Rey's Blaster - All Metal Build With Videos - S2Jesse

As a educated metalworker who's used to work within hundreds of a millimeters i'm not that impressed with what work we see from so called "propmakers/propmasters".

Wow Jesse it keeps getting better and better. I'm with the other guys who love watching CNC and regular mill/ lathe videos. You've helped me out a lot, I only have an air setup on the CNC I use (shopbot desktop) but was worried I would need cutting fluid. i also see you have the PCNC 1100, Last week I watched about 6 hours of youtube video's of one of them. I think the PCNC 1100 and the 15L Slant Lathe are an amazing combination. Keep the video's coming!

Thanks. And yep. With aluminum the main issue is getting the chips out of the way and blasting with air does a great job of it. Tormach also just came out with the 440 its getting pretty good reviews. Its really damn solid for its size and even has a faster spindle than the 1100. It just has a smaller working envelope but a good bit cheaper.

Jesse

Nicely done man, love it. I checked a higher rez version of the film yesterday, and glad to say the 7 hole version I saw in the low rez shot posted on the first page of this thread, doesn't actually exist, also the groove across the front plate doesn't seem to exist on screen as well. Really lovely job Jesse. Damn I need some more money for some machinery. :)

I noticed that too. I really couldn't see the groove in the front. I cant rule it out because i just couldn't get a clear enough shot to be 100%. I did notice the 2 screws in the front plate in the film seem to match closer to visual dictionary pic vs launch bay but still cant quite make out a groove.

Little buffing before i start to play with weathering :) oooh shiny.

buffed.jpg

I think you might have the grips on backwards. I think the curved detail at the top goes on the inside...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking awesome , great job !!! Have you pictures of 3d printed one finish , for comparison from each other ?

Looks awesome Jesse. Top job mate. I'm almost on my safety switch now, Did you continue the slot out of the bottom of your adjuster ?
20160201_081531.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back