han Solo blaster and Tomenosuke Blade Runner blasters). I also have a decent collection of Star Wars, He-Man, G.I.Joe, and Transformers toys from when I was a kid, but I have no idea what they're worth.

Thanks for sharing your collection!! And I'm sure those toys are worth a lot!! I had some old Power Ranger toys for instance that I wished I kept since they are worth so much now.

Very good thread for a housebreaker :lol

:lol:lol:lol:lol Didn't even think of that. ;)

As Brad said some post before mine, all are subjective. I think my collection is around 100k$-150k$ (you'll see it when I'll update my colletion page ;) ), but there is still one prop that I want to add in my collection before close it.... ;)

Wow!!! That's incredible. Yeah, definitely make a thread or post about an update of your collection! I'll definitely check it out when it's up. And yeah, definitely post about that prop that you'd like to add to your collection. ;)
How many original (non-replicas) do you think you own? I was only aware of you owning some National Treasure stuff and the beetle from Indiana Jones. Did you get anymore?

Last edited:
Based on what I paid for it I would have said roughly 9 or 10K$.
Turns out it's exactly $9,888.

Almost half of it consists of my Indiana Jones collection ($4,150). The rest is my Marvel stuff ($2,109), The Dark Knight Trilogy ($1,093), Back To The Future Trilogy ($781), James Bond ($757), V for Vendetta ($546) and various Sci-Fi Films (Looper, Minority Report, Inception for $452).

I'm pretty new to this hobby (I seriously started my collection about a year and a half ago) so it's nothing impressive but my collection is growing. Slowly but surely.

I think if I wanted to unload it in a week or so I should be able to do so for about 5/6K.

Great thread idea, but very subjective. Even with your criteria--it's hard to put "worth" on anything. Even trying to remeber what we paid for something 20-30 years ago is tough.
That said, my collection is "worth" anywhere between $40-50K

I've struggled to get my collection to the $10K, and I think I'm not far now. You can see it by following the link in my signature.

Based on what I paid for it I would have said roughly 9 or 10K$.
Turns out it's exactly $9,888.

Almost half of it consists of my Indiana Jones collection ($4,150). The rest is my Marvel stuff ($2,109), The Dark Knight Trilogy ($1,093), Back To The Future Trilogy ($781), James Bond ($757), V for Vendetta ($546) and various Sci-Fi Films (Looper, Minority Report, Inception for $452).

I'm pretty new to this hobby (I seriously started my collection about a year and a half ago) so it's nothing impressive but my collection is growing. Slowly but surely.

I think if I wanted to unload it in a week or so I should be able to do so for about 5/6K.

Wow!! How do you know exactly how much you've spent?? Did you literally add them all up?

Great thread idea, but very subjective. Even with your criteria--it's hard to put "worth" on anything. Even trying to remeber what we paid for something 20-30 years ago is tough.
That said, my collection is "worth" anywhere between $40-50K

Yep, very subjective indeed. I guess how much people are willing to pay for, but I guess one person can be willing to pay hundreds of dollars for one prop, but others might now. You have quite a large collection though, lol. Thanks for posting.

I've struggled to get my collection to the $10K, and I think I'm not far now. You can see it by following the link in my signature.

Thanks for sharing!!

Hi, all
I think I have about $150k :)
I'm so scared of the insurance costs now!!!

Where is the best place to find out what some of my stuff is worth? I can't find some stuff to compare accurately. :(

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back