The Star-Lord/Peter Quill Sling Bag thread

Per a customer request I've Integrated a new feature into this one . . .

20151121_134028.jpg

20151121_150955.jpg

20151121_151018.jpg

A shot wearing the bag, kinda copying the movie pose:
f0Y97iv.jpg

Also shows off the boots I made for my roommate (the jacket and boots are his, I don't really have a Star-Lord costume.

Which metal rings, the ones on the bag that the narrow straps run through? Search 'oval grommets' on etsy or eBay, I think the 1.25" ones.

Or do you mean the rings on the boots? Those are either circular snaps, or just rings with spikes in them I think. I don't quite remember...

Which metal rings, the ones on the bag that the narrow straps run through? Search 'oval grommets' on etsy or eBay, I think the 1.25" ones.

Or do you mean the rings on the boots? Those are either circular snaps, or just rings with spikes in them I think. I don't quite remember...

The boots. Specifically the things that are keeping the straps attached to the body through the slits, and keeping the foot cover attached to the shoe.

Is it just a trick of the light that they look like rings?

The boots. Specifically the things that are keeping the straps attached to the body through the slits, and keeping the foot cover attached to the shoe.

Is it just a trick of the light that they look like rings?
No, they're rings, they're just a small ring with prongs on the back of them. Push the prongs through the leather (I think I used an xacto knife to cut tiny slits for the prongs because they wouldn't pierce leather). They aren't actually holding the small straps on though, they are just there decoratively and the straps are actually held on with Shoe Goo.

No, they're rings, they're just a small ring with prongs on the back of them. Push the prongs through the leather (I think I used an xacto knife to cut tiny slits for the prongs because they wouldn't pierce leather). They aren't actually holding the small straps on though, they are just there decoratively and the straps are actually held on with Shoe Goo.

Ah, I see. Okay that makes sense. I couldn't figure out how a rivet would work and look like that. If I remember right, that is what the movie boots had those rings too. I guess now I'll have to decide on those or actual rivets.

Hey! Are you still doing a run or have extra material to make another bag? I stumbled on this thread today and thought that was the most perfect replica I've seen yet! I'd love to buy one of those puppies.

Hey! Are you still doing a run or have extra material to make another bag? I stumbled on this thread today and thought that was the most perfect replica I've seen yet! I'd love to buy one of those puppies.
Soulinertia has kits and supplies, I have completed bags. Not sure which of us you mean.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those! Yes! and I was making reference to you with completed bags. I've sent you a PM.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back