Bandai TFA MF and Fine Molds MF comparison.

Nice pictures. Glad that Bandai got so many things right with this kit. Plus for those who complained about it, no pre colored plastic in this kit. Can't wait for mine to show up!!!!

Glad Yal like it, those are "in your face" kind of differences. There are tons more details to discover but that's what you guy's need to figure it out yourself :D

Anyway, got this cool photo etched exhaust grill but it ain't fitting on my Bandai Falcon :facepalm

Couldn't count the number of times I've opened this thread today just to look at the comparison shots :) I must have upped the view count into the hundreds. It's such a tiny thing but it's capable of transforming a grown man into a little kid. I keep looking out the window waiting for some truck to pull up. Gotta remind myself it's nighttime and that no one delivers at night, heheh.

Aargh!!! Be careful putting things back in the box, as I found tonight that putting them back in last night, still in the bag, I must have pushed down and something snapped off one of the gun halves, snapping off both barrels and leaving them attached to the sprue. Son of a........

I'll be able to glue them back, but damn it, a busted part before it's even started is NOT what you want to see. :thumbsdown

...Same scale (1/44) but bigger nevertheless...
That's unfortunate, but considering everything I've read about Fine Molds' Star Wars kits being of the "somewhere in the ballpark" variety with regards to scale I really shouldn't be surprised.

And thank you for the photos! I should be able to stop drooling any time now...maybe. :D

Amazon 3rd party sellers too. They ship from Japan but they're pretty reliable.
Yep. Ordered my Falcon through Amazon for $41 and change shipped. But that's with free shipping, so it won't arrive until some time during the month of December. :unsure

I should have warn you for that Betamin. For those of you still waiting for the Falcon, these are parts that is very fragile so BE CAREFUL!

WATCH OUT FOR THOSE TUB/PIPELINEPIPELINE!!

Last edited:
The level of detail is superb.
Been debating whether to get one or not, but I think your pictures have just made my mind up.

I say: Do it!

If you're a Star Wars fan, a Falcon lover, for the price it's a top notch kit to have.
It gives me inner peace just watching it.... like.. before going to bed :lol But that just me :facepalm

How does Bandai create such finite, sharp and crisp detail that make other models look like they were carved from a bar of soap????

Edit- Question answered in the other thread with the videos posted. Absolutely beautiful.
"The spirit of a digital craftsman"

Last edited:
A question about the plastic color of the model..... would that color work if you didn't paint it, and just painted or used the decals and then did some grime, rust, blast marks, etc. and used the plastic color as the body color? I was thinking that a lot of the tiny detail might fill in if not careful with the paint.

A question about the plastic color of the model..... would that color work if you didn't paint it, and just painted or used the decals and then did some grime, rust, blast marks, etc. and used the plastic color as the body color? I was thinking that a lot of the tiny detail might fill in if not careful with the paint.

You really can't weather on top of plastic. Paint needs to stick to paint.

Honestly, if you prime this with a black rattle can and then use an airbrush over top for the base coat, everything will remain crisp. Low P.S.I.. thinned properly. even, slow passes

Then the weathering will REALLY make the detail pop

Last edited:
I just got my Falcon about 10 minutes ago in the mail. Holy Crap this thing is freaking fantastic!!!! So much detail. So much tiny detail.

Bandai Falcon= Mind Blown

Now surprisingly, I expected the T-70 to show up first. I ordered it about a week before the Falcon, from the same seller. They both shipped within a few days of each other though. Maybe the T-70 will be here tomorrow.

How does Bandai create such finite, sharp and crisp detail that make other models look like they were carved from a bar of soap????

Japanese craftsmen actually care about making a quality product. Other companies just pump out something "acceptable" to turn a buck. Bandai takes pride in their work, and being the best.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back