The Definitive Marvel's Daredevil thread

As for the 8800R, mcdavid sent one to me by accident, there is no hexagon pattenr, its the mcdavid M pattern

https://m.reddit.com/r/cosplay/comments/347qzz/self_my_netflix_daredevil_black_mask_suit_for/
This guy has the 8800R and it has the hexes on it, this is the one I have bought.

I know I'm late to the party but I'm just starting a "man in the black mask" suit and thanks to this thread and this guy on reddit I'm going to be pretty darn screen accurate. Thanks everyone!

Thought it was time for an update! I finished repainting my cowl today to match the beginning of the 2nd season. Believe it or not, this is my second attempt at painting one of these cowls. My previous one that I received last week turned to a sticky mess after attempting to paint it. I'm not sure what it is, but you HAVE to do super light coats of paint on these things. The first time I painted one, I used a filler primer, then a few thin coats followed by one thick coat of a rustoleum satin finish cinnamon color. I let it dry overnight. When I went to check on it, the thing was still (and is still today, 3 days later) super sticky and tacky, with paint coming off in random parts. I ended up just ordering a second one from Amazon with 2-day shipping and buying all new paints! I did everything the same the 2nd time except for super light coats of all the paints. There's no tackiness except for the inside part of the nose and eye section, not sure why. It still needs to be clear coated, but I think it turned out pretty nicely! As for the cosplaysky suit, I'm insanely impressed. The photos on their site don't even come close to showing it justice. It looks a lot darker in person, but my phone makes it look pretty bright. The fabric looks pretty damn close to the one used on screen. It's not like those other "pleathery" ones I've seen all over. The best part is the mobility. The top part is actually 3 separate pieces. An under tunic with a pretty large hood, the undershirt, and the vest section. I ended up ordering a standard medium so that I could do my own tailoring. For the price, its DEFINITELY worth it! I'll be sure to take some better photos once the full suit is done!
12495152_10207684871551844_3601423980919953233_n.jpg20160330_203611.jpg20160330_203633.jpg20160330_203850.jpg20160330_204123.jpg20160330_203931.jpg20160330_203949.jpg20160330_204116.jpg20160330_204045.jpg20160330_204123.jpg

Thank you for posting this....I have been looking at the Coplaysky DD suit for awhile, but never sure about the quality of these cosplay sites. I once got a Cap suit and it was great quality, but the size was all over the place. But after seeing your post, definitely gonna by one. Did you go through their store or ebay store? Thanks:)

https://m.reddit.com/r/cosplay/comments/347qzz/self_my_netflix_daredevil_black_mask_suit_for/
This guy has the 8800R and it has the hexes on it, this is the one I have bought.

Literally the page after the post I quoted PcFish was on haha, sorry for the ignorant looking post

For anyone in the UK I've found these gloves, which aren't screen accurate but look very good for the price, and 5 star reviews all round on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0190M644Y/ref=cm_sw_r_other_awd_WKn.wbWS6HAEB

Thought it was time for an update! I finished repainting my cowl today to match the beginning of the 2nd season. Believe it or not, this is my second attempt at painting one of these cowls. My previous one that I received last week turned to a sticky mess after attempting to paint it. I'm not sure what it is, but you HAVE to do super light coats of paint on these things. The first time I painted one, I used a filler primer, then a few thin coats followed by one thick coat of a rustoleum satin finish cinnamon color. I let it dry overnight. When I went to check on it, the thing was still (and is still today, 3 days later) super sticky and tacky, with paint coming off in random parts. I ended up just ordering a second one from Amazon with 2-day shipping and buying all new paints! I did everything the same the 2nd time except for super light coats of all the paints. There's no tackiness except for the inside part of the nose and eye section, not sure why. It still needs to be clear coated, but I think it turned out pretty nicely! As for the cosplaysky suit, I'm insanely impressed. The photos on their site don't even come close to showing it justice. It looks a lot darker in person, but my phone makes it look pretty bright. The fabric looks pretty damn close to the one used on screen. It's not like those other "pleathery" ones I've seen all over. The best part is the mobility. The top part is actually 3 separate pieces. An under tunic with a pretty large hood, the undershirt, and the vest section. I ended up ordering a standard medium so that I could do my own tailoring. For the price, its DEFINITELY worth it! I'll be sure to take some better photos once the full suit is done!
View attachment 609628View attachment 609632View attachment 609631View attachment 609630View attachment 609629View attachment 609634View attachment 609633View attachment 609636View attachment 609635View attachment 609629

