Ghostbusters (2016) (Post-release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're a veteran so I'm kind of shocked at how easily you buy into the SJW garbage.. And for the record, I'll be 36 in 2 months m8.

- - - Updated - - -

Showing your fellow citizens (and RPF members) a little basic courtesy despite differences in opinion isn't a weakness, it's called civility. Just about every dismissive, comically macho post you made in here today says that you psychologically flatlined at about 13 years old. I don't think you're a troll, you've just got some growing up to do.

Have you ever been trolled because of the colour of your skin and choice of dayjob? Excusing what these people are doing goes way beyond 'SJW'/Nerd debate into hate speech, and it has absoluteley no place here. I find it totally disgusting that long-time RPF members are supporting this crap.

It's amazing that I'm seeing this crap on these boards. Bravo to the guys who put together the vid for Jones'

Some members here need to give their heads a shake. Attack me all you want about free speach... I would never use my ability to speak my mind to lead an assault on an actress for the color of her skin.

Good Job GB fans... That vid made my day.

Showing your fellow citizens (and RPF members) a little basic courtesy despite differences in opinion isn't a weakness, it's called civility. Just about every dismissive, comically macho post you made in here today says that you psychologically flatlined at about 13 years old. I don't think you're a troll, you've just got some growing up to do.

Civility??? I call it censorship. I believe in plain speaking. The way I present my argument is obviously abrasive to some people. I couldn't care less. How you or anyone else feels about how I deliver my message and or opinions literally means nothing to me. Individuals are responsible for how THEY feel. Not my problem. I find in my everyday life that my honesty and bluntness has helped me far more than it has hurt me. Political correctness is a key factor to the decline in our society.

Everyone is afraid of offending everyone. To hell with that. Say what you mean. Mean what you say. Don't sugar coat **** to make it taste good. Safe spaces are for babies. If someone is so mentally weak that you can't handle a differing opinion without crying or throwing a teenage temper tantrum on a college campus... well then you're going to get crushed in society. I don't care if you like it but I'll be damned if I'm not going to express my views because you or anyone else is offended.

Was there a sadly predictable flood of racism & sexism when they announced the two fresh Star Wars stars were black & female?

This Ghostbusters reboot provoked it. Then they started feeding and manipulating it once it started rolling in.

Racists & sexists do what they do.
Respectable? No.
Predictable? Yes.

But we should expect better from people like Pascal, Feig, Sony's top brass, etc.

But we should expect better from people like Pascal, Feig, Sony's top brass, etc.
Don't believe for one second that Feig and Sony think there's actually a sexist issue here. Their tirade was just a calculated smokescreen to divert the public debate from "Is this movie any good?" to "Is this film really being attacked for having female leads?"

For the most part it's worked.

Civility??? I call it censorship. I believe in plain speaking. The way I present my argument is obviously abrasive to some people. I couldn't care less. How you or anyone else feels about how I deliver my message and or opinions literally means nothing to me. Individuals are responsible for how THEY feel. Not my problem. I find in my everyday life that my honesty and bluntness has helped me far more than it has hurt me. Political correctness is a key factor to the decline in our society.

Everyone is afraid of offending everyone. To hell with that. Say what you mean. Mean what you say. Don't sugar coat **** to make it taste good. Safe spaces are for babies. If someone is so mentally weak that you can't handle a differing opinion without crying or throwing a teenage temper tantrum on a college campus... well then you're going to get crushed in society. I don't care if you like it but I'll be damned if I'm not going to express my views because you or anyone else is offended.

Okay, thanks for clarifying your position: free speech and common courtesy in public forums cannot co-exist. They are apparently mortal enemies! Got it, buddy.

You have to admit, though, it's kinda funny how this little exchange has given your avatar a whole new meaning — an angry, blue in the face, foot stomping curmudgeon. It makes a lot of sense now.

To each his own. Have a good one.

Last edited:
NeoRutty When Dana is possessed, thats the first time I can remember feeling funny in my pants was when I was a kid watching that scene. :lol

Last edited by a moderator:
@NeoRutty When Dana is possessed, thats the first time I can remember feeling funny in my pants was when I was a kid watching that scene. :lol

Yep... Though as a kid I never saw Dana as hot... possessed Dana gave me feelings I couldn't process at that age... the teeth and biting? ha.

1c96ccf55226534971186d9f7b7ec718f6220b1e32e87588186d22dc1ff89268.jpg

Yep... Though as a kid I never saw Dana as hot... possessed Dana gave me feelings I couldn't process at that age... the teeth and biting? ha.

I think it was the make up, and the sultry way she talks... I dont know man. Thats the first time I remember where I actually got aroused. Kind of funny how you remember somethings and not others. I can remember that, but I cant remember what I got up and went into the kitchen to get.

But yeah, good call!

We all started a group FB chat yesterday and busted our butts on it. Got all that footage collected in less than 8 hours. So proud of everyone and very thankful for the Yes Have Some Podcast for leading the charge on it.

It was our pleasure. When I told my daughters what was going on (minus the nasty details and language) they couldn't believe it. As soon as we got home we suited up, shot the video and emailed it.

Okay, thanks for clarifying your position: free speech and common courtesy in public forums cannot co-exist. They are apparently mortal enemies! Got it, buddy.

You have to admit, though, it's kinda funny how this little exchange has given your avatar a whole new meaning — an angry, blue in the face, foot stomping curmudgeon. It makes a lot of sense now!

No hard feelings, I hope. Have a good one.

No hard feelings ever! Why would I be mad because of another persons opinion?? I'm passionate about my views and I stand by my reasons. I'll never apologize for my take on life and hope you never will either. This is a discussion forum. I discus how I feel about this topic differently than I would when discussing Graflex lightsabers. Could I get this passionate about a Graflex?? You better believe it. Try to prove to me the ANH Graflex clamp belongs on the same side as the ESB or TFA. You'll see this same amount of passion in that argument. It's just me... Only the real vets of the RPF would remember some of my long past debates. Ahhhh memories.

Dead on... Dead... freaking.... on.
So people actually spend their spare time watching hate-fueled 7-minute rant videos like this for fun? This is a thing now? I made it about 2:00 in. All he's really been able to convey is that he doesn't like that women were cast as Ghostbusters because... women are scared of spiders, aren't bad ass, and shouldn't be standing like Run DMC? DId I hear that correctly? This has to be a comedy channel. Please let it be played for laughs.

I liked it. The wife and I laughed a lot. It's very much a love letter to the original. Kate McKinnon and Chris Hemsworth are awesome.

So people actually spend their spare time watching hate-fueled 7-minute rant videos like this for fun? This is a thing now? I made it about 2:00 in. All he's really been able to convey is that he doesn't like that women were cast as Ghostbusters because... women are scared of spiders, aren't bad ass, and shouldn't be standing like Run DMC? DId I hear that correctly? This has to be a comedy channel. Please let it be played for laughs.

The only thing that video shows is that the guy in the video has absolutely no idea what a movie is, or how movies actually work, or what the purpose of a movie is.

Last edited:
:lol Yes, Gavin is a Comedian and he'S also a political commentator and writer. He's actually quite famous and has been on every major news network. I'm shocked that yall don't know who he is. Ohh well.. No big deal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back