Greeblie packs for studio scale models - and other random stuff

moffeaton

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm loaning some parts for the Escape Pod, Y-Wing, Sandcrawler, etc etc to a friend's company, who plans to cast and sell them as greeblie packs. Thought you guys would want to know this could be a nice resource for your builds. Especially with Dave G's Y-wing open source project!

More info when I have it - it's still "early days"... and the content might change a little. Four theoretical packs, content-wise:

12477016_10154063546608156_624394892_o.jpg12751782_10154063546463156_909434600_o.jpg12528466_10154063546363156_1003594097_o.jpg12499034_10154063546243156_936018655_o.jpg

Looks great. I'd definitely be in for some sets (X, Y, Sandcrawler). Although I don't recognise these set pics as i haven't researched the vehicles yet.

Bear in mind these are not "vehicle-centric sets" but have elements of stuff that's useful. It's not going to be complete, but we may be able to grow the "range" if these are successful, and I think they will be, judging by Facebook reactions!

Yeah this is what I have been waiting for. I'm a late bloomer to the RPF and missed the days where casts of these pieces were floating around. I'll be watching the progress of this for sure. Thanks for the heads up Jason

That is so incredibly generous of you to set this up! I would be very interested! After I get all my Tie Bomber supplies I'll need a new set of parts to work on gathering. Would definitely be interested in any "kits" containing space vehicle parts (tie interceptor, x-wing, etc.). Very cool offering!

Great idea. Would there be much in the way of Falcon parts as some people myself included might want to upgrade some of the not so accurate parts on there builds. I understand if you reply is you get what you get :)

I'll ask this and run for the door, I guess. Is there a set or are there sets that will turn this Red Jammer into a Gold Leader or a Gold Y in general? Or at least really close to it?

Man, this is the only time the sight of plastic really excites me. Well, actually I can think of two other reasons but that's a different type of model.

Joe

That wasn't a goal, but there are some pieces for Triangles and Gold Leader in these sets!

I'll ask this and run for the door, I guess. Is there a set or are there sets that will turn this Red Jammer into a Gold Leader or a Gold Y in general? Or at least really close to it?

- - - Updated - - -

Man, this is the only time the sight of plastic really excites me. Well, actually I can think of two other reasons but that's a different type of model.

Joe

LOL! Runway or catalog?

So just to stave off any "does it have _______ parts in it?" - it is what it is, and the goal is not to make ship-specific sets.

It's just "greeblie sets" for model builders, but since I'm a big studio scale builder, a lot of parts I know we always want/need are in there.

This is on Triangles, for example. Pic #3 in the middle ;)

Screen Shot 2016-03-16 at 9.44.38 PM.png

Yeeehaaaahh!!!
I'm very interested too.
waiting ansious.for more details.

(please, please.... Would you include a Matra Rim? :$)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back