Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

Love it. BUT
a new Death Star? C´mon
!!!

It more and more feels like it may be a very well thought out continuation of ROTJ. Just like ESB was to ANH, i.e. time has gone by, the huge victory is a thing of the past and new obstacles turn up that need to be overcome.

Well, there are alot of people who have spent thirty odd years thinking about what would happen after ROTJ, and after the Prequels, what they didn't want to see in a Star Wars film so I have every faith that they will get it right. Remember that JJ also preffers a darker, more "adult" approach to his direction, so it won't be aimed for a more juvernile audience. This will be for the generations that grew up with SW, He'll make it as much for what he wants to see, and the many film making fans with which he is friends with and are involved in making it. Everybody wants to get this bang to rights. Hence all the positive comments from Kevin Smith etc. There have been more than a few film industry "employees" who have been to see the sets but simply won't say anything as they don't want to be drawn out about it but I've yet to pick up a single negative thing said about it as yet in what has been released to the media, and that is hugely encouraging

LFL has been sourcing saber parts from here? Why?

It'd be nice to see them make something authentic looking, something with some soul, rather than the lazy milled imitations of the prequel era!

I like the comments about the looser, more energetic dialogue...the Prequels were like watching a noh play.

I say this from the standpoint of being American, but the prequel dialog would have been much better had all the actors/actresses been British. They do "proper"
English so much more naturally (read: better) than Americans because that just isn't how we speak and it inevitably comes across as contrived. Natalie Portman's
delivery of an English accent was awful. Just awful.

Energetic dialogue scares me. Star trek was so energetic that it was terrible. Almost as if the frenetic energy would help us overlook the terrible nonsense on screen

I actually wish he would more to the falcon. I think it's reasonable to assume that after Jedi, Han's status improved. He was a general. He would probably have the opportunity to do more than simply slap a used aftermarket radar dish on top.

Fix the hull. Get it cleaned. Eliminate the need for a radar dish. This thing is a museum piece now

who says its a used aftermarket radar dish? for all we know a mere few weeks after the battle of Endor he purchased the latest high tech radar dish on the market! (or he conned somebody out of it. :D ) now its thirty years after he added it to the falcon so it has a little bit of space gunk and carbon scoring on it! :) And why get it cleaned? it'll just get dirty again upon re-entry :D

Energetic dialogue scares me. Star trek was so energetic that it was terrible. Almost as if the frenetic energy would help us overlook the terrible nonsense on screen

I'm assuming they mean energetic like in a scene like this... (Not a lot of this in the prequels)

Luke Skywalker: Will you forget it? I already tried it. It's magnetically sealed!
Princess Leia Organa: Put that thing away, you're gonna get us all killed!
Han Solo: Absolutely, Your Worship. Look, I had everything under control until you led us down here! Now it's not going to take them long to figure out what happened to us.
Princess Leia Organa: It could be worse.
[Garbage creature growls]
Han Solo: It's worse.

I'm assuming they mean energetic like in a scene like this... (Not a lot of this in the prequels)

Luke Skywalker: Will you forget it? I already tried it. It's magnetically sealed!
Princess Leia Organa: Put that thing away, you're gonna get us all killed!
Han Solo: Absolutely, Your Worship. Look, I had everything under control until you led us down here! Now it's not going to take them long to figure out what happened to us.
Princess Leia Organa: It could be worse.
[Garbage creature growls]
Han Solo: It's worse.

I always like how in that scene Luke had time to try it when he landed about two seconds before Han.

Well, then I assume you hated SW-ANH, as that dialogue is practically spat out FASTER, MORE INTENSE was the direction!

I'm talking more about the frantic dialogue that always took exactly the amount of time needed to get to destination. I'm talking about the lack of communicator use because running was more exciting. Or submerging the enterprise in an ocean because.....epic

Well, then I assume you hated SW-ANH, as that dialogue is practically spat out FASTER, MORE INTENSE was the direction!
Not true at all. Look at their journey to alderaan. Debating religion while Jedi training. Or when they visit kenobis cave. Their are quite a few moments to catch your breath in that movie.

Not true at all. Look at their journey to alderaan. Debating religion while Jedi training. Or when they visit kenobis cave. Their are quite a few moments to catch your breath in that movie.

Yes, I was being a bit facetious, but if you listen to the actors discuss their direction, punched up dialogue delivered quickly and with emphasis was a hallmark of the OT.

Yes, I was being a bit facetious, but if you listen to the actors discuss their direction, punched up dialogue delivered quickly and with emphasis was a hallmark of the OT.
I get it. You just caught me in a moment. I was just waxing nostalgic for the days when action movies were allowed to breath. There were a lot of great moments when it took Picard 3 days to the edge of the neutral zone. Or when the falcon would break down.

I actually wish he would more to the falcon. I think it's reasonable to assume that after Jedi, Han's status improved. He was a general. He would probably have the opportunity to do more than simply slap a used aftermarket radar dish on top.

Fix the hull. Get it cleaned. Eliminate the need for a radar dish. This thing is a museum piece now
Nahhh, at this point the Falcon is the Star Wars equivalent of a "barn find" classic car; cleaning it up and/or restoring it would only decrease it's value. :D

I cold only assume the Falcon became that "fixer upper" that just got left in the garage, only to sit there for 30 years until someone finds it, and gets it running again, like when some guys kid gets dad's old hot rod going again...

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back