Defiance Props

Lamia,
I'd assumed it was about the size of your wooden model, and I'd be real happy with that one! The cardboard pattern looks too fat to fit securely in the hand. Blade width is probably subjective to the CG crew's whim.

Lamia,
I'd assumed it was about the size of your wooden model, and I'd be real happy with that one! The cardboard pattern looks too fat to fit securely in the hand. Blade width is probably subjective to the CG crew's whim.

Thank you!

I still think it is that fat though, although not as fat exactly cause I gave myself room to work with. It is very awkward of a design, but the more I look at the episode, the more I think I am right that it is a distorted version of the concept sketch version I made. I am going to be making copies for fans and cosplayers to sell as kits split in half for easy of light kit instillation and solid for those that just want it as a non light up.

As I was typing this I went back and looked at the scene when he used it in the bride wore black. Now it looks more like the concept. I think he either has more than one or they used a different one in the sword scene, maybe so the CG sword could track better.

I am working on this gun, its way too cool..hopefully will have some time during the week to grab some stuff and do deeper detail on it.
Thanks for everyone who has been posting captures! It helps greatly.!

Here's where i am at so far!
null_zps21365e11.jpg

null_zpsfcb9b668.jpg

Last edited:
Lamia, I agree with Interceptor6, I think your first attempt is very close. I'd get a kit if you can cast it.

And how come I still can't order a blaster kit from anyone? C'mon, people! Quit slacking and make a run already! :D

Lamia, I agree with Interceptor6, I think your first attempt is very close. I'd get a kit if you can cast it.

And how come I still can't order a blaster kit from anyone? C'mon, people! Quit slacking and make a run already! :D

Thank you for your vote of confidence, I will be making a run of anything I post at least for the next few weeks. I just got a ton of rubber. I am also going to be doing defiance themed original props for me and my RP guild in game that I am also going to make molds and cast kits for.

WOOhoo!! More Defiance props!!
Jessec, that pistol looks fantastic as well! I've got a vintage Daisy BB gun version of the Beretta 92 I was going to build off of, but I think I'll wait now!

That is fantastic! Did you route that out or use layered MDF?

thanx mate, yup routed a solid block of MDF.
Stuck on other small detail, cannot find my stash of styrene sheets..!

Thanks guys !

some awesome work is going on on Defiance Props! I didn't want to be left out!

Well for my retooled charge blade this is how it is coming, and it does fit in the hand a lot better than you would think. I am sure that this I more like what Datak's must look like. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376365887.987068.jpg

I wish there was just one picture of what Datak's blade looks like, cause I more I stare at this screenshots the more things I notice that are different from the concept sketch.

006.JPG009.JPGAll trimmed and ready! Now to practice writting Irathient! I'll toss these up in the junkyard if anyone wants a cheap addition to their Defiance props!
Cheers, Jeff

View attachment 219741View attachment 219742All trimmed and ready! Now to practice writting Irathient! I'll toss these up in the junkyard if anyone wants a cheap addition to their Defiance props!
Cheers, Jeff

Very very nice! The postcard really looks great, would love to see it weathered for sure !

..on the pistol i got busy with another gun i am currently working on, will deff post an update hopefully will get to do some work this weekend!

Here are a few other photos

Here is the gun next to - an iPad i have been trying to find out the scale but i hope it is not too Big, from the screen caps it seems like the gun needs to be this big.

Side Note : been working on this one from stargate atlantis for the last few days.

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376946316.619832.jpg
So I Finished the Datak, and concept art Charge Blades. Now I am going to make the game version. Also I will be molding and resin casting these for kits should anyone want one. Here are some screenshots. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376946431.591838.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1376946446.238978.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1376946458.690544.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1376946473.022374.jpg

Very very nice! The postcard really looks great, would love to see it weathered for sure !

..on the pistol i got busy with another gun i am currently working on, will deff post an update hopefully will get to do some work this weekend!

Here are a few other photos
[url]http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b513/jcprops/null_zps73383f02.jpg[/URL]

Here is the gun next to - an iPad i have been trying to find out the scale but i hope it is not too Big, from the screen caps it seems like the gun needs to be this big.

[url]http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b513/jcprops/null_zpscf3bab02.jpg[/URL]

Side Note : been working on this one from stargate atlantis for the last few days.
[url]http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b513/jcprops/photo1copy_zps0684b7d7.jpg[/URL]

I love both of these btw. Are you going to make kit runs of either? I would love to get both if you do! Your Iron Demon gun is so perfect. I know I wouldn't be able to do one better. Would Los to get a hold of one and put in some kick back and cocking effects.

In other news. My mold fused and I broke my handle getting it out so repair time set back. :(

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back