"Moon"- I finally watched it

ssgt Burton,
your comments on the film are exactly how I feel about it. I find "Moon" to be a well crafted story about lonliness, identity and individuality which is visually stunning and thought provoking at the same time. It's ability to not resort to space battles etc. is one of it's strengths and the characterisation that Rockwell brings to the character(s) of Sam Bell is nothing short of excellent.

Moon (2009)

Hello,

I don't see any thread concerning this movie! Did you guys like it?

I have a question though, when Sam contacts his daughter (near the end of the movie), when she calls her dad, is it the actual Sam? Like did the real one ever get back on Earth? x)

Re: Moon (2009)

Hello,

I don't see any thread concerning this movie! Did you guys like it?

I have a question though, when Sam contacts his daughter (near the end of the movie), when she calls her dad, is it the actual Sam? Like did the real one ever get back on Earth? x)

I think the original Sam made it back to earth not knowing they had his DNA and cloned him. I would love to see a sequel to this movie. I watch it whenever it's on.

I think the original Sam made it back to earth not knowing they had his DNA and cloned him. I would love to see a sequel to this movie. I watch it whenever it's in.

Yeah I thought the same, just wanted some point of view XD!

Yeah I really liked the movie too! I feel like not much people know about it, which is a bit odd! But I actually watched it recently... Never heard of it when it was out in 2009!

I remember seeing a trailer for it in the theater back then, but never saw it released. If it was released, it must have been pretty limited.

Thank you!!! That's weird. I searched in in the search bar and couldn't find any threads through the pages! Thank you! I will have a look at these :p

I love Moon!

Yes, I think the clone of Sam Rockwell made it back to Earth, judging from the radio chatter at the end of the film.

What happens next, is unknown! Presumably an army of Sam Rockwells settle back on Earth and live interesting lives. :lol

Oh and if you haven't seen the film, stop reading already and go watch it! :D

Karl

Thank you!!! That's weird. I searched in in the search bar and couldn't find any threads through the pages! Thank you! I will have a look at these :p

I love that movie. I knew there were threads about it. Moon is kind of a generic word to search for, so instead I did a search for Duncan Jones, the director. Someone should combine them all into one thread.

I'd love to see more from Duncan Jones. He had a sequel called Mute that was supposedly going to be in the visual style of Blade Runner, but its been a long while since Ive heard anything about it.

Last edited:

Did you guys like it?

Loved it!

Yes it is the "real" Sam. My belief (in my Moon thread) is that everything that happened to the original Sam is what each clone goes through on the station--- So all the Sam clones see the same messages from his wife (carefully edited so that the current clone doesn't realize it is an old recording).

Yes, I think the clone of Sam Rockwell made it back to Earth, judging from the radio chatter at the end of the film.

What happens next, is unknown! Presumably an army of Sam Rockwells settle back on Earth and live interesting lives. :lol

Emma meant the "real" Sam, but touching on Sam "6"- yes he makes it back to Earth in the Helium3 shuttle and blows the whistle on Lunar Industries.

(Been a while since I watched it but...) In the bluray commentary there was an unused sequence in which Sam "6" takes the carving of the town church (from the model town on the station) and leaves it on Eve's doorstep--- this was supposed to be "Sam's" closure with his daughter. However they chose not to include it in the film as they felt this would cause more confusion for the relationship between Eve, her father Sam and the Sam clones. How is she supposed to deal with THIS now on top of the death of her mother?

As to what happened to Sam "6" afterward- unfortunately it can be assumed that he died after his three year life span was up.

Kevin

Yeah, what a shame that the clone will die after his 3 years on Earth! I wonder if he would go see the real Sam and tell him everything about the base on the Moon, maybe it would create a huge scandal, and probably another war against the government and its citizens xD

Haha I like how the 2 threads got combined, thanks moderators :p

goten_and_trunks_do_the_fusion_dance_by_supersweetness918-d4u4ljn.gif

Wow how did I miss that. Did they go for much?

Ben

They were selling the light posts with working lights that were outside the station. They were very cool and all I remember about the price was I couldn't afford them. I looked for that sales thread but couldn't find it.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back