Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Post-release)

not only Does the ending make the princesses comments about being on a diplomatic mission not make sense but the fact ( I always thought a bit strange ) that they let the pod with the droids on it escape saying it was a malfunction even more ridiculous. I always assumed it was more like a traffic stop situation where Vader surmised she would have the plans. they literally just chased them down from a battle looking for stolen plans and an escape pod leaves and these Nimrods just watch it go .

Still I have to love a movie where all the rebal scum die horrible deaths for a frivolous cause.
LONG LIVE THE EMPEROR !

I'd have to argue against the diplomatic mission part not making sense. I believe that Leia was making an excuse as a lie to that and Vader called her out on her BS.

I'm so happy it didn't turn into a love story at the end. I feel Hollywood has made that mistake so many times. I also enjoyed how this movie runs right into a New Hope, like minutes after the Scariff battle

i was thinking in the middle of the movie if we would see any of the Rogue One characters in future films but then they started getting blown up one after another lol

Totally agree on the love story aspect.

It would be interesting to see if any of the characters pop up in future anthology films as they are not being made in a linear time fashion. Could be room to play a little there.

I'd have to argue against the diplomatic mission part not making sense. I believe that Leia was making an excuse as a lie to that and Vader called her out on her BS.
Totally.

Princess Leia Organa: Darth Vader. Only you could be so bold. The Imperial Senate will not sit still for this. When they hear you've attacked a diplomatic... Darth Vader: Don't act so surprised, Your Highness. You weren't on any mercy mission this time. Several transmissions were beamed to this ship by rebel spies. I want to know what happened to the plans they sent you.
Princess Leia Organa: I don't know what you're talking about. I am a member of the Imperial Senate on a diplomatic mission to Alderaan...
Darth Vader: You are part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor! Take her away!

Not sure if I remember it correctly, I'm trying to recreate the badge on Galen's scientist uniform on Eadu. Can anybody confirm this is correct. All I remember is that it's a hexagon with 6 off-center lines

8344a65ba78e72037a9dd66b250b875f.png

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'd have to argue against the diplomatic mission part not
making sense. I believe that Leia was making an excuse as a lie to that and Vader called her out on her BS.

Yeah I can pretty much accept that but then the pod wizzing away ?

You know those guys got busted to tattooin duty where they totally let the droids get away again .

Last edited:
Leia was on a mission to bring Obi Wan to Alderaan so why was she at the battle rather than in hyperspace on the way to Tatooine?

I just saw it. Although it's a much better film than TFA, I still long for the days when star wars was a space opera. Who would imagine that there would be a star wars movie that you can't take your kids to? Then again, you can't take your kids to see Batman movies either.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Has anyone heard an official source comment definitively on whether or not Scarif was Lehon/Rakata Prime?

I realize that just because it is a tropical beach/jungle planet doesn't mean it has to be Lehon. And if I recall the canon map from the TFA VD, Rakata Prime was in the Unknown Regions, while Scarif appears to be in the Outer Rim.

...after typing all that, I guess I just answered my own question. Still, it would have been a nice KOTOR tie-in.

Yes, I am guessing they jumped to hyperspace, thinking they eluded the Empire, only to get nabbed anyway over Tatooine, and tried to play innocent.

"No, that wasn't us at the Battle of Scarif. You must have us confused with another Corellian corvette."

I was standing in line at the theater this morning when my wife called me broken down on the side of the road with an overheated car. Long story short I got the car home, took her to work, ran her errands, and replaced the thermostat instead of taking in a second viewing of R1. I'm only bummed that I didn't think to get a refund before I left as the movie was 1.5 hours before starting.

I did go see for a 2nd time today and I liked it even more. I was trying to figure out why I was feeling so weird after the movie even though I enjoyed it. I think it was just that feeling of melancholy because the main crew died. I'm not a big fan of main people dying and I understand it makes the movie a bit better but still. Ugh, the feels.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back