Potential new Star Wars ABC TV show...

Well sure, they do have to earn a profit on the show. But let them get their money from advertisers, not right outta the fans' pockets.

The Wook

Im with you on that one. Make it more accessible to everyone. I'll be waiting for the bluray if the new ST is any good. Don't need multiple pay services.

Ben

Well sure, they do have to earn a profit on the show. But let them get their money from advertisers, not right outta the fans' pockets.

The Wook

Just in the abstract but that model of content delivery is slowly dying off. Everyone should begin to prepare for the day when streaming services usurp the traditional TV advertising driven model.

My issue with the CBS/Trek setup isn't that they're trying to make money off Star Trek, it's that they're trying to use it to support a service that i'm guessing 90% of the trek audience has no interest in paying for..

If you want to derive money directly from trek, fine. Run it thorugh itunes, or if cbs simply HAS to own the distribution method, create an itunes clone where people can pay for just that show.

Now, as for the star wars show. I'm sure between Disney/LFL/ABC the biggest interest in it right now is from ABC. It'll never get outside 'the family'. ABC would likely kill to get it. It's a matter of getting LFL on board at this point. It'd be easy to differentiate. Just go back 500-1000 years pre-TPM and knock yourselves out. There'd be little to no continuity to maintain or story to balance with the movies.

Lol...alright, well at least we've got another 24 years of the good ol' boob tube!

:D

Yeah, given 4K TVs are getting pretty mainstream, Samsung rolled out their 8K TV a couple years ago, we've got Hulu and Roku and Netflix and OnDemand and TiVo and a couple networks already have proprietary streaming services... And many folks are still using analog TVs (with digital converters) with rabbit-ears, and VHS players. Inertia is going to keep broadcast television around for a bit longer, even as the majority shifts to asynchronous viewing via other means.

--Jonah

:D

Yeah, given 4K TVs are getting pretty mainstream, Samsung rolled out their 8K TV a couple years ago, we've got Hulu and Roku and Netflix and OnDemand and TiVo and a couple networks already have proprietary streaming services... And many folks are still using analog TVs (with digital converters) with rabbit-ears, and VHS players. Inertia is going to keep broadcast television around for a bit longer, even as the majority shifts to asynchronous viewing via other means.

--Jonah

I wish i could find a vhs player that wasn't so cheaply made you get 6 months out of it or i'd still be watching that lol.

regardless.....

you'll never be rid of the 'advertisers'.. so streaming, boob tube.. whatever.. there will always be money to traded for advertisements on popular shows/services. (it doesnt matter the medium really.. its the large target audience that matters)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back