Terminator: Genisys

I'm pretty excited for the post-release thread for this.. seeing how many people who bitched and moaned about it actually enjoyed it hahaha

Okaaay, I've seen the trailer now twice. My personal 2 cents as a quick rundown:

+ Sarah Connor casting: looks and talks like a young Linda Hamilton, well done Emilia
+ The retcon idea: it's an interesting concept, but I just don't know if it's executed well
+ Future War: very close to T1

- Kyle Reese and John Connor casting: at least they could have sought out for actors looking like Michael Biehn and Michael Edwards, which his 30 seconds on T2 is already legendary.
- T-800 Render: are we talking about 2005 PS3 level? Even TSCC had better looking ones.
- T-1001 metal render: It's debatable, if they were going for the T2 look, they archieved it easily, but if ILM can do ultra high-res seamless texture for transforming robots, so can they, if budget isn't a prohibting option
- T-800 Model 101 arm: see above.

And maybe it's this: it's a trailer, very quick and dirty done that is later polished like Green Lantern. Green Lantern suffered from shoddy CGI look too and when WB got backlash from the internet, they suddenly started throwing money in. BUT! If Genisys (still crappo title) story is paper thin, then no amount of CGI will carry it.

This Thread makes me laugh.

Many people seem to dislike this trailer because they are using different actors and re-using famous catch phrases.

Meanwhile everyone loves the Bond movies, despite the lead character being played by 6 different actors, several of whom look nothing like each other. Plus the movies most famous catch phrase "Bond. James Bond" is reused in every movie and everyone loves it.

It's like Superman Returns being a sequel to Superman 1-2. Sure they recast every part, but I didn't mind. The movie was 'meh' but it was great to see the characters back on the big screen even if played by different actors. It didn't diminish my enjoyment of watching a new Superman movie.

Meanwhile everyone loves the Bond movies, despite the lead character being played by 6 different actors, several of whom look nothing like each other. Plus the movies most famous catch phrase "Bond. James Bond" is reused in every movie and everyone loves it.

Huge difference between using a catchphrase and lazy writing ;)

"I've got a bad feeling about this" is not only repeated in all 6 Star Wars movies, it's said 2 or 3 times in the same movie by different characters.

I just feel you've got to let the little stuff go. If you enjoy a franchise, then go enjoy it. None of them are perfect and if you're looking for perfection you'll always be disappointed and unhappy. Movies can always be better but they are only as good as you allow them to be.

I, of course, will go to see this movie. Any movie involving (impossible) time travel, can reset the timeline any way it wants. Star Trek did.

The only important thing is that it have cool robots, and lots of (plausible) action. And after the movie, I will either A) giggle like a school girl all the way home to play with my Hot Toys Endoskeleton, or B) cry all the way home to play with my Hot Toys Endoskeleton.

It's funny, as much as I like the terminator, the sarah connor chronicles made me like the movies a whole lot less.

Terminator 2 seems like a movie about catchphrases to me now. time hasn't been great to that movie (but time has been GREAT to terminator 3. One of my favorite endings of all time)

Well, it looked and felt like a Terminator movie to me, i liked everything except the Die Hard dude playing Kyle Reese. Having said that, after all i'd heard and seen up to now, which made the new film look like a car crash, the trailer was actually quite exciting and well done!

I'll definitely go see it!

Rich

I like what I saw in the trailer. Hopefully it will do well enough for them to make the next 2 installments. I also hope that there is some cohesiveness to the storyline if it continues for two more movies.

Looks like the flying hunter killers morph into something that looks like a centurian.

Hopefully more collectible items.

I wanted to dislike this trailer, but I can't. It actually looks "good". And the chick playing Sarah did a GREAT job; it almost seemed like I was watching a young version of Linda Hamilton.

I'll see it.

"I've got a bad feeling about this" is not only repeated in all 6 Star Wars movies, it's said 2 or 3 times in the same movie by different characters.

I just feel you've got to let the little stuff go. If you enjoy a franchise, then go enjoy it. None of them are perfect and if you're looking for perfection you'll always be disappointed and unhappy. Movies can always be better but they are only as good as you allow them to be.

SW:ANH [approaching the Death Star]
Luke Skywalker: I have a very bad feeling about this.
Okaaay, I've seen the trailer now twice. My personal 2 cents as a quick rundown:

SW:TESB [On the asteroid]Princess Leia: I have a bad feeling about this...

SW:RotJ
[about to be cooked alive by the Ewoks]Han Solo: I have a really bad feeling about this.

SW:TPM
[While in the Trade Federation Ship]
Obi-Wan: I have a bad feeling about this.

SW:AotC
Anakin: I've got a bad feeling about this.

SW: RotS
Obi-Wan: [crashing towards the hangar] Oh, I have a bad feeling about this.

Not sure if they were said more than once in a single movie... I'm only using IMDb as a source.

I don't mind the "Come with me if you want to live" thing. It's no more tired than "I'll be back". Maybe less since Arnold used that line in movies besides Terminator. It because HIS one liner.
Now get your ***** to Mars, on the choppa, even though it's not a tumor.
Arnold comes from a period full of catch phrases and he is argueably the king of catch phrases. I'll take his lame one liners over "Yippy Kay Yay".

I wanted to dislike this trailer, but I can't. It actually looks "good". And the chick playing Sarah did a GREAT job; it almost seemed like I was watching a young version of Linda Hamilton.

I'll see it.

Meh... she looks like a child. If she's supposed to be the same age as SC, she doesn't look it at all. Funny since she is pretty much the same age LH was at the time.

This franchise pretty much needs to stop...

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back