Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Post-release)

I never thought about the image of the death Star entering hyperspace. They missed a real opportunity to wow us on that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

But would seeing that kind of fast movement make the ridiculous wait to be "in range" to destroy the rebel base... I dunno... kinda non sensical?

But would seeing that kind of fast movement make the ridiculous wait to be "in range" to destroy the rebel
base... I dunno... kinda non sensical?

You not gonna go to hyper space to move a few klicks . the " in range" was they was a planet between them and the moon the rebels were on . which makes sense they did not arrive at the battle in perfect alignment with there target . they were the per vial tank lining up a shot . you might fly the tank to the battle field it still has to get in position to make the shot .

Yeah I know they aren't going to jump a few clicks. But now we're talking a station with the ability to map stars so there isn't a collision, can't map it so they come out on the clear end?

It's a planet in infinite space. set your coordinates so you don't show up behind a moon, but a few clicks to the right of it.

you might fly the tank to the battle field it still has to get in position to make the shot .

What you said.

Additionally if the Rebels know your comming, they might just drop an asteroid in your path to ruin your day. Best to come out of Hyperspace at a safe distance. Emperor hates getting scratches on new paint.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm just sayin, we obviously KNOW it can jump through space... but not SHOWING it makes the audience forget to question it.

Best not to draw attention

*like showing Jedi's run like the flash in the same movie where Obi can't run fast enough to catch up to Maul. Best not to show anything at all.

Yeah I know they aren't going to jump a few clicks. But now
we're talking a station with the ability to map stars so there isn't a collision, can't map it so they come out on the clear end?

It's a planet in infinite space. set your coordinates so you don't show up behind a moon, but a few clicks to the right of it.

But then they would have blown up the rebel base killing Leia and that means no slave Leia so no just no .

And what did you think of Tarkin and Leia?

As for your theater experience, that sounds like a nightmare! You missed FIFTEEN minutes in the middle of the movie?! God, that sucks.

The Wook

I was OK with both.

How the hell else are they going to tell this story. The tools are there (to re-create digitally) so why not use them? Indistinguishably life-like perfect humans is the hardest thing to pass off to - well, humans. So we have to take it with a grain of salt and go with it.

And FLOG me, but I thought Leia was better than Tarkin.

But regarding Tarkin, here's something to chew on. Even if Cushing was still with us (and at an appropriate age), he may still have seemed "off" or different. Is Ford's Last Crusade Indy the same exact Indy as the Raiders character? Or was the costume, the man, and the performance a bit different? Or "off"..?

Outside the Yavin hanger in the scene where the communications officer is running to tell Mon that the attack was happening on Skarif, you can see him lower left of frame rolling out of the shot.

Not sure if anyone else posted it.................

Chopper.jpg

Not sure if anyone else posted it.................

View attachment 692174

That's awesome. And they made that Capt Syndulla reference, I just wish we would have seen the Ghost, especially since when Rebels comes back in January they are doing a two part "Ghosts of Geonosis" story arc with ties into Catalyst. And this guy will be on it....
9a2e8c2fc1dcff926a38879a58611da6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing I've noticed is there was never an expansive shot of the Yavin hangar. Most of the shots looked out, which is fine, but there wasn't the one where it looks like it's a mile deep. It looked like it was two x-wings deep, tops.

The ship the heros used was a u wing correct? One of the books out mentions the leader of blue squadron kept a close watch on his blue group and their u wings?
Does a U wing carry many people or is it just a starfighter. I thought blue group flew x wings?

There definitely were X-Wings in Blue group. I don't know if it had U-Wings...but they were around and assigned to someone!

U-Wings can carry several people. It's what they were in on that first mission to get/kill Jyn's dad--plenty of elbow room.

- - - Updated - - -

"Now she is my only link to finding their secret base."

Didn't you just capture an entire Calamari cruiser's worth of rebels? And the crew of the Tantive, for that matter.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back