Is this gun worth turning onto a Han Blaster?

Hello thd9791

I have been looking all over for a "resin" ANH flash hider and I was wondering if you (or anyone out there in the RPF) had any luck finding one for sale.

Thanks

DarKev2

I did this! It's still a wip, but I made my own M19 scope too, a little unsatisfied with my scratch scope mount, and still haven't gotten around to getting a resin flash hider

Absolutely worth it. I got my gun for a penny.

@DarKev2 I don't have resin flash hiders but I can make you one of these. 3D printed with a Solidoodle2. They are designed to fit on the Mauser in this thread perfectly.

Hi SOLARiS

OMG YES!!!!!!! Sending you a PM in a minute or two!

Thank You!!

DarKev2

@DarKev2 I don't have resin flash hiders but I can make you one of these. 3D printed with a Solidoodle2. They are designed to fit on the Mauser in this thread perfectly.

No, it is a later model. I believe this style is modeled after the M1932 / M712 Schnellfeuer, based on the name on the box, the addition of the selector switch and the bottom loading magazine. I believe Han's and the one in Sherlock movie was based on the Mauser C96. That is just a guess because the C96 (1896) was the first model of this type of weapon but the movie "Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows" takes place in 1891.

I am not a gun expert nor even an amateur so take this info with a grain of salt.

I think technically we might be both right. Found this on imdb:
"Though very photogenic, the C96, or "Broom handle," Mauser pistol, used extensively in this film [game of shadows], was first produced in 1896, thus would not have been available in 1891. Also, most models of C96s had a non-removable internal magazine, which would have been loaded from above with a stripper clip. It wasn't until the early 1930s that the C96 design would be modified to accept a removable magazine (conveniently loaded from the bottom, as pointed out in the film)."

Either way, I bought one. I'll either end up with a Sherlock Holmes gun or a home built Han Solo blaster. It's a win either way!

My reasoning is this: I got the airsoft for $10 and it is close enough for a first, rough work through of building a han blaster on the cheap. It's a rough draft, so to speak. Once I make all my mistakes on the cheap one, I'll invest in the more expensive and more accurate parts.

Hello Folks

I was thinking about going back and getting another .01 Mauser on the "bay" earlier today but I think the well has dried up for a while. The current selling price is now around $10.50 and something is a little off. I noticed the current one for sale is slightly different in that the second thumb switch (ie the safety???) is not present.

Oh Well I hope the one I purchased for $.01 comes back since I want to get a couple more of those.

Smiles

DarKev2

If your building a DL-44 just for fun and don't mind less than accurate, it'll do fine. I used for my left handed Luke ESB blaster, and aside from removing the selector switch on the left side (hint, use Bondo spot putty to fill in the recess. do NOT use Squadron Green, it shrinks) it looks the part. I did mine so it still functions as an airsoft.

lukeblasterright_zps28ca45b7.png

lukeblasterleft_zps7c032c13.png

It would be good for Halloween or playing around, but won't pass muster for trooping. As with all my AS, it's just a wall hanger now.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back