Alien / Nostromo Uniforms

Here are some photos of my Nostromo Jacket. Adding collar piping is my next goal.
jacket 1.JPGjacket 2.JPGjacket 3.JPGjacket 4.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Pics of my Nostromo Jacket. Collar piping is my next goal.

Attachments

• jacket 1.JPG
    jacket 1.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 271
  • jacket 1.JPG
    jacket 1.JPG
    168.7 KB · Views: 260
  • jacket 2.JPG
    jacket 2.JPG
    153.4 KB · Views: 264
  • jacket 3.JPG
    jacket 3.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 243
  • jacket 4.JPG
    jacket 4.JPG
    169.6 KB · Views: 291
I have the new Magnoli "wrinkly" shirt and pants. The shirt and pants are extraordinary. The collar matches the originals- pointy not rounded. The color of the shirt is the off-color white like the originals. But, the wrinkly- my favorite! The shirt comes directly from the dryer wrinkly! My advice on washing and drying the shirt and pants- turn them inside out and place them in a delicates bag. Don't use the dryer on hot setting; cool is fine. And then hang the shirt and pants to air dry afterwards.

I have also worn the uniform immaculately pressed and have worn it at public events; shirt properly tucked in of course. And I have had numerous people ask me what military service am I in. (That is a rather sad social commentary and not for discussion here). Once I have explained where the uniform is from- the people's faces light up in recognition and remark how wonderful the uniform is!

I also have the Magnoli Nostromo shirt and pants. I don't seem to have quite the same degree of wrinkly-ness. I think I need to wear them in a bit more. I'll need to post some pics of my full up outfit, up to this point.

RAF MK3 Cold Weather Jacket.(The Marines version is more of a grey, but harder to find) This is the proper base from the movie (except a newer version).

I chose to leave my MK 3 jacket color "as is" in the modern olive green color.
This ultimately determined my Nostromo stencil color. I tested various shades on the cut off seat flap.
Doing this, I felt the more movie accurate stencil colors ( aqua, light green ?) didn't look good very on an olive green jacket.

I used an Acrylic color called, Blue Lagoon, satin. This seemed to stand out the best.

What are you guys using as collar piping?

The Magnoli Shirt and pants are a new linen/cotton blend. Follow my advice mentioned above for washing and drying inside-out in a delicates bag. Dry with the clothes in the delicates bag- a low temperature is best. Then hang and air dry. Guaranteed you will look a teenager who's mother has not done wash in months.

I chose to leave my MK 3 jacket color "as is" in the modern olive green color.
This ultimately determined my Nostromo stencil color. I tested various shades on the cut off seat flap.
Doing this, I felt the more movie accurate stencil colors ( aqua, light green ?) didn't look good very on an olive green jacket.

I used an Acrylic color called, Blue Lagoon, satin. This seemed to stand out the best.

What are you guys using as collar piping?

I used white from a hobby shop and dyed it in pink for a VERY short time. 1 pack and I got all my piping done. However, the link posted above looks very good and is less work.

The Magnoli Shirt and pants are a new linen/cotton blend. Follow my advice mentioned above for washing and drying inside-out in a delicates bag. Dry with the clothes in the delicates bag- a low temperature is best. Then hang and air dry. Guaranteed you will look a teenager who's mother has not done wash in months.

I got my Nostromo set back in March '15. Wonder if I have the new or old fabric blend?

That is a question best left to Senor Indy. But, it is no doubt is still a wonderful recreation of the uniform. Wear it proud- wear it wrinkly! (Just don't get acid blood on it)

I have been reading this thread with great interest. Loved the movie and loved the general look of it.

But what really convinced me was when I started reading about the Dallas jacket here. It always kind of reminded me of something. And then I remembered a jacket that I had bought at a flea market back in '98 or '99...

v2gd7PV.jpg

At the time I had mistaken it for an American jacket, as somebody had sewn several American patches on it. Never could quite bring myself to throw it away though. And now it seems it will be getting a new purpose! :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back