Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

The new radar is not what im the more concerned about.
I dont like the different style of plating of the hull and mandibles they did. While all panels should only have notches, several of them have extra rectangular plates instead of notches.

Just noticed that one of the XWings looks a bit 2D:

SpanishLeak4.jpg

......on closer examination of the wide base shot shows the other side of the craft

Plywoodcutout_zps1a0276f6.jpg

Nice side shot of the falcon:

Wideshot_zpse20038d2.jpg

J

the full pic (just in case it wasn't linked with the other shots.. hadn't looked back to see if the full image was referenced)

10665362_10100365717672182_3655397849013264125_n.jpg

The new radar is not what im the more concerned about.
I dont like the different style of plating of the hull and mandibles they did. While all panels should only have notches, several of them have extra rectangular plates instead of notches.

so.... Han patched things up by now... it is 30 years later... :rolleyes

Even without an X-Wing here and there or the Falcon as any kind of reference, there's something about Star Wars set pieces that's unmistakable. JJ and company definitely have the design element well understood and I'd know that this was a Star Wars movie just by looking at all the greeblies.

So does the green screen crane tell us we'll see the Falcon lifting off?

interesting idea but not so sure looking at the other pics of the falcon and scaffolds that its structurally sound to lift off the ground. wouldn't want to drop it on Harrison Ford. :p

notice the blue structural support poles holding up the front of the falcon among other areas.. this alone tells me it can't hold its own weight for long. the blue is for matting out later of course. although of course those poles could be removed during actual shooting then replaced for safety concerns.

SpanishLeak1.jpg

notice the blue structural support poles holding up the front of the falcon among other areas.. this alone tells me it can't hold its own weight for long. the blue is for matting out later of course. although of course those poles could be removed during actual shooting then replaced for safety concerns.

I wonder why they're needed this go around? They didn't require anything like that on the Falcon build from the OT... :/

I wonder why they're needed this go around? They didn't require anything like that on the Falcon build from the OT... :/
I don't know if that's quite what's happening here. Back in the 80s, they didn't have a way of removing things like that.. they didn't have a choice but to build a self-supporting version. This one is probably a hell of a lot cheaper to build because it doesn't need to be self-supporting any more.

probably there for insurance purposes until its time to film.. for extra structural support while building and tearing down. most likely can be removed before the shoot starts.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know if that's quite what's happening here. Back in the 80s, they didn't have a way of removing things like that.. they didn't have a choice but to build a self-supporting version. This one is probably a hell of a lot cheaper to build because it doesn't need to be self-supporting any more.

ya, if you look at that exposed scaffold framing it doesn't look like its got much for support beams in the center of it... like you say, its probably a light duty quick and dirty just to get the shots.

probably there for insurance purposes until its time to film.. for extra structural support while building and tearing down. most likely can be removed before the shoot starts.

That's interesting. I know they moved the one from Empire around on air cushions when they needed to reposition it. I'm not at all familiar with construction methods but it makes sense that things would have evolved I guess. I'm sure it won't make any difference at all to the final look on film.

- - - Updated - - -

I do love the idea of that crane lifting or landing the ship.

It would probably be easier/safer with CG. They did a heck of a job of it in the Special Edition of Ep. IV when the Falcon leaves Mos Eisley...

I do love the idea of that crane lifting or landing the ship.

well, if you look at how much more scaffolding is on the unbuilt side you can tell its not designed to be lifted at all. the whole thing would just collapse and fall apart. the support structure looks pretty well anchored down. large model or full CGI is going to be safer and more effective.

well, if you look at how much more scaffolding is on the unbuilt side you can tell its not designed to be lifted at all. the whole thing would just collapse and fall apart. the support structure looks pretty well anchored down. large model or full CGI is going to be safer and more effective.

Yeah I agree with you EO, the crane is likely there either lifting the cockpit on or off......its lying on the grass

I love the black XWing,.....hopefully its Luke's.....& he's still wearing black like in ROTJ & not Jedi robes

J

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back