Roddenberry Prop Announcements at Star Trek Las Vegas 2014

Feel your pain Len. I was thinking of getting one of these but stories so far have made me question that

Well, I just got one and I love it. I'm not a huge Trek fan, but I loved TNG. I didn't even know this prop existed, but when I saw Norm's vid over at tested.com I decided to get one. I'm really happy with it. I've had no issues whatsoever like the ones described here. Maybe they got their QC issues straightened out. Definitely something I'll enjoy adding to my collection.

I'd like to know too. Anyone here talking to Roddenberry.com about the forthcoming TOS Communicator and Phaser?

Good question :confused

What has it been 3 or 4 years since they announced the Comm? :lol

If not more. I do see these being made again in China, don't you :confused

If only they didn't screw over Mr Coyle back in the day he would be making them................

Well just checked Roddenberry.com's website and the tricorder is "Currently Unavailable" in other words,

Stock​
This item is currently not in
stock!

They sold out. Now for those of you who bought one and didn't put it on EBay, let's watch to see if the price increases in value.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are still plenty of these available through web sellers and eBay, I picked one up with some cheeky discount.

Having previously had the EFX model this one seems identical. Some issues with light diffusion, stickers losing adhesion and some dodgy ? wonky hinges.

I do like the weight, the bright lights and mine sounds sweet. No plans to get rid of it, regretted selling the EFX and until someone sells pre-built S/G kits there aren't many real alternatives for those who aren't master prop builders.

7/10 Roddenberry.

There are still plenty of these available through web sellers and eBay, I picked one up with some cheeky discount.

Having previously had the EFX model this one seems identical. Some issues with light diffusion, stickers losing adhesion and some dodgy ? wonky hinges.

I do like the weight, the bright lights and mine sounds sweet. No plans to get rid of it, regretted selling the EFX and until someone sells pre-built S/G kits there aren't many real alternatives for those who aren't master prop builders.

7/10 Roddenberry.

I think it was me you sold your EFX Tricorder to a few years ago, and it is still taking pride of place in my collection. It may have pained you to sell it, but I'm pleased to say it has a good home and I won't sell it on.

Hi everybody and Happy New Year,

Since these have been released the price can be found cheaper on the bay new than were originally sold for sometimes like now for instance , LOL.

To my point question I know that it seemed to not have a serial # on it but does the cardstock COA in the upper right hand corner have in little red lettering and #'s like in RED RLS001 or RLS002 and so on, as in RODDENBERRY LEGACY SERIES # 001, #002 and so forth......These might be the serial #'s of the produced run so far.

If anybody does have this red letters and #'s on their COA please post yours here in this thread.

Thanks in advance

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back