That looks surprisingly good for the price! I was looking at this suit until I can afford a proper one, but wasn't sure on the quality either.. What size are you normally, if you don't mind? Wondering if I should get their custom sizing or go for a standard size and try and alter myself.. I'm 185cm and 72kg so fairly tall and skinny :l

Hey that's me! Thank this thread lol. I was just lucky enough to be one of the early rush to buy all the brand name stuff.
Actually updated my black suit recently.

ZhOPc7c.jpg

I know I'm late to the party but I'm just starting a "man in the black mask" suit and thanks to this thread and this guy on reddit I'm going to be pretty darn screen accurate. Thanks everyone!

Hey that's me! Thank this thread lol. I was just lucky enough to be one of the early rush to buy all the brand name stuff.

View attachment 611172

I've managed to get hold of most of it too, picking up my shirt in a couple of hours so we'll see if it's right, I'm not holding out much hope but fingers crossed! I'm not going to bother with the pants and the screen accurate gloves as they were way too expensive for my budget, but the boots I'll splash out on as I need a good set for walking etc! I have a pair of leggings on the way, how did you tie them?

I've managed to get hold of most of it too, picking up my shirt in a couple of hours so we'll see if it's right, I'm not holding out much hope but fingers crossed! I'm not going to bother with the pants and the screen accurate gloves as they were way too expensive for my budget, but the boots I'll splash out on as I need a good set for walking etc! I have a pair of leggings on the way, how did you tie them?

Yeah I lucked out on the Bates, bought them used on Ebay. Got them in a size smaller than usual but they fit perfect and super comfortable.

For the mask, if you look in the thread I posted an imgur link for how I cut the leggings and wrapped the masquerade mask and tied them. I'm at work right now so I can't get on Reddit right now. But the knot was a regular over under dealy like tying your shoes. Then I took both ends and wrapped it around the knot I made to make it look like a ball and tucked it in itself. For my newer mask I trimmed the masquerade mask a bit to get a better forehead shape.

View attachment 611172

Yeah I lucked out on the Bates, bought them used on Ebay. Got them in a size smaller than usual but they fit perfect and super comfortable.

For the mask, if you look in the thread I posted an imgur link for how I cut the leggings and wrapped the masquerade mask and tied them. I'm at work right now so I can't get on Reddit right now. But the knot was a regular over under dealy like tying your shoes. Then I took both ends and wrapped it around the knot I made to make it look like a ball and tucked it in itself. For my newer mask I trimmed the masquerade mask a bit to get a better forehead shape.

Cool, I'll try it as soon as they get here. I bought a medium pair already and realised they'd be way too small after unstitching them I'm just using a paper mache mask at the moment but I'm dubious of the durability of it.

It came with the hexes! Indescribably stoked!

tumblr_inline_nn8u9nBnpF1t0f23o_1280.jpg
Anyone have general dimensions for the billy clubs? I found this picture on Google, it's kind of how I want mine to look.
I have a friend who has a custom shift knob business. He could easily do something like this on his lathe and thread the inside of an aluminum pipe for me. I want to spring load it and have it pop out.

EDIT: Or better pictures of the one in S2.

first time posting but just read through pretty much all of these pages in the last 2 days haha! But im trying to put together "the man without fear" or black outfit!

sadly im not made of money and will have to go with as close as i can while still being a good looking outfit!

right now i only have the shirt, i got the "epic mma" shirt from amazon because it was the cheapest and has high reviews and the red lining.

Right now im just focusing on the three main parts! shirt, pants, and boots. Everything else will come later with more money and more time to look things up!

But right now i need accurate pants! But can not afford the G-star ones just to expensive, so if anyone has put together a outfit without the screen accurate pants please send me a link to which ones you are using! or a picture of you wearing your outfit so i can see how they fit!

also are you supposed to tuck in the shirt into the pants or not? cause i think i got a size to small for the shirt cause whenever i raise my arms above my head it turns into a belly shirt haha!

and note would prefer to have them be a bit skinnier like in the show, some pants i have seen just look super baggy and flow over the boots! thank you in advance!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back