Bandai 1/48 a-wing

Looks like it's great for reference. Do you know anywhere in the states that has it? Any other books that are comparable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like it's great for reference. Do you know anywhere in the states that has it? Any other books that are comparable?

Unfortunately nowhere in the states that I know of.

I had to create an account on Amazon Japan to get it

For folks looking at the whole scale question, here are two pics with each scale of x-wing!

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums...ng/a-wing/IMG_20170512_152202_zpsbgt8cdzl.jpg
http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums...ng/a-wing/IMG_20170512_152316_zps9zazcpcx.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I'm calling mine 48th!..........although if you go with the actual filming model it would be almost 35th:(

It's even worse on the snowspeeder where their enormous bobble heads fill the cockpit window frames!:lol equally sized bodies could never fit inside:facepalm

Personally I won't critisize anyone's scale interpretations for either ship

Now let's look at the (oddly) enough only pic where the A-wing is actually in scale with other familiar rebel ships. I know it's a matte painting, But it is still all we have.

I'd say that there is a strong case for converting this to 1/48!
007526c4ab09c114c3f5fb5b0b141402.jpg
13be0551a5d959a5a5ae679e752fa62c.jpg

AH HA!.........cannon!:D

and I will show these pictures to anyone who doubts my scale wisdom!:cool

Seriously though...dang! it's almost as small as just the front of the y-wing!

AH HA!.........cannon!:D

and I will show these pictures to anyone who doubts my scale wisdom!:cool

Seriously though...dang! it's almost as small as just the front of the y-wing!
I've said this before, but those official numbers on star wars.com are just stats typed in by employees. I highly doubt the story group is going over the films with calipers to come up with the dimensions.

I will continually look for images from the films in order to find my scale.

Nice work, and very instructive.

Was not aware of these scale issues with the a-wing.., since it can be interpreted as 1/48 now i want one :eek
Personally, I think they based the size of this A-wing off of the mcquarrie art (which is what influenced the Rebels A-wing) rather than the studio models

Personally, I think they based the size of this A-wing off of the mcquarrie art (which is what influenced the Rebels A-wing) rather than the studio models

There were two studio models, I think Bandai based the scale on the one that Lucasfilm gave them, the official dimensions & scale

12801593_1115492488483465_7445432333020991265_n_zpsgkr97mvo.jpg

md_A-wing_top_zpsqu0u3gbb.jpg

.....the paint scheme though is of the other model, the model with the red panel on the hull, seen in the film crashing into the bridge of the Executor flown by Arvel Crynyd

Awing-sag.jpg

It's a shame that there is confusion over these two models.....but Bandai have the official measurements of what LFL say this bird is

J

There is some ambiguity in scales in ROTJ....also the Blockade Runner

http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag383/jaitea1/A-Wing/Blockade_zps91sxi33n.png

http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag383/jaitea1/A-Wing/Blockade 2_zps6nubld5h.png

....You must do what you think is right ....of course

J

oh gawd yeah! the blockade runner!

How many sizes have they portrayed on screen alone?:facepalm

Almost like the KBOP in Star Trek the voyage home!

between the model, official size listing, scene where they enlarged it greatly and big enough to hold two whales, some of my modelling friends almost took a stroke!:lol

oh gawd yeah! the blockade runner!

How many sizes have they portrayed on screen alone?:facepalm

Almost like the KBOP in Star Trek the voyage home!

between the model, official size listing, scene where they enlarged it greatly and big enough to hold two whales, some of my modelling friends almost took a stroke![emoji38]
I think a huge part of the issue with the blockade runner is that they essentially made the model to be the falcon. So when it became the tantive 4, they just waved a magic wand and it was a different size. Even the missing escape pods on the ship were the ones the imperials talked about in the movie.

And it look like the escape pods are actually seen along the bottom....which also looks like it should help in scaling it. But for some reason, the officially measurements have it a lot larger than it seems in my books

I think a huge part of the issue with the blockade runner is that they essentially made the model to be the falcon. So when it became the tantive 4, they just waved a magic wand and it was a different size. Even the missing escape pods on the ship were the ones the imperials talked about in the movie.

And it look like the escape pods are actually seen along the bottom....which also looks like it should help in scaling it. But for some reason, the officially measurements have it a lot larger than it seems in my books

until you see it again in the prequels where it is small enough to have landing gear and barely big enough for obi wan to land a single seat fighter in!

until you see it again in the prequels where it is small enough to have landing gear and barely big enough for obi wan to land a single seat fighter in!
It's not just the prequels. It looks incredibly small on rebels, too.

I wish they would actually scale these things the way they list them in canon.

I work in a theatre where the stage is roughly the size of the "official" canon size. But in no way is the falcon ever shown to be that big.

Same with the ghost and the twilight (from the clone wars)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back