Avengers 2 HULKBUSTER, or how to throw out your back in 3 easy steps

Yes, they are all hand made. Here is my first test fitting. I feel it was a complete success. I was able to get in and out without to much fuss. It appeared to be lighter than my last build. The new shoulder arrangement worked perfectly. I have not put the elbows under full load to release strain, so they did not work well here, but I have already tested them. I was able to do a 180* torso twist, a full arm extension or to drop the arms completely by my side. My apprentice was able to play handler and hand up the torso to me, she is only 110 ponds so that's a good sign.

View attachment 523759
:cool big toy for big boy :thumbsup

Thanks for the props, During the test, I did not realize that the knee joints were taped over ( getting ready for paint) and that restricted mobility. I put the shoulders under load and balanced them. Just a pound or two of pressure and they move up and down nicely. I did not load the elbows, so as a result, they did not flex during the test. As I have tested them before, I am not worried about them. I still have to add a strap to keep the chest in line , it opens up with a pulley, but also when I lean forward....So gotta add that in. The backpack is unmounted and only 40% done. I also added heavy duty clips to the torso straps, and it was fairly easy to clip in first try. The Head still needs a mounting bracket, but I propped it up for the photo, looks like I need to mount it a bit higher. It seams so large when it is on it's own, and so small when mounted :) I am getting very excited about this. Aiming to display him at NYCC 2015. Who else will be there ? I wanna see some Avengers !

Photo Sep 02, 2 25 36 PM.jpg

this thing is fantastic, you truly have skills..
on a side note and i hope you don't take it as critisum but it looks like the cod and lower torso are small in relationship to the thighs..
11061213_879446405424361_1885004046169297662_n.jpg
again, not knocking your build AT ALL, i don't think i could pull it off as clean and quick as you have..

There is nothing quick about this build. About 10 months of total work between me and my Apprentice. Cod looks small, it's over 55 inches waist, side panels for torso will add volume there. I want to be able to touch my toes while wearing this, making the waist thicker would interfere with movement and dancing :) I too would prefer an exact replica, but some allowances had to be made for the physics of putting a guy with 22 inch shoulders in a suit with 66 inch shoulders. I take no offense to your comments, I have had similar thoughts.

Ok guys, here is a video of it in motion. Elbows are not under spring load, so are locked. When under load, they will flex easily. Knees are taped, and held in the wrong position, so mobility will improve when I finish painting. Of course I will be adding the backpack and the side paneling. Plus I will fill in around were the arms show. All feedback is welcome, just be polite about my gorilla arms :) https://www.facebook.com/ExtremeCostumes/videos/vb.138124152907811/868250566561829/?type=2&theater

Photo Sep 02, 2 25 59 PM.jpg

Ok guys, here is a video of it in motion. Elbows are not under spring load, so are locked. When under load, they will flex easily. Knees are taped, and held in the wrong position, so mobility will improve when I finish painting. Of course I will be adding the backpack and the side paneling. Plus I will fill in around were the arms show. All feedback is welcome, just be polite about my gorilla arms :) https://www.facebook.com/ExtremeCostumes/videos/vb.138124152907811/868250566561829/?type=2&theater

View attachment 524055
Buster, you drunk, go home))))
its just awesome!:thumbsup wish to see it live, when you finished...

I will be at NYCC Debuting my Thing custom with my sons. Look for the big stone man and iron man and scarecrow. We will be hanging in lobby for photo ops Friday and Saturday.
Your build makes me feel like an slob at cosplay, Truly amazing work!

View attachment 524055
That is simply amazing! I shared your video on FB and needles to say I'm subscribed.

I caught a fish this big !!

Thanks for the props, During the test, I did not realize that the knee joints were taped over ( getting ready for paint) and that restricted mobility. I put the shoulders under load and balanced them. Just a pound or two of pressure and they move up and down nicely. I did not load the elbows, so as a result, they did not flex during the test. As I have tested them before, I am not worried about them. I still have to add a strap to keep the chest in line , it opens up with a pulley, but also when I lean forward....So gotta add that in. The backpack is unmounted and only 40% done. I also added heavy duty clips to the torso straps, and it was fairly easy to clip in first try. The Head still needs a mounting bracket, but I propped it up for the photo, looks like I need to mount it a bit higher. It seams so large when it is on it's own, and so small when mounted :) I am getting very excited about this. Aiming to display him at NYCC 2015. Who else will be there ? I wanna see some Avengers !

View attachment 523883

LetS try to find each other. We will be mainly in the lobby area and some time in the main corridor. These are really then only two places big enough for me to move around with knocking someone over. Just Look for the massive orange Thing. Would Love to get a photo op with you.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back