World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 3/27/2017

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 3/31/2016

Thanks! The entire costume weighs in at approx 25 pounds

Dude thats it?! Thats awesome! God I love this build. So start to finish, how look did it actually take? Budget going to be released soon? =)

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 3/31/2016

Dude thats it?! Thats awesome! God I love this build. So start to finish, how look did it actually take? Budget going to be released soon? =)

I started mid December and finished mid March. Once I finish the build thread I have a special pic detailing the cost breakdown :)

I love your build thread and look forward to more postings of YOUR techniques.

Warcraft Orc Fur - I will be honest nothing pissed me off more than the combination of spray adhesive, Barge cement, and fake fur. I swear there were random threads sticking to everything!!! But the end result looks pretty cool so I guess it was worth it :) Before the fur was added I glued some more of the upholstery foam on the bottom of the shoulder pads to lift them up and out. For the fur trim I got some fake camel fur off of Amazon with a descent length and neutral color. Cutting from the back with some leather sheers minimized the amount of fur lost at the cut line. The fur was then doubled over and glued together using the 3m 74 spray adhesive. Once that had dried the strips were glued onto the shoulder pads and gloves with Barge cement

edUSpLoh.jpg

7cPbwo4h.jpg

Q6u0a0Zh.jpg

qG2mjxlh.jpg

fcXpBh0h.jpg

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 4/4/2016

Warcraft Orc Teeth - To bring this Warcraft Orc cosplay to life I know that the face would have to look pretty cool. So I spent some extra time making sure that the teeth looked awesome. The teeth were painted with Liquitex acrylics ( Raw Sienna, Indian Yellow, Unbleached Titanium, and Parchment ) But the real trick was coating them with 5 minute epoxy. This gives the teeth and lips a gloss appearance that really stands out right next to the skin. The nose and tooth rings were sculpted out of Apoxi Sculpt and painted with Rich and Bright Silver along with a little silver Rub and Buff.

gYhfuJGh.jpg

OcYQJtqh.jpg

5r6ILrYh.jpg

oCXEYlrh.jpg

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 4/5/2016

LOVED your work mate! Absolutely stunning, you have inspired me to take part in the upcoming comic con in Mumbai and I would like to make one for myself. This would be EPIC !!!
Anxiously waiting for you to update this post till the end :D Please update - genuine request :)

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 4/5/2016

Warcraft Orc Axe - Sorry about the delay in updates I was up in Seattle for Emerald City Comicon. Lets go ahead and finish up the axe part of the build. The axe surface is heat treated and coated with plasti dip just like the rest of the armor. Once it had sufficient time to dry I sprayed on some Rustoleum Dark Silver and mixed in some Brushed Nickel. The face plates were kept separate until the painting was competed since leds would be shinning through the cutouts. I wasn't concerned about making the handle looking to pretty since it would be covered by his hand anyway.
Very thin plexi glass was sanded on the back to diffuse the light of the leds and glued onto the face plates. Once the plates were attached I black washed all of the metal with Liquitex Mars Black. Then highlights were applied to the surface using Liquitex Rich and Bright Silver. The rust color was achieved using Liquitex Raw Sienna and dry brushed over strategic places. Some scrap fur was added to the top and handle for authenticity and to cover up the seams. Then like a giant action figure I slide the axe into his hand and turned on the lights.

JimxQMVh.jpg

twuoIUgh.jpg

MPIImkih.jpg

DUrhi0Bh.jpg

Hey SKS awesome build, I've been following it on DeviantArt and have been keeping up to date on it here as well though I just made this account to ask you something. Earlier you linked the mask latex that you bought and I was wondering how much of that did you use? I am planning something big, though completely different and I was wondering how much the latex itself cost.

Hey SKS awesome build, I've been following it on DeviantArt and have been keeping up to date on it here as well though I just made this account to ask you something. Earlier you linked the mask latex that you bought and I was wondering how much of that did you use? I am planning something big, though completely different and I was wondering how much the latex itself cost.

http://www.monstermakers.com/product/RD407-Mask-Latex-for-Halloween-Masks-and-Props.html

I used approx 1/3 of the container

Of the 32oz or the gallon? Just curious pretty big price difference there XD I did an experiment you can achieve a similar effect using layers of plastidip, not sure how well it would work over larger areas but for smaller one it works well. You can take some 60 grit sandpaper to the bits of fluff to smooth it out. Trying to figure out which would be the cheaper method.

Of the 32oz or the gallon? Just curious pretty big price difference there XD I did an experiment you can achieve a similar effect using layers of plastidip, not sure how well it would work over larger areas but for smaller one it works well. You can take some 60 grit sandpaper to the bits of fluff to smooth it out. Trying to figure out which would be the cheaper method.

I went ahead and purchased the gallon kit

Warcraft Orc Tabard - I really wanted a fabric that looked like it had some weight to it. I purchased some high end upholstery fabric from Joann's ( always bring your coupons and get their app to double dip ) I patterned it by using the draping method and did a rough cut out with scissors. I sewed the 2 halves together at the shoulders with a machine. All of the fake stitching is cosmetic and was achieved by dying some cotton thread in an acrylic bath to get rid of the stark white. To get that battle worn look I spent some time distressing the fabric on my belt sander and rubbing the whole thing on my grass (no joke)

uHCk8XFh.jpg

QsS38NAh.jpg

lZLk6twh.jpg

gbjJqjDh.jpg

sAcxLekh.jpg

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 4/15/2016

Warcraft Orc Shoulder Straps - The shoulder straps gave me quite a time because I was trying to over think them. I was envisioning ways where they clip onto the muscle suit, have elastic running in front and back, etc. Then it came to me what if they were strapped like they were real (light bulb) So I designed a 4 way strap the hooks into the front of each pad and crosses in the back. The center ring for the straps was sculpted out of apoxi sculpt. The straps themselves are multiple layers of foam cut into strips and glued together with Barge cement.

BZv7WlHh.jpg

pH5UJnqh.jpg

BE0PC6ah.jpg

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 4/15/2016

I was following this build before ECCC and then saw you in a panel there. It was a great panel and this is an amazing build! :)

By the way....were do you get your 3inch foam .........

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 4/18/2016

Warcraft Orc Test Fit - This was the first time all of the pieces came together in their completed forms. The test fit was primarily to see if I had any issues with the armor catching on other pieces and to make sure that everything stayed in place when walking.
I really like these behind the scenes shots though because it shows what went into making it and the scale.

qFMokVoh.jpg

9k3isEbh.jpg

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 4/18/2016

Again great work....I think im going to try and make this for a local Halloween party.....they have 5k for costumes so to win would be Wahoo....and then on to comic con...im a little bigger than you so mine will take on a different shape though...Ill have to see

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back