Dragoncon 2015

As the nerd said, I'm not freaking out AS MUCH as I was last week, but I'm still frantically trying to finish stuff.

But also, does anyone know where the big list of photoshoots is? Have I missed it? Trying to decide what to take/when to wear what, and no idea yet?

Here is a list for all the really big photo shoots. Let me know if theirs any more information you may need. Thanks.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12ReM2ehOCHsOdSZ5CzMUo_u56IXvmVE8mBKN-DveT90/edit

https://www.facebook.com/groups/dconphotos/

16178_927020447328847_8504437810891780306_n.jpg

In for the meetup. Crap missed the cut off. Still will be there.

I have added your name to the list, I apologize for the inconvenience of not meeting the deadline for a custom badge. Though we are more then happy to have you join us at the meet, we can't wait to meet you.

Last edited:
even if the lanyard doesnt have the RPF logo on it its still an amazing souvenir. obviously it will be even more epic if they actually add the logo, but even without the logo i will be happy.

Posted on fb by beatdownboogie

Here are our Dragon Con tips. Do you have any to add?
BDB's DRAGON CON TIPS:
1. We all go to D-Con to have a good time. Try to leave negative energy behind. Hotels can get crowded, lines can get long - but we're all in it together and there's plenty of fun to be had. So in the words of Frozen, "let it go" and go with the flow.
2. Pack snacks. If you're running around and don't have time for a full meal, bring something you can eat quickly such as protein bars. Bringing snacks can also save you a few bucks. (This also applies to beverages).
3. Find the Peachtree Food Court. Hotel restaurants are pricey. The food court has dozens of options at regular prices. Unless you're craving the most popular eateries, you can get food pretty quickly. Finding a table to sit down at on the other hand....
4. You probably won't figure out the hotel layouts during your first Dragon Con. Leave some time just to wander and take it all in. Don't over-schedule yourself.
5. Dragon Con has a reputation of being more adult-oriented with a laid-back drinking policy. So it's up to all of us to remain respectful of everyone around us - so we can make sure the party-friendly policies we enjoy stay in place.
6. If you're uncomfortable with crowds, avoid the Marriott on Saturday afternoon. If you have crowd issues, the Hyatt and Hilton might be slightly less intense. The Westin and Sheraton (host hotels a few blocks from the Marriott) are bound to be more chill, or you can go over to Hardy Ivy Park and get some fresh air and see cosplayers.
7. Comfortable shoes. Dragon Con is hard on feet.
8. The parade on Saturday morning is cool.
9. Bring a "party" costume. Something comfortable and fun you can lounge in.
10. It doesn't matter if you're wearing a masterfully-crafted costume, or just a silly outfit you threw together - it's fun to add to the weird atmosphere of Dragon Con.
11. Dragon Con has a community vibe. For every 10,000 awesome friendly people, one jerk manages to slip in. Chances are you'll never run into him, but look out for each other, like a big family.
12. I don't know how tickets-at-the-door works, but a good convention rule in general is to be able to pay in cash or card, in case there are separate lines and one is quicker than another.

Last edited by a moderator:
WAHHHH!!! SO MUCH TO DO!!!

Remaking the quiver from Arrow seasons 1-3. Need to add eyelets to the boots of my Arrow costume (purchased from someone else, but the eyelets started coming off after the second time I laced them). And finally belts and strap. Girlfriend is also working hard on finishing her Commander Shepard costume. Gonna be a fun Dragon Con!

even if the lanyard doesnt have the RPF logo on it its still an amazing souvenir. obviously it will be even more epic if they actually add the logo, but even without the logo i will be happy.

The lanyard won't be awful without the RPF logo, but it will make it so much better to have the logo in between the section of text. When I called the support number they assured me that the uploaded artwork will be on the lanyard. Just makes me nervous that the proof does not show the artwork. What's the point of a proof if not all the artwork is there?

Also regarding badges. We are so close to DragonCon at this point that I'm going to have to skip the custom non-avatar version of the badges and go directly to printing some badges that folks can write their name and info in by hand. There will be some blank badges at the meetup.

In other news I came home from errands last night and my dog was super excited to see me and was running around my feet and I almost stepped on him, but instead I tripped on something else and rolled my ankle. So, now I'm limping around the house trying to get stuff done. Swelling has gone down and it doesn't hurt like it did at first so it's not that bad, but still sore. As if I didn't have enough to worry about.

Between now and Sunday is crunch time for me.

@helpfulnerd i hope you get well soon, ive ended up out of the action before while i was in the middle of one project or another so i know how frustrating that is. as for the lanyards, while its going to be awesome if they have the logo, i will still be happy possessing an item which shows i stood in the company of such skilled people as you all and was counted as one of them regardless of if the logo is on it or not.

@helpfulnerd i hope you get well soon, ive ended up out of the action before while i was in the middle of one project or another so i know how frustrating that is. as for the lanyards, while its going to be awesome if they have the logo, i will still be happy possessing an item which shows i stood in the company of such skilled people as you all and was counted as one of them regardless of if the logo is on it or not.

Thanks! Luckily I sit at a desk for a living, and I can sit at my work bench to finish cosplay stuff. I've been staying off the foot. It's feeling better so it shouldn't affect me during DragonCon. Worse case, I'll just walk a bit slower during the Con. :lol

One of my neighbors is a medical school student and took a look and said that it doesn't look like a sprain so that's good news.

I'm sure the lanyards will work out.

helpfulnerd MatrixSpoon

I was thinking (dangerous!). If there's going to be a photographer there, seems natural that we have to get a RPF group shot during the meetup. You know, a week from now.
Pretty stoked y'all!

Last edited by a moderator:
The list of name before are of people that will have avatars on the badges. I thought that I sent in my updated avatar and nerd even helped me with it. Does this mean my badge won't have my avatar?

Not to worry, you have a badge.

If you look at the badge list on the first page you'll noticed that your badge status is "Badge Printed"

EDIT: and your badge will have an avatar

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back