Rogue One Vader costume

I read recently in an article that the hallway scene was a re-shoot and a different guy was used instead of the guy used for the Mustafar scene.

If Vader makes any more appearances, such as in the young Han Solo movie, I hope they use the new guy.

Vader in the film was all the same actor actually, the other guy was cut out of the film it turns out.

http://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2017...ue-one-may-not-be-who-you-thought-he-was.html

check that article out.

I would need to see the Vader scenes that were cut to say. I think the redundancy was the point. That Krennic was constantly trying his superiors' patience with the same temper tantrums and the same credit mongering over and over.

I think the fault in the Mustafar scene lies in the direction and execution, not so much the concept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So here are some HD screencaps from RO specifically the vader costume. Interesting note, in all of the scenes in the movie he has the robes over the chest/armour EXCEPT for right before the attack on the rebels at the end. It's in there. I ended up highlighting most of these for the details to pop. Enjoy guys!
VaderRO1.jpgVaderRO5.jpgVaderRO7.jpgvaderro4.jpgVaderRO11.jpgVaderRO13.jpgVaderRO15.jpgVaderRO14.jpgVaderRO9.jpgVaderRO8.jpg

Attachments

• VaderRO10.jpg
    VaderRO10.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 255
I know it's the ROTJ version, but the Vader in Night at the Museum 2 looked better than Vader in Rogue One. I'm sorry, but that's just an epic fail on the part of the Rogue One team!

https://s23.postimg.org/4hfvwy07f/Nightatthemuseum.jpg

i never knew about this, im going to have to check it out! lol very cool

- - - Updated - - -

So here are some HD screencaps from RO specifically the vader costume. Interesting note, in all of the scenes in the movie he has the robes over the chest/armour EXCEPT for right before the attack on the rebels at the end. It's in there. I ended up highlighting most of these for the details to pop. Enjoy guys!
View attachment 715132View attachment 715133View attachment 715134View attachment 715135View attachment 715137View attachment 715138View attachment 715142View attachment 715143View attachment 715140View attachment 715141

im loving all these new HD screen caps!! nothing of his saber yet?

Ugh, seeing the screen caps in HD just makes it worse. Looks like bad Vader cosplay rather than something in an actual SW film. The way it looks in the Mustafar scene is particularly awful. :facepalm

Ugh, seeing the screen caps in HD just makes it worse. Looks like bad Vader cosplay rather than something in an actual SW film. The way it looks in the Mustafar scene is particularly awful. :facepalm
Couldn't agree more.. The gap between the helmet and the chestarmor looks silly.

it also looks like they used the oversized chest armor that went around the forums as Prowse sized ( that was completely inaccurate). notice how the neck of the mask doesnt match the neck opening on the armor.

That's what I thought as well. You'd think with the pockets and connections disney had they'd at least make some armour to fit both actors? The helmet bugs me in general. Mostly the fact that it's so high up and seems to be far from the actor's face.

People here are so nitpicky. (of course they would be, duh) More so than 99 percent of the public. That helmet has a smaller chin vent more like ANH and an actual widows peak unlike ROTJ which has larger chin vent and no widows peak. Plus the amberish lenses here. ANH gloves. It's more ANH but it's own thing. Nobody compliments that chest box being spot on ANH. In each Vader appearance the costume is it's own thing with ESB and ROTJ looking the most similar to each other. There is NO right or wrong here. That's like saying ESB is wrong because it's different in several ways than ANH. As the film makers have said, including John Knoll, Vader has more than one suit.

Last edited:
People here are so nitpicky. (of course they would be, duh) More so than 99 percent of the public. That helmet has a smaller chin vent more like ANH and an actual widows peak unlike ROTJ which has larger chin vent and no widows peak. Plus the amberish lenses here. ANH gloves. It's more ANH but it's own thing. Nobody compliments that chest box being spot on ANH. In each Vader appearance the costume is it's own thing with ESB and ROTJ looking the most similar to each other. There is NO right or wrong here. That's like saying ESB is wrong because it's different in several ways than ANH. As the film makers have said, including John Knoll, Vader has more than one suit.

In this case there is a right and wrong....and the Rogue One costume just looks WRONG. The end of Rogue One happens 10 minutes before the start of ANH so please explain to me why the costumes would look noticeably different in both films. Knoll's explanation was pure BS just to cover up the fact that the costume department dropped the ball for this production. There's no reason why they couldn't have gotten it right with the resources available today other than the fact that they just didn't care enough to actually pay attention to the details.

In this case there is a right and wrong....and the Rogue One costume just looks WRONG. The end of Rogue One happens 10 minutes before the start of ANH so please explain to me why the costumes would look noticeably different in both films. Knoll's explanation was pure BS just to cover up the fact that the costume department dropped the ball for this production. There's no reason why they couldn't have gotten it right with the resources available today other than the fact that they just didn't care enough to actually pay attention to the details.
Pretty rigid thinking. 10m, 1 hour, 10 hours, or a day could have happened between R1 and the opening of ANH. Vader could have taken another Bacta bath, dropped a deuce, and changed underwear in that time aboard his Star Destroyer.

Heck, it would have taken Vader at least 10m just to get back to his Star Destroyer. How did Vader track the Tantive IV tbrough hyperspace to Tatooine? Possibly a homing beacon, but the Tantive IV likely wanted to loose any persuers so several evasive stops or hyperspace routes may have been required. This all takes time even in a fictional universe.

The book TARKIN does a nice job with a similar scenario tracking, following and persuing an evading rebel ship through hyperspace. It's not at all a strait forward chase like a car chase on TV.

This itself would make for a good short story! Maybe we need a Rogue 2!

Last edited:
It's not just about right or wrong. I can accept that Vader can have more than one suit. However the problem in this movie is the fit. The parts all look beautiful and profesional, but nothing fits properly. A lot of the 1:1 displays on this and other forums look better than the R1 because we have taken the time to study how these parts are supposed to fit to look proper. I've seen displays with some of the best replica parts money can buy but just thrown on a mannequin and they look horrible if not fitted correctly to the mannequin's body. By the same token I've seen displays with mediocre parts that when nicely fitted, are made to look like a million bucks.

Last edited:
It's not just about right or wrong. I can accept that Vader can have more than one suit. However the problem in this movie is the fit. The parts all look beautiful and profesional, but nothing fits properly. A lot of the 1:1 displays on this and other forums look better than the R1 because we have taken the time to study how these pets are supposed to fit to look proper. I've seen displays with some of the best replace parts money can buy but just thrown on a mannequin and they look horrible if not fitted correctly to the mannequin's body. By the same token I've seen displays with mediocre parts that when nicely fitted, are made to look like a million bucks.

This I would have to agree with. The shoe has to fit as the old saying goes.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back