Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Post-release)

IMO, there are probably a lot of Corellian corvettes running around. Rebels usually use types of ships because they are plentiful or cheap. I would guess rebel ships usually have multiple call names to get through Imperial areas. We really have no idea the time is between R1 and ANH. Besides it being a Corellian corvette, how does Vader know the ship he caught is the same one?

It seems pretty easy to believe those on the ship would deny it. "Must have been one of the hundreds of other Corellian corvettes, sir. Plus we have a senator WTH would we be doing near some rebel fleet"

Makes sense to me.

IMO, there are probably a lot of Corellian corvettes running around. Rebels usually use types of ships because they are plentiful or cheap. I would guess rebel ships usually have multiple call names to get through Imperial areas. We really have no idea the time is between R1 and ANH. Besides it being a Corellian corvette, how does Vader know the ship he caught is the same one?

It seems pretty easy to believe those on the ship would deny it. "Must have been one of the hundreds of other Corellian corvettes, sir. Plus we have a senator WTH would we be doing near some rebel fleet"

Makes sense to me.

Yes we see 3 of them jumping away from the scene before Vader arrives

J

I haven't ventured into the thread about Jyn's blaster yet, but what was the melee weapon she pulled out on Jedha? Was it unfolded or such from her blaster? I swear it looked like she turned it into something similar to a police baton.

I haven't ventured into the thread about Jyn's blaster yet, but what was the melee weapon she pulled out on Jedha? Was it unfolded or such from her blaster? I swear it looked like she turned it into something similar to a police baton.

you are exactly right! she did turn it into a baton, or like i call it a "death stick".

this video here shows her explaining how it unfolds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvAIy6Go7iA

How about:

Because it's a flipping movie! Not everything is going to make sense or be as you would like it to be.

I know this is the internet and we don't have lives, but really.

The majority of people like it. It has made 2/3 of a Billion dollars already. If you don't like it, that's a shame but get over it, it's just a movie.

Wow i thought this was a discussion thread. Sorry. I'll stick to thoughtless praise only. :facepalm

i love how hey rewrote 1/3rd of it... it really shows!!!

Wow i thought this was a discussion thread. Sorry. I'll stick to thoughtless praise only. :facepalm

i love how hey rewrote 1/3rd of it... it really shows!!!

You need to put down the bong occasionally dude.

And who is hey? and what 1/3 of what did he rewrite (as this apparently has nothing to do with anything I typed).

See, Leia was supposed to be on a mission to get Obi-Wan, not blowing up the Empire at Skarif. It makes no sense for her to be there, narratively or in terms of continuity. And ANH already establishes this. So, it really ends up looking like they botch some details in the name of little more than fan service.

Maybe I'm missing something, but everything I ever heard related to retrieving the Death Star plans was that Leia's ship flies by the planet and the rebels on the ground transmit the plans to her. She then goes to Hyperspace and pops out at Tatooine to retrieve Obi Wan. Vader follows her and then ANH happens. There's never been anything (that was canon) that said there was an intermediary between Leia getting them and going to Tatooine. What doesn't fit?

As for the Death Star's aim on Scariff, this is like asking why the Marine fired the Javelin at the side of the house and not through the window. Same result.

My question is more ANH based, but how much freedom did Tarkin have to choose targets? I'm guessing the Emperor must have given him a list of planets that he could blow up. They got their use out of Scariff and because it was a Jedi site it was okayed. Alderaan, though, is a major part of the Empire. I'm thinking the Emperor already knew or suspected they were aiding the Rebels, but couldn't prove it until Leia got captured.

And who is hey? and what 1/3 of what did he rewrite (as this apparently has nothing to do with anything I typed).

it was a typo... I'm on a phone. why are you trying to pick a fight? It's critique of a flick in a discussion thread.

the movie was rewritten heavily... that may have lead to a lot of the issues I have.

15493735_10155564391657542_6302095904726380836_o.jpg

My question is more ANH based, but how much freedom did Tarkin have to choose targets? I'm guessing the Emperor must have given him a list of planets that he could blow up. They got their use out of Scariff and because it was a Jedi site it was okayed. Alderaan, though, is a major part of the Empire. I'm thinking the Emperor already knew or suspected they were aiding the Rebels, but couldn't prove it until Leia got captured.

IMO, Tarkin had free reign to do as he pleased unless he was going to be specifically directed by the Emperor. Nothing he could do would really harm the Emperor's plans. (Besides get the DS blown up)

it was a typo... I'm on a phone. why are you trying to pick a fight? It's critique of a flick in a discussion thread.

the movie was rewritten heavily... that may have lead to a lot of the issues I have.
Can we all just get along and agree to hate BvS?

Can we all just get along and agree to hate BvS?

......I liked that movie.....

nah, I can't do it. I don't want to be THAT positive ******** ;o)..

https://soundcloud.com/user-340711944/rogue-one

I have to disagree with the mads on this one. they seem to generally like this one because of it's 'serious reality' ness and because of it's 'diverse cast'.
to me, the fact that it did have so much of a reality to it, is that it made it feel less star wars because we saw less droids and less fantastical creatures. and the diverse cast nonsense. who cares who's in it, so long as they came to be in it naturally, and arn't there to make a statement about being a diverse cast just for the sake of it. I'd like the diverse cast alot more so long as it wasn't being shoved down my throat as the main reason this movie is good. smh.

the fact that they don't like the rather more fantastical elements of the star wars saga makes me feel they are aging out of it as they grow older. i wonder if their review would have been different say, mid 80s.

I was always under the impression that Tarkin had full freedom to use the Death Star pretty much as he pleased, including choosing which planets to target. It seemed that by the time of ANH Tarkin was the highest ranking member of the Imperial military and had the full trust of the Emperor and was given free reign to do what he pleased since he was completely loyal to the Empire and the Emperor and knew what he was doing. It was also mentioned in the dialogue that the Imperial Senate had been disbanded and now Moffs would govern their sectors directly and given the freedom to govern how they pleased.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